YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

20 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Your credit card gives you a rebate of 3% for overseas spent?  

icbc gives 3% on overseas spend.

http://singapore.icbc.com.cn/ICBC/海外分行/新加坡网站/en/CommercialBankBusiness/CreditCards/CreditCardProducts/ICBCGlobalTravelMasterCard/

There are some cards out there giving 4 miles per dollar spent overseas. Off the top of my head, dbs altitude and ocbc 90n. I managed to sell off some miles to friends for about 1.5c (already friendship price hor) in the past.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Enye said:

boss...there are various cards that give 8-10% on categories like dining, groceries and petrol

if not in those categories, just use youtrip lor

For overseas too?  I know some credit cards give a higher cash rebates, if got 10%, think i will sign up. 

8 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

For overseas too?  I know some credit cards give a higher cash rebates, if got 10%, think i will sign up. 

yes overseas too....rebate based on sgd amounts

just need to watch out for the monthly rebate caps and don't overspend on the limit

🤗

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Kusje said:

For cash withdrawal overseas, youtrip should be better than bank CC.

For overseas spending,  banks CC should be better. The exchange rate is worse but banks will either give miles or cashback.

To be frank the bank's cash back is nothing fancy. All usually capped at a certain value like $50 back max.

2 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

To be frank the bank's cash back is nothing fancy. All usually capped at a certain value like $50 back max.

To be frank, I think you did not click the link I posted. 

Nor did you check on ocbc 90n and dbs altitude.

• Shocked 1

On 12/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, Acemundo said:

via their mobile app......to be frank, it is quite one-stop shop...

the only thing i don't like is that it still requires me to monitor the monies.  they could be frequently revising the actual S$ for the forex transactions without informing us.. for example, there was one transaction for my KL hotel, where the amount changed after 1 or 2 weeks when i paid for the hotel bill...i saw the change and asked.  then they give me some cock and bull story about the forex rate not fixed at time of charging and only finalised much later and that's why they adjust the amount.  but really, should they be quietly adjusting a line transaction transacted 2 weeks back?  if not for me being eagle eyed, i wouldn't have known.  i dare say, many other youtrip users also won't notice this surreptiously effected adjustments.

and also for the double charge for my taiwan purchase in 2018, the customer support also caught by surprise and i believe only work on the refund after i inform them of the double charge.  the cs handling me for the 2019 double charge, tried to play it down as merchant error and i wouldn't have lost any monies  even if i didn't flag it out.

i gently reminded her that her colleague handling me in 2018 was caught by surprise of the double charge and only worked on the refund after i highlighted.  

I encountered the same problem on Sunday at Kaohsiung Int Airport. Bought a bottle of whisky for TWD3,000. I chose to pay in TWD. The DFS converted my SGD to USD then to TWD. Thought that was the end of it. When I reached Singapore, there was another charge. This time from AUD to SGD to TWD. Surfaced the issue to Youtrip and they are currently monitoring.

F1CDF09C-4C27-4070-80C5-AA9FA5559557.png

• Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Kusje said:

To be frank, I think you did not click the link I posted. 

Nor did you check on ocbc 90n and dbs altitude.

To be frank, your reply to me got no link.

Thats why I didn't click on the link

4 hours ago, Kusje said:

http://singapore.icbc.com.cn/ICBC/海外分行/新加坡网站/en/CommercialBankBusiness/CreditCards/CreditCardProducts/ICBCGlobalTravelMasterCard/

There are some cards out there giving 4 miles per dollar spent overseas. Off the top of my head, dbs altitude and ocbc 90n. I managed to sell off some miles to friends for about 1.5c (already friendship price hor) in the past.

@Discoburg

5 hours ago, Kusje said:

3% could hardly cover the spread plus fees in the cc

esp when topping up youtrip is also entitled to unlimited local cash back rebates

😬😅

18 minutes ago, Enye said:

3% could hardly cover the spread plus fees in the cc

esp when topping up youtrip is also entitled to unlimited local cash back rebates

😬😅

youtrip should be excluded as it is a topup of prepaid account. I only mentioned 3% cashback as voodooman asked about 3% cashback.

the other 2 cards mentioned would give higher value.

16 minutes ago, Kusje said:

youtrip should be excluded as it is a topup of prepaid account. I only mentioned 3% cashback as voodooman asked about 3% cashback.

the other 2 cards mentioned would give higher value.

my cc gives 1.5% on youtrip top ups leh

😜

4 minutes ago, Enye said:

😜

which one? pm leh.

but i guess might be cut anytime. money changer spread+youtrip might be less than that for myr conversion. Is it possible to top up, get 1.5% then youtrip withdraw and then go money changer change back sgd?

5 hours ago, Kusje said:

That is pretty attractive, close to interchange rate and you get miles?  

Have you check their exchange rates? 

41 minutes ago, Enye said:

😜

Share share leh.  Most credit cards with cash rebates won't allow youtrip top up.

9 hours ago, Kusje said:

which one? pm leh.

but i guess might be cut anytime. money changer spread+youtrip might be less than that for myr conversion. Is it possible to top up, get 1.5% then youtrip withdraw and then go money changer change back sgd?

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Share share leh.  Most credit cards with cash rebates won't allow youtrip top up.

scb unlimited.... so far still can

hopefully they don’t cut this anytime soon

😬

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Enye said:

scb unlimited.... so far still can

hopefully they don’t cut this anytime soon

😬

i use scb unlimited to top up. But it's more for convenience. Didn't notice if they can claim rebate. It's my main card.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1