YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

Trying Revolut as I read from Seedly claiming that their rates are marginally better and Revolut allows the card to be cancelled whereas YouTrip can't.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Vratenza said:

already received my revolut card....now have both....will try  revolut out during my next trip

youtrip good for amazon purchase.

youtrip only good for online purchase that doesn't require authentication via SMS.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:28 AM, Vratenza said:

Can use alipay there.... Problem we have to solve is how to top up your alipay account so that you can use it.

Some blogger successfully managed to open a prc local bank account with his passport and a local address just to try out the top up function. This is usually out of reach for most of us unless you have a relative staying in China and can "borrow" the address. 

https://www.scmp.com/business/article/3036366/alipay-launches-international-e-wallet-giving-foreigners-access-electronic?utm_content=article&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1572955510

• Praise 1

On 10/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, Kusje said:

They only raised 20+m. Becareful how much money you leave there.... If they close suddenly, can say bye bye to your cash.

Another one to try is Revolute.

Will be separate de.

4 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Anyone used the above mentioned on trips? Better then using the bank's credit card?

The xchange rate better than Arcade...

Max only can top up till S$3K...

• Praise 3

26 minutes ago, Freeder said:

The xchange rate better than Arcade...

Max only can top up till S$3K...

The top up of cash is mainly for cash withdrawal overseas right? More keen on their credit cards for spending with better exchange rates then all the other banks.

27 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

The top up of cash is mainly for cash withdrawal overseas right? More keen on their credit cards for spending with better exchange rates then all the other banks.

The other thread has quite an extensive discussion bah.

I just used it on my aussie trip. Was only rejected at one location. I must have charged it at like 10-15 places at least.
There's also another Revolut card nowadays

It's a debit card. U top up with funds from another CC, then it will minus off lor.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

It’s actually a Debit Card...

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Freeder said:

It’s actually a Debit Card...

Oh! So I must top up cash in the youtrip account then able to use the amount when paying for items overseas ah?

39 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

The other thread has quite an extensive discussion bah.

I just used it on my aussie trip. Was only rejected at one location. I must have charged it at like 10-15 places at least.
There's also another Revolut card nowadays

It's a debit card. U top up with funds from another CC, then it will minus off lor.

When you top up with your CC into the Revolut card then might as well pay with your CC.

4 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

When you top up with your CC into the Revolut card then might as well pay with your CC.

LOL

You top up in SGD into the youtrip. 

Then u use the youtrip for the better FX rate when debiting at overseas website or overseas.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

26 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

LOL

You top up in SGD into the youtrip. 

Then u use the youtrip for the better FX rate when debiting at overseas website or overseas.

If can't use finish can transfer back to the bank account without any fees?

3 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

If can't use finish can transfer back to the bank account without any fees?

i dunno how to transfer out. Some people transfer in exact amount, but i just leave some pocket change $ in there for convenience. Since i often use it for taobao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2