YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

i used the card in JB a few time yesterday, after first use the app was log out and ask for verification vis sms, mean you need to incur overseas charge for sms! 

anyone got log out from the apps when overseas? cos you still need to log in to check and load credit.

the sms is only send you otp..... you don't incur charges for receiving sms even when overseas

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

the sms is only send you otp..... you don't incur charges for receiving sms even when overseas

i thought receiving sms in overseas will be charged?  [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Jman888 said:

incoming sms is free lar.... if not, people spam your sms when you overseas you DCS

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 12/9/2019 at 12:32 AM, Kusje said:

I'm not sure your friend is accurate just because he works in the bank. 

I always thought the exchange rate was set by either mastercard or visa. https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/get-support/convert-currency.html 

https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html

The discrepency you see in the rates could be due to:

1. Different fees of the different banks

2. Different dates that your transaction was actually posted 

3. Different exchange rates between visa, master or amex (or even unionpay). This seems quite opaque....

I am also not sure since my friend could be bulls**tting me but from my actual cross checking in the past, there are differences. This is especially so when it comes to less liquid regional currency pairs. 

The 2 websites in your post are USA based and I am not sure how it works in the States.

https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/visa-mastercard-or-amex-which-is-better-for-travel

The above may be more relevant (can't vouch for its accuracy as well but it seems to explain there are 3 components in overseas spent and issuing banks have some discretion on pricing.  

22 hours ago, Jman888 said:

incoming free, but if on cruise may have charges depending on the third party operator

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

On 12/10/2019 at 10:01 PM, Discoburg said:

So when I top up value in Youtrip account with bank's CC, it will just register like a local transaction?

yes same amount for u to subsequently use overseas then base on that exchange rate

• Praise 1

Flying off  to cina tonight after pool game, hope they win...please please 

Downloaded the Alipay  app and topped up 1000RMB through credit card. So just use phone to scan and pay there.

Hopefully will be a breeze to use.

21 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Flying off  to cina tonight after pool game, hope they win...please please 

Downloaded the Alipay  app and topped up 1000RMB through credit card. So just use phone to scan and pay there.

Hopefully will be a breeze to use.

Not everywhere has Alipay.

It’s super ez to use. It’s a matter of whether you used to PRC UI

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

anyone tried the youtrip card at malaysia petrol kiosk? my friend was told to enter pin yesterday when trying to use it. 

Nope, so far all paywave transaction in msia petrol kiosk for me.

4 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

Nope, so far all paywave transaction in msia petrol kiosk for me.

dont mind how do i activate the pump, just tap or need the staff to activate first, then tap to pay? never use credit card before at the pump itself. 

3 hours ago, Dafansu said:

dont mind how do i activate the pump, just tap or need the staff to activate first, then tap to pay? never use credit card before at the pump itself. 

Need staff to activate then pay inside the cashier.

3 hours ago, Dafansu said:

Set a PIN number for your credit card 1st.

At service station, insert your card into the reader and follow the instruction.

Without PIN number set, must go to cashier.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1