Why conti cars use dial instead of lever for seat

Kensh09

Haha these are low end conti that still use dials.

I consider them worse than Japanese or Korean cars.

Proper contis use buttons since a very long time ago.

My previous 2003 low end Korean car also use knobs.lol....

↡ Advertisement

errrr...that does not answer the qns why those "low end conti" uses dial instead of lever like "low end Japanese" cars.

Turbocharged

maybe because most contis have electronic as standard but come here electronics become luxury. so when u remove the rotor u have the knob.

Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 1

Mini also use lever rather than dials.

• Praise 1

Probably safer to adjust using dials when driving.  The Japanese type if not careful can suddenly lean all the way back and both hands would be off the steering wheel.  Won't happen with dials.

• Praise 4

Probably safer to adjust using dials when driving.  The Japanese type if not careful can suddenly lean all the way back and both hands would be off the steering wheel.  Won't happen with dials.

Nobody should adjust their Seat while Driving..Seat Adjustment must be done,before moving out.

Nobody should adjust their Seat while Driving..Seat Adjustment must be done,before moving out.

Nobody should be speeding too!  [:p]

I think as a designer/engineer it is necessary to take all into consideration.

Likewise for the accelerator.. BM, Mercs pedal are anchor on the floor compare to others. This will prevent or minimize the chance of floor mat being stuck to the accelerator 

• Praise 4

He is not talking about Electric Seats lah.......He is asking Manual Adjusting,why Conti,,used Turn type,not like Japanese used Level type of adjustment.

This should be very old Conti Cars...almost all Modern ones,should be Electric Seats...

My colleague arona collect on national day is lever also.

He is not talking about Electric Seats lah.......He is asking Manual Adjusting,why Conti,,used Turn type,not like Japanese used Level type of adjustment.

This should be very old Conti Cars...almost all Modern ones,should be Electric Seats...

Nope. New conti cars still selling in showroom such as VW Touran also uses dial, not electric.

Not for entry level contis, they still use dial.