YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

On 9/13/2019 at 6:17 PM, Vratenza said:

Just back from trip to Harbin. Used Youtrip which is a life saver but it can only do so much.

- Depends on which part of China, other than the 1st tier cities like Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou etc, Mastercard/Visa acceptance is very low. At most you have hotels accepting master/Visa.

- Harbin is a nightmare if you just intend to use visa/mastercard. Except for my 5 star hotel, the whole of Harbin (including the Airport) do not accept Visa/Master..Please go apply for UnionPay if you have time to do so.

- I did not change and bring much RMB in hope to use credit card for most large item spendings and meals. How wrong I was. Restaurants and shops that accept credit card only accept UnionPay.

- End up I had to top up my Youtrip account with SGD via my default mastercard  and then withdraw RMB from China bank ATM that has the cirrus logo. Have to pay SGD5 fee for each transaction. Max amount is RMB3000 each transaction. So do your sums.

- McDonalds there in Harbin only accept their alipay/wechat/unionpay.....no master (which Youtrip is based upon).

hope this will help you somewhat.

We can't use alipay there? Never been to china for many years, but can we use alipay?

↡ Advertisement

25 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

We can't use alipay there? Never been to china for many years, but can we use alipay?

I am also looking to see how to “ top up “ Alipay and wechat wallet.
Last time can just ask China friends to transfer and than pay them in cash. 

Now need to tie the account with a local bank card, and foreigners needs either a long term work permit or residency permit before you can open a bank account. 

• Praise 5

15 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Can use alipay there.... Problem we have to solve is how to top up your alipay account so that you can use it.

Some blogger successfully managed to open a prc local bank account with his passport and a local address just to try out the top up function. This is usually out of reach for most of us unless you have a relative staying in China and can "borrow" the address. 

• Praise 2

34 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Can use alipay there.... Problem we have to solve is how to top up your alipay account so that you can use it.

Some blogger successfully managed to open a prc local bank account with his passport and a local address just to try out the top up function. This is usually out of reach for most of us unless you have a relative staying in China and can "borrow" the address. 

so looks like my ICBC unionpay debit card will be useful if i ever go there (not at main cities)

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

so looks like my ICBC unionpay debit card will be useful if i ever go there (not at main cities)

Yeah, I already applied and received my BOC dual currency Unionpay credit card. The petrol discount not bad too. 

Too bad cannot use with Samsung pay. Not supported.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Yeah, I already applied and received my BOC dual currency Unionpay credit card. The petrol discount not bad too. 

Too bad cannot use with Samsung pay. Not supported.

can try xiaomi mi band 4 NFC model, it support china payment but not other part of the world,  band 5 will be a global model.

20 hours ago, RH1667 said:

I am also looking to see how to “ top up “ Alipay and wechat wallet.
Last time can just ask China friends to transfer and than pay them in cash. 

Now need to tie the account with a local bank card, and foreigners needs either a long term work permit or residency permit before you can open a bank account. 

i had a local bank account since 5-6 yrs ago....only need passport and a local residential address

• Praise 2

Received email from YOU TRIP today, informing me that YOU TRIP are becoming the direct issuer of YouTrip accounts. They have obtained a direct Issuer License with Mastercard® and will become the direct Stored Value Facility Holder of YouTrip.  Currently,  they (more precisely, You Technologies Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd), provide YouTrip services, in partnership with EZ-Link Pte Ltd as the licensed Mastercard Issuer, and Stored Value Facility Holder of You Trip.  With the new changes, They will take up the role of your direct Mastercard Issuer, and Stored Value Facility Holder of YouTrip from EZ-Link.

Account holders of You Trip are now required to give their consent to the changes and also to agree to the new General Term & Conditions in order to continue using their services.

Have any one here also received the similar email?

Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 2.04.10 PM.png

On 10/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, Civic2000 said:

They have posted it in the Facebook.

received their email on the upgrade, but what does that mean to the customer?  😅

11 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

received their email on the upgrade, but what does that mean to the customer?  😅

haha. you and me must be same batch. 

I dunno, I just accept [laugh]

They only raised 20+m. Becareful how much money you leave there.... If they close suddenly, can say bye bye to your cash.

Another one to try is Revolute.

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Othello said:

haha. you and me must be same batch. 

I dunno, I just accept [laugh]

yalor just accept, also duno what is the different as long as can use overseas [laugh]

4 minutes ago, Kusje said:

They only raised 20+m. Becareful how much money you leave there.... If they close suddenly, can say bye bye to your cash.

only top up the exact amount when needed [laugh]

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Kusje said:

that's the beauty isn't it. We decide how much to top up according to how much We need. I ever top up on the spot at the cashier queue. HAHA

And in any case of scam, fraud, bankruptcy, the losses will always be restricted. I have about 30 USD inside. 

If people feel song about topping up lots of money and leaving it inside , nothing anyone can do :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1