Reckless Cyclist

Brock

35 minutes ago, Soya said:

Saw the 'aftermath' of some form of collision between a amdk leotard n a BMW along Holland Rd this morning 

The car won......

ahbeerden...[laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

What time? Which part of Holland Rd?

8+ near Pandan Valley 

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, inlinesix said:

This post a day after the announcement

06E3D940-449E-4B56-B336-9062B004F4AB.thumb.jpeg.83045e1d6a41a7c253b03cb06b26f868.jpeg

Any change will make all these infra white elephants.

i think the critical word here is the "cycling path" - are these new path created next to pedestrian walkway or is the roads being demarcated out and shared with motorist?

2 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

i think the critical word here is the "cycling path" - are these new path created next to pedestrian walkway or is the roads being demarcated out and shared with motorist?

That’s for you to find out.

My smart Alec guess is PCN (shared path) next to pedestrian walkway.

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

ahbeerden...[laugh]

I don't get why these leotards need to endanger their own lives by die die need to cycle during peak traffic hours filled w impatient drivers rushing to work or skool and breathing in all the fresh smog

Liddat oso shiok meh?

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

That’s for you to find out.

My smart Alec guess is PCN (shared path) next to pedestrian walkway.

[laugh]...my smart alec tells me partly PCN and partly roads to be shared by motorist......[laugh]

22 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

[laugh]...my smart alec tells me partly PCN and partly roads to be shared by motorist......[laugh]

PCN along Yishun Ave 2 is underneath MRT Track.

I used it a number of times.

25 minutes ago, Soya said:

I don't get why these leotards need to endanger their own lives by die die need to cycle during peak traffic hours filled w impatient drivers rushing to work or skool and breathing in all the fresh smog

Liddat oso shiok meh?

1. On his way to work.

2. On his way home after morning ride.

This morning 7+am, I ride through Holland Road towards Orchard Road.

Reached Claymore Connect around 7:30 am.  Had post-ride coffee and left for home at 8 am.

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Saw the 'aftermath' of some form of collision between a amdk leotard n a BMW along Holland Rd this morning 

The car won......

Shiok. Must be a sight to enjoy.

• Haha! 3

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/motorists-and-cyclists-divided-on-review-of-rules-for-cycling-on-roads

Mr Saktiandi Supaat, who heads the Government Parliamentary Committee for Transport, said that instead of licensing cyclists, the focus could be to have safe cycling in the curriculum for students. The authorities could also work with bicycle workshops and retailers to help educate cyclists, he added.

Education is just one part of the equation if licensing was deemed to be not feasible, active enforcement is also very much required to complete the equation. And may I add that all those caught for infractions to also attend mandatory theory/safety lessons on the rules of the roads, in addition to heavier penalties. 

Last but not least, don't have to wait for the panel to complete their review. The authorities can already start a TP/LTA/CISCO joint operations this weekend morning to do a crackdown immediately focusing on the leotard troublemakers. It isn't that much difference from cracking down on the group of modified cars which used to race illegally around Orchard Road. 

What all responsible road users want to see are actions taken by the authorities. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Liddat oso shiok meh?

You know some people they like the "near death" experience? For these group of cyclists probably after they completed their cyclist, they will probably feel so great about "I feel SO ALIVE!"

• Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/motorists-and-cyclists-divided-on-review-of-rules-for-cycling-on-roads

Education is just one part of the equation if licensing was deemed to be not feasible, active enforcement is also very much required to complete the equation. And may I add that all those caught for infractions to also attend mandatory theory/safety lessons on the rules of the roads, in addition to heavier penalties. 

Last but not least, don't have to wait for the panel to complete their review. The authorities can already start a TP/LTA/CISCO joint operations this weekend morning to do a crackdown immediately focusing on the leotard troublemakers. It isn't that much difference from cracking down on the group of modified cars which used to race illegally around Orchard Road. 

What all responsible road users want to see are actions taken by the authorities. 

Some of the black sheep cyclists we seen here are not 3 year old kid but a full growth adult and mostly are a parent themselves. Why education is needed for them not to block and cause inconvenience to other road users while they still continue to cycle as if nothing happens is beyond my understanding. This kind of safety and consideration should be a common sense. 

I do agree that we need more authorities to discipline these group of black sheeps but we cannot have authorities round the island.

Once again, it's a first world problem, simple yet humans make it complicated.

Edited by Heartbreakid

48 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

1. On his way to work.

2. On his way home after morning ride.

This morning 7+am, I ride through Holland Road towards Orchard Road.

Reached Claymore Connect around 7:30 am.  Had post-ride coffee and left for home at 8 am.

You have to understand, when a cyclist is seen donning skin tight apparel and riding an expensive road bike on the roads nowadays, he/she is automatically a troublemaker.

Riding to work to contribute to GDP? Go F yourself because you are holding everyone up during peak hours. 

Just like last time, when you are driving a Honda EG6/EK4/9, Evo, WRX etc, you are automatically labelled as an ah beng and you are an illegal street racer. Now, you drive VW Scirocco you will be labelled the same. 

That's how humans behave, we cannot get around stereotyping and dogma. A cyclist will kpkb a driver, a driver will kpkb a cyclist. Ban cycling? Then drivers will go back to kpkb at each other 😂

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

You have to understand, when a cyclist is seen donning skin tight apparel and riding an expensive road bike on the roads nowadays, he/she is automatically a troublemaker.

Riding to work to contribute to GDP? Go F yourself because you are holding everyone up during peak hours. 

Just like last time, when you are driving a Honda EG6/EK4/9, Evo, WRX etc, you are automatically labelled as an ah beng and you are an illegal street racer. Now, you drive VW Scirocco you will be labelled the same. 

That's how humans behave, we cannot get around stereotyping and dogma. A cyclist will kpkb a driver, a driver will kpkb a cyclist. Ban cycling? Then drivers will go back to kpkb at each other 😂

This morning, I saw a lot of cars cutting through double continuous line to exit Holland Road (before Farrer Road overpass).

Maybe I should sent to TP🤭

13 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Some of the black sheep cyclists we seen here are not 3 year old kid but a full growth adult and mostly are a parent themselves. Why education is needed for them not to block and cause inconvenience to other road users while they still continue to cycle as if nothing happens is beyond my understanding. This kind of safety and consideration should be a common sense. 

I do agree that we need more authorities to discipline these group of black sheeps but we cannot have authorities round the island.

Once again, it's a first world problem, simple yet humans make it complicated.

Good answer, but not applicable to just errant cyclists. It's the same as why insured, licensed and plated drivers still want to drive like dicks causing dangers and inconveniences to others. I'm sure they are all above 18 and reasonably educated to behave. 

Crackdown operations have a deterrence effect and it serves as a major warning to the targeted trouble making group that the authorities are now sitting up and taking action. They can't be everywhere all the time, but the message has to be sent. That's most important. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Heartbreakid said:

You know some people they like the "near death" experience? For these group of cyclists probably after they completed their cyclist, they will probably feel so great about "I feel SO ALIVE!"

Yolo! Juz like the Tg pagar bmw guy? Juz doing what he loved.....

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

This morning, I saw a lot of cars cutting through double continuous line to exit Holland Road (before Farrer Road overpass).

Maybe I should sent to TP🤭

please do.  I did it last week. Need to help the country rebuild the 100Bn reserves spent.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Jellandