Reckless Cyclist

Brock

53 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

PCN has a speed limit of 25km/h.

Even riding at speed limit would also end up like this if both parties don't pay attention.

East Coast Park is famous for pedestrian for encroaching on cycling path and vice versa.

a place for casual riding but not for road bike for sure. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

agreed. For me I use the service road like i did this morning at 5.30am

• Praise 4

50 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Could be inexperience. That brand is rarely seen among regular road riders.... usually used by pcn riders, road beginners or once a year riders.

I think also not paying attention on the road.. 

This stretch has no lane marking or concrete at side. 

Usually the metal grating will be along the concrete edge. 

This road is definitely minor lane and single carriage way. 

And he assume riding on tarmac is safe. 

A lot of roads leading to private estates also just tarmac to the edge of kerb. 

Edited by Atonchia

1 minute ago, Ody_2004 said:

agreed. For me I use the service road like i did this morning at 5.30am

I also use Service Road. 

Unfortunately, the road btw CP F1 and F3, as well as Fort Road and Car Park B1, is a 1-way street.

Need to use PCN.

37 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

why cannot??

its similar. i buy lambo i buy gtr mean i can wack 200 on PIE meh? cannot ma. i still follow basic traffic law.

i want push my lambo to limit i go to designated area or track

Turbocharged

just now my aunt was nearly knocked down by a speeding cyclist near the hawker centre (those open spaces along the HDB shophouses)

it was a matter of 2-3 seconds only

tbh if the accident happens, i won't hesitate to punch the hell of that young chap knn

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

why cannot??

its similar. i buy lambo i buy gtr mean i can wack 200 on PIE meh? cannot ma. i still follow basic traffic law.

Can, but riding a road bike there , one will encounter learners, parents  and kids and all sorts  of other people, one end up have to continually slow down, avoid slow bikes, cyclists coming from opposite direction, how to enjoy riding a road bike at a desire speed without endangering ownself and others ?  Worth the risk ? Fun to ride there ? I dont think  so. But of course if one chooses to take his road bike for a casual cycling there, nothing wrong. 

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Beregond said:

why cannot??

Hmm ...... heard about of the words “ Sunday Drivers” ...... that’s the situation there come weekends 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

cycle over the metal grating confirm is crazy la...

i am just saying watch where u cycle.

avoid obstacle and danger like metal grating and parked vehicle, and after overtaking continue to be a good road user and a person with good civic conscious and follow the law and carry on cycling and keeping left.

its like when we driving,  got car breakdown or some good fallen of lorry onto the road, we need to keep a look out and avoid right??, we drive with our eyes on the road, similarly cycle with your eyes on the road also, if u are cycling to work or some meaningful purpose.

if u are purely cycling for leisure purpose, i advice to keep off public road, go to designated cycling lane to have your fun there. the public road is not some where to have fun, 

but of course if u insists , it perfectly all right as the law allow u to do so.

its like some 1  farting in a lift full of ppl, no law disallow it, but i would say that guy got extremely low civil  conscious.

Based this logic, voodooman must be driving without looking on the road

33 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Fun to ride there ?

this is what i am alway saying .'where is the fun? 

is it ok to have fun of any kind on a public road ?? personally i dun think so.  this including driving or playing hockey etc for fun on the public road also.

but of course as every 1 is saying its not against the law. so if u drive for fun or cycle for fun on the road, follow traffic law, dun hog, dun obstruct traffic, dun cause jam, dun make vehicle produce extra smoke to over take u etc etc.

its alway about civic conscious .

is it ok to fart in a lift full of ppl? is it ok to stand on the right side of the elevator?? its totally not against the law, but then again. ....

1 hour ago, Scion said:

just now my aunt was nearly knocked down by a speeding cyclist near the hawker centre (those open spaces along the HDB shophouses)

it was a matter of 2-3 seconds only

tbh if the accident happens, i won't hesitate to punch the hell of that young chap knn

I advocate always carry a long pointy umbrella - aggressive cyclists coming towards u, open it and point at them. 

