YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

yeah no commission fee, how to survive.

This is what they said:

"How Do We make Money?

Whenever you spend with your YouTrip card, we take a small commission of each purchase from the merchant through Mastercard as our revenue. We do not take any commission or mark-up from our user when you make a purchase with the YouTrip card nor when you are changing currencies at wholesale exchange rate in the YouTrip app."

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

So what happens to the money in this wallet if the company closes down?

Gone lor ... users forever the risk taker.

Just make sure dun put significant amount.

This is what they said:

"How Do We make Money?

Whenever you spend with your YouTrip card, we take a small commission of each purchase from the merchant through Mastercard as our revenue. We do not take any commission or mark-up from our user when you make a purchase with the YouTrip card nor when you are changing currencies at wholesale exchange rate in the YouTrip app."

What is MasterCards incentive?
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Gone lor ... users forever the risk taker.

Just make sure dun put significant amount.

Don't sound secure to me... 

Hypersonic

Don't sound secure to me... 

Not so bad lah... it's a collaboration between a few companies including Ez link, which is established by LTA and regulated by MAS, so that is at least some comfort that it is backed by the govt.

• Praise 1

Many has been cheated by new car scam for decades and garment till now did nothing to protect consumers.

If it's not their money being cheated, they care less. At most just ask a watchdog to watch and bark.

Better to ensure own money by own Self.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1

Many has been cheated by new car scam for decades and garment till now did nothing to protect consumers.

If it's not their money being cheated, they care less. At most just ask a watchdog to watch and bark.

Better to ensure own money by own Self.

so true....i will forego this kind of convenience....i dont even feel secure using paywave or whatsoever....even using ebanking or cc cc facilities on the internet i think twice...
  • Praise 1

Still sticking to cash. [laugh] Cash is King! 

Why must I pay fees, charges and suffer inflexibility and commercial risk of service providers?

And why on this little island, need some many types of cash cards, cashless payment apps...? I prefer only one mode from gobberment MAS without fees, charges, commissions....

Why must I pay fees, charges and suffer inflexibility and commercial risk of service providers?

And why on this little island, need some many types of cash cards, cashless payment apps...? I prefer only one mode from gobberment MAS without fees, charges, commissions....

this one for overseas lah.

Cash is King, I agree. But can you take MRT with Cash? And try taking bus with cash, and You pay more!!!

The main idea about this new service is to minimize the middle man fees related to forex and reduce the need of carrying excess foreign cash when travelling overseas.

Turbocharged

So what happens to the money in this wallet if the company closes down?

the co refers to you.co?

i am not sure if your money in the wallet will disappear if you.co folds. I have this impression that you.co supplies the technology platform with Mastercard coming in as a middleman with established FX transaction processes etc. Ezlink is the card/app issuer and the Mastercard acts as a money storage. 

one thing not answered in the FAQ is whether I can change unused USD (leftover from my trip) back into SGD.

actually if you use alipay enough... you will know it work in a similar way... and it started out in a similarly... using to pay for stuff...

alipay has alot of sub functions to earn money... eg: free transfer of money to china bank at xxx amount... after that 0.01% comm...

they also have funds investment... weekly, monthly, yearly, etc

tie up with 飞猪 for hotel bookings etc

i think that may be the same goal of Youtrip

Turbocharged

actually if you use alipay enough... you will know it work in a similar way... and it started out in a similarly... using to pay for stuff...

alipay has alot of sub functions to earn money... eg: free transfer of money to china bank at xxx amount... after that 0.01% comm...

they also have funds investment... weekly, monthly, yearly, etc

tie up with 飞猪 for hotel bookings etc

i think that may be the same goal of Youtrip

Many shops in Singapore, malaysia and thailand, can use Alipay.

China really moving ahead very fast with this payment technology.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1