Reckless Cyclist

Brock

8 hours ago, Beregond said:

cyclist ko cyclist , sad case here old  couple kenna .

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/5-bikes-racing-towards-us-couple-left-stitches-and-bruises-after-run-cyclists-east-coast?fbclid=IwAR3SqVpIfg2RgtS8Nem58bPlSxjpPugUHPQFLdMEe4LJBTk234a4TJRTYSU

5 bikes racing towards us': Couple left with stitches and bruises after run-in with cyclists at East Coast Park

I had quite a bad fall when I was cycling around 20km/h about 26 or 27 years ago... 

Was on mountain bike, on dedicate cycling path....towards Fort Road 

Then a pedestrian strayed onto the path (we all facing same direction) I was coming up from behind and suddenly he took another step right and swung his right arm out to point towards Mac Donald.... 

Hit my left elbow.... So basically I "turn left" with the handle bar and flip twice on the ground..... 

My point is.... 

If any sudden change of direction or motion...... 

People from behind have little to no reaction time..... 

Everyone has a part to play. 

Edited by Atonchia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 11/11/2020 at 1:53 PM, Volvobrick said:

I find it very therapeutic to watch the cyclist slowly falling down. Is it just me? 

Didn't roll to the kerb Neymar style?

On 9/2/2020 at 3:06 PM, Volvobrick said:

Already said - want to go on the road? Make sure the bike is registered with plate. You want to cycle a kids' bike with 12 inch wheels in the road? Then register it. Any bike on the road without a plate would be illegal, the rider fined amd bike confiscated. Very simple enforcement. Like now any ebike without plate is illegal. Any ebike (with or without plate) on pavements is illegal. 

Why bike plates were did away with in the 90's and now there are advocates who want them back? Cos there were no leotards idiots in the 90's!

To use any public road, a bicycle should be registered n insured just like any other vehicle on the road. Why double standards? If don't agree, go cycle in PCN

• Praise 4

46 minutes ago, Soya said:

To use any public road, a bicycle should be registered n insured just like any other vehicle on the road. Why double standards? If don't agree, go cycle in PCN

Actually, bicycle using PCN should be insured and registered more than those use on the road.

These bicycle poses a bigger danger to pedestrian especially there is NO enforcement of speed limit (25km/h) in PCN.

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Soya said:

Dont liddat leh...why push the menace to where it's oredi a crowded space...I siam people here siam bikers there until very chuan each time I cycle at PCN...no time to enjoy the sight of xmm in tank top jogging...😁

• Haha! 5

6 hours ago, Soya said:

Just make it a law that any bicycle bigger than 16 inch wheels or heavier than 5kg needs to be registered. Rider who wish to ride such bicycle would need to pass a bicycle theory test by an approved test centre appointed by LTA.

P.S I copy the same requirements for drones.:D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Just make it a law that any bicycle bigger than 16 inch wheels or heavier than 5kg needs to be registered. Rider who wish to ride such bicycle would need to pass a bicycle theory test by an approved test centre appointed by LTA.

Liddat more people likely to take up driving...hong chia lite becums kah chia lite 😅

• Praise 2

37 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

No patient to watch. What's the fuss sia.... 

Press 1 for self entitlement case

Press 2 for petty case

Press 0 to transfer call to IMH 

😁

• Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Press 1 for self entitlement case

Press 2 for petty case

Press 0 to transfer call to IMH 

😁

that officer still got patience to slowly explain. 😡

• Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Beregond said:

that officer still got patience to slowly explain. 😡

We should celebrate there're still people with patience and professionalism around. 

Argue for the sake of argue got maserati meh? Datsun asked😁

• Haha! 1

On 11/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, Adrianli said:

Many foldies, like Brompton, are smaller than 16"!

↡ Advertisement