If they hit your aunt, you can quickly shove it into the wheel....😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I advocate always carry a long pointy umbrella - aggressive cyclists coming towards u, open it and point at them. 

If they hit your aunt, you can quickly shove it into the wheel....😅

Or a tree branch between the spokes of the front wheel. 🤣

Don’t waste the umbrella.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Karoon said:

How does the poster know the litter is from cyclists? Its been very windy and the lamp post is next to construction area. 

He probably saw a lot of discarded packaging from used power gels. Who else except from the cyclists at this particular location? 

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, inlinesix said:

PCN has a speed limit of 25km/h.

Even riding at speed limit would also end up like this if both parties don't pay attention.

East Coast Park is famous for pedestrian for encroaching on cycling path and vice versa.

ECP on Sunday mornings is a powder keg waiting for accidents to happen. 

Parents who ignore and let their kids run around the cycling/jogging track, throw in the joggers, brisk walkers, children on learners bikes, slower cyclists on MTBs/foldies, roller bladers, rental bikes etc all at the same time and one cannot be surprised accidents won't happen. 

If you're a road cyclist coming from TMCR towards Fort Road, got to be real careful and slow along that PCN stretch where it's a one way before you can go out and use the service road. Unless it's very early like before 6am before the rest of the world woke up. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

at last they done something right, hope they can enforce in properly

next is to push for number plates registration so that there will be accountability for all road users

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/brakes-be-made-mandatory-all-bicycles-using-public-paths-roads-mot?fbclid=IwAR0ZEeW-eUfoMRDtZuBZ3cVe_8IATBto117vQTmTTrIE2rdeoQxYhZhFm3Q#.YA5toKs5RgU.facebook

All bicycles used on public paths and roads must have brakes installed, the Ministry of Transport (MOT) said on Monday (Jan 25), as it accepted recommendations from the Active Mobility Advisory Panel. 

Last month, the panel, which looks into rules governing the use of bicycles, personal mobility devices and other equipment, recommended mandating brakes for all bicycles used on public paths and roads. 

The pedals on a fixed-gear bicycle are directly coupled with the wheels, allowing cyclists to slow or stop the device by resisting the motion of the pedals with their legs. Some cyclists choose to ride these bicycles without handbrakes.As for off-road BMX (bicycle motocross) bikes used for cycling sports, such as racing and stunt riding, the panel said that they may continue to be used without brakes in controlled environments, including pump tracks and skate parks. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

at last they done something right, hope they can enforce in properly

next is to push for number plates registration so that there will be accountability for all road users

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/brakes-be-made-mandatory-all-bicycles-using-public-paths-roads-mot?fbclid=IwAR0ZEeW-eUfoMRDtZuBZ3cVe_8IATBto117vQTmTTrIE2rdeoQxYhZhFm3Q#.YA5toKs5RgU.facebook

All bicycles used on public paths and roads must have brakes installed, the Ministry of Transport (MOT) said on Monday (Jan 25), as it accepted recommendations from the Active Mobility Advisory Panel. 

Last month, the panel, which looks into rules governing the use of bicycles, personal mobility devices and other equipment, recommended mandating brakes for all bicycles used on public paths and roads. 

The pedals on a fixed-gear bicycle are directly coupled with the wheels, allowing cyclists to slow or stop the device by resisting the motion of the pedals with their legs. Some cyclists choose to ride these bicycles without handbrakes.As for off-road BMX (bicycle motocross) bikes used for cycling sports, such as racing and stunt riding, the panel said that they may continue to be used without brakes in controlled environments, including pump tracks and skate parks. 

Yes positive step forward but still  late as it wasted a young girl life according to the report. 

🥱.... 

Strictly and effectively enforce current laws first. Put a few of the culprits riding illegal PMDs and reckless cyclists in jail.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4