YouTrip Mobile wallet

Jman888

11 hours ago, Dafansu said:

anyone tried the youtrip card at malaysia petrol kiosk? my friend was told to enter pin yesterday when trying to use it. 

Tried.

Didn't work at Shell. Wrote to youtrip a while back. Extract of reply. Just sharing, might work now or at other retailers. So I was still paying 2.97 instead of 3.05 during my last KL trip.

the petrol kiosk machine does not support Prepaid Debit card(YouTrip card) and only accept Nets cards and credit/debit card. 

Therefore we may suggest if you could make the payment at the counter using the YouTripcard.

Unquote

Edited by Voodooman

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

If must go cashier, might as well pay cash

if go cashier i pay cash already, no need card. Prefer to activate the pump myself hit and go rather than waste time going here and there or looking for the attendant to activate the pump. 

youtrip master card has very low acceptance level from merchant shops in china......last year i thought it was unusual outage.  this year i tried again and it failed at all merchant terminals.......only transaction that succeeded getting charged on the youtrip card was the cash withdrawal at BOC ATM machine and a solitary ride on Didi ride hailing app which i believed charged online via hong kong rather than china.

lesson learnt.

• Praise 3

16 minutes ago, Acemundo said:

youtrip master card has very low acceptance level from merchant shops in china......last year i thought it was unusual outage.  this year i tried again and it failed at all merchant terminals.......only transaction that succeeded getting charged on the youtrip card was the cash withdrawal at BOC ATM machine and a solitary ride on Didi ride hailing app which i believed charged online via hong kong rather than china.

lesson learnt.

did you try with another MC or visa?

12 minutes ago, Kusje said:

did you try with another MC or visa?

i did with maybank visa and it went through smoothly.....i doubt it is an issue with mastercard, my wife used her mastercard for another purchase as well.......

my guess is that most of the credit card terminals in china may have tighter controls and  specified names of banks as card issuer.......but youtrip is not a bank that's why it is not recognised.

but to be fair, i managed to charged my hotel bills in shanghai in oct 19 using youtrip card.  my guess is smaller merchant or those in minor cities may be using a watered down version of the credit card scanner.......because the hotel bill i paid for is from renowned hotelier group Holiday Inn in shanghai.......if it is not due to this reason, then it must be that month of dec is the issue......since for both years my youtrip card rejected many times, it was charged in dec.

even when i called up youtrip after those failed sessons, they insist there is no problem with their card being accepted in china.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Acemundo said:

i did with maybank visa and it went through smoothly.....i doubt it is an issue with mastercard, my wife used her mastercard for another purchase as well.......

my guess is that most of the credit card terminals in china may have tighter controls and  specified names of banks as card issuer.......but youtrip is not a bank that's why it is not recognised.

but to be fair, i managed to charged my hotel bills in shanghai in oct 19 using youtrip card.  my guess is smaller merchant or those in minor cities may be using a watered down version of the credit card scanner.......because the hotel bill i paid for is from renowned hotelier group Holiday Inn in shanghai.......if it is not due to this reason, then it must be that month of dec is the issue......since for both years my youtrip card rejected many times, it was charged in dec.

even when i called up youtrip after those failed sessons, they insist there is no problem with their card being accepted in china.

come to think of it, the youtrip failed transactions for dec 2018 included payments to novotel shanghai........so i am more inclined to think it is not a case of youtrip card being accepted only in major china city with big name merchant.

don't tell me, there are always problem using it in Dec month of every year? 

try withdraw cash from their ATM in Okinawa, was charged 220JPY for 20,000JPY withdrawn on top of the S$5, effective bank charge is 3.11%. Quite high if withdraw small amount.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:34 AM, Discoburg said:

Youtrip is a very bad card. With such good rates, made me spent so much😩

The differential in the USD/ SGD exchange rates between my SG bank issued cards and Youtrip card was a whoopping 440 pips on a recent trip, after factoring in my cash rebates of 1-2% on the bank cards, Youtrip still wins hands down.  

2.5% interchange rate for Visa/ MasterCard?  My foot.  

• Praise 4

Hey everyone. It’s a busy day, but do give this post a chance.

Today on my way home from work, I felt absolutely bloated - from stomach flu or indigestion, whatever. After 1 stop, I really needed to puke so I got off Bayfront MRT. I thought I could hold it but the moment I was the the platform, I just vomited all over. Mucus was dripping off my nose, I see puke all over my hands, my phone, my shoes, my jeans, and the floor.

I was just standing there and I thought.. shit, this is absolutely embarrassing.

But, an extremely kind soul walked up to me and passed his wet wipes/tissues and asked me if I was okay. I took the tissue and gave him a nod. I quickly blew my nose, wiped my phone, wiped my shoes. The kind man had already gone when I was done, probably saw how stressed and embarrassed I was.

But I never got to thank this man. I’m just so thankful for his initiative to help in such a simple way. So people of Reddit Singapore, I know how powerful you are - some of you might have even been there at Bayfront MRT. Do pass this story on and if we find him, tell him to find my username on Reddit. I would like to repay this man’s kindness. Maybe to a meal or some coffee. But if we don’t find him, I want this to be an encouragement to all of us. Share your tissue lol. Pass the kindness on.

• Dislike 2

On 1/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, davidbrok3 said:

Hey everyone. It’s a busy day, but do give this post a chance.

Today on my way home from work, I felt absolutely bloated - from stomach flu or indigestion, whatever. After 1 stop, I really needed to puke so I got off Bayfront MRT. I thought I could hold it but the moment I was the the platform, I just vomited all over. Mucus was dripping off my nose, I see puke all over my hands, my phone, my shoes, my jeans, and the floor.

I was just standing there and I thought.. shit, this is absolutely embarrassing.

But, an extremely kind soul walked up to me and passed his wet wipes/tissues and asked me if I was okay. I took the tissue and gave him a nod. I quickly blew my nose, wiped my phone, wiped my shoes. The kind man had already gone when I was done, probably saw how stressed and embarrassed I was. 50 euros to dollars

But I never got to thank this man. I’m just so thankful for his initiative to help in such a simple way. So people of Reddit Singapore, I know how powerful you are - some of you might have even been there at Bayfront MRT. Do pass this story on and if we find him, tell him to find my username on Reddit. I would like to repay this man’s kindness. Maybe to a meal or some coffee. But if we don’t find him, I want this to be an encouragement to all of us. Share your tissue lol. Pass the kindness on.

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

• Dislike 1

Can't get my youtrip card (after my old car expired) to get recognised/transact inside Taobao.

EDIT: OK it's finally working after trying multiple times this morning.

Edited by Lala81