Reckless Cyclist

Brock

3 cyclists caught on video cycling on the expressway the very next morning after Senior Minister of State for Transport Chee Hong Tat announced an advisory panel will conduct a review of the rules to see how safety can be improved for both cyclists and motorists

🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Every single drivers that drove past these a**holes should honk at them, just to irritate the hell out of them.

• Haha! 2

i suspect zaobao is pwning these reckless cyclists as some of the excuses given are really faceplam LOL

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic

Simi theory test??

Cut the crap n take serious enforcement lah

3 strikes and revoke the white trash work permits n see if they still so yaya papaya threaten locals w their boorish leotard behaviour

U can't eradicate cockroaches by talking to them

• Praise 6

4 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

some of the excuses given are really faceplam LOL

As I said many times, a license should be implemented for all cyclist (including children below 12).

All users have to know their duty of care towards pedestrians.

• Praise 3

I dont think they will do much to the cyclist. How much can the authorities get for monitoring/enforcing them?

They will say they need manpower and resources to enforce whatever rules the public wants for the cyclist.

They will end up talking about how much it cost. It is a money collecting agency that lta. It is not there to help the public.

See the irony of the so called "carlite" they have talked so much about. More cyclist or other mobility device will replace the cars they like to tax so much on. Their idea only leads up to another issue such as governing bicycles and mobility devices. It is their job to do something about it since they wanted the change. They should not get the public involved since this "carlite" BS is not the public's idea.

Edited by Watwheels

Frankly, all the videos showing them riding recklessly on the roads now are useless because there’s no way to identify them. 

The only identifiable one is a fallen or dead one isn’t it? 😅

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Frankly, all the videos showing them riding recklessly on the roads now are useless because there’s no way to identify them. 

The only identifiable one is a fallen or dead one isn’t it? 😅

Ok la 1 step at a time.

Get them to register first. Like that if caught  breaking the rules  . They can have  no excuse.

Slowly make them go take test like those ebike. 

Then make them put on number plate also.

Its slow. But can see some progress.  

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Simi theory test??

Cut the crap n take serious enforcement lah

3 strikes and revoke the white trash work permits n see if they still so yaya papaya threaten locals w their boorish leotard behaviour

U can't eradicate cockroaches by talking to them

Why 3 strikes? Just 1 strike and out the trash goes. So all will fall in line, like those who broke covid restrictions. Now all guai guai put on masks etc cos they know the WP/EP at stake. 

And educating cyclists is like training your dog. If after lots of efforts still cannot be trained, then chain it or get rid of it. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

13 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Panel to review rules on cycling on the road, registration of bicycles to be studied: Chee Hong Tat

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/cycling-on-the-road-registration-bicycles-licensing-panel-review-14607690

How cum someone sappok Tay PH now millionstars' response so fast? MCF KPKB for years nothing happened. 

Sounds like another half past 6 plan.

it is obvious that we cant control those retards on 2 wheels. Whatever training or test will have no impact on their behaviour on the the road. The most efficient way is impose accountability and traceability; like what drivers are imposed on. But bicycles are not regulated. If regulations were to come in, a whole lot of resources will be needed to do that. i think it will be good to provide designated routes for these bicyclist. these routes must have bicycle lanes (not on PCN) and anyone caught outside these routes will be penalized. At least this way we can control their location and not appearing anywhere they like.

Supersonic
35 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Why 3 strikes? Just 1 strike and out the trash goes. So all will fall in line, like those who broke covid restrictions. Now all guai guai put on masks etc cos they know the WP/EP at stake. 

And educating cyclists is like training your dog. If after lots of efforts still cannot be trained, then chain it or get rid of it. 

Lol.....liddat Sembwaste business beri busy liao 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

I dont think they will do much to the cyclist. How much can the authorities get for monitoring/enforcing them?

They will say they need manpower and resources to enforce whatever rules the public wants for the cyclist.

They will end up talking about how much it cost. It is a money collecting agency that lta. It is not there to help the public.

See the irony of the so called "carlite" they have talked so much about. More cyclist or other mobility device will replace the cars they like to tax so much on. Their idea only leads up to another issue such as governing bicycles and mobility devices. It is their job to do something about it since they wanted the change. They should not get the public involved since this "carlite" BS is not the public's idea.

i will say this on behalf of @inlinesix

smart nation. Install cameras, use AI, analytics, machine learning and all that tech mambo jambo. sit inside operating centre and let the software trigger alerts. Just press button hosay liao.

Then mete out (more severe) punishment jiu keyi le.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

I already wrote in this forum until sianz liao, and most drivers will still want to see the whole lot of cyclists regulated. I don't blame them, as COVID did brought about an explosion of cycling as hobby. So all sorts of cyclists are coming out on the roads, experienced or not. 

Before any legislation to target the whole lot just because of a small group of black sheeps, LTA, TP and CISCO please just spare the effort and mount sting operations every weekend. No enforcement done, do simi licensing, insurance, number plates on bicycles the black sheeps still won't learn. End up is the majority of the law abiding ones all kanna. 

LTA, TP and CISCO, just try Upper Thomson, Mandai Rd, Kranji Rd, Lim Chu Kang, Tanah Merah Coastal Road, Loyang, West Coast Rd, Bukit Timah Rd. Can catch cycling infractions every weekend until the authorities sianz. It's this particular group which is giving everyone else the trouble, just focus on them and clamp down hard first, before thinking about money collecting legislations. 

It isn't that different from catching illegal racing, so it's a question of resolve.  

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 5

On 4/12/2021 at 8:13 PM, Lethalstrike said:

Nothing wrong, the law allowed for cyclists to be up on West coast viaduct. Perhaps what is wrong is that he is inconsiderate to use it on a weekday during rush hours, as he will be holding up traffic. 

I'm not an advocate of cyclists going up on viaducts, due to the speed differences vs moving traffic when they are climbing up, and it puts the cyclists at a hazardous situation as they try to filter left to merge with the moving traffic after coming down from the viaducts. 

I am not a big fan of cyclists going on the road during peak hour too but if he is not wrong, he is not wrong. We need to be fair to them too. 

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, inlinesix said:

As I said many times, a license should be implemented for all cyclist (including children below 12).

All users have to know their duty of care towards pedestrians.

that guy got interview said simi a few black sheep. the problem is we are seeing more and more black sheep, not just a few.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I am not a big fan of cyclists going on the road during peak hour too but if he is not wrong, he is not wrong. We need to be fair to them too. 

It becomes a question of whether the cyclist is bringing inconvenience to other road users and possibly, jeopardising his own safety during peak hours. 

It's just like traffic approaching junctions with discretionary right turns, one can insist he has the right of way and don't slow down loh. End up head on with bobo right turning traffic. Not wrong mah, traffic turning right should always give way...

If everyone insists on right of way and they are on the right side of the law while ignoring common sense, it's going to worsen the sense of entitlement that's so prevalent on the roads now. 

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

It becomes a question of whether the cyclist is bringing inconvenience to other road users and possibly, jeopardising his own safety during peak hours. 

It's just like traffic approaching junctions with discretionary right turns, one can insist he has the right of way and don't slow down loh. End up head on with bobo right turning traffic. Not wrong mah, traffic turning right should always give way...

If everyone insists on right of way and they are on the right side of the law while ignoring common sense, it's going to worsen the sense of entitlement that's so prevalent on the roads now. 

i cant agree with you more, at times we drivers could get rear ended by others because we have to slow down or give wat to cyclists.  It is why I said I am not a big fan of them too. but we have no other choice but to coexist with cyclists, we can only hope that cyclists could be considerate and learn to understand the risk , inconvenience they are creating to themselves and other road users. hope....

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

i cant agree with you more, at times we drivers could get rear ended by others because we have to slow down or give wat to cyclists.  It is why I said I am not a big fan of them too. but we have no other choice but to coexist with cyclists, we can only hope that cyclists could be considerate and learn to understand the risk , inconvenience they are creating to themselves and other road users. hope....

That's a tall order. Just like hoping all drivers here to be considerate. 

Only the heavy hands of the law will be effective in controlling them. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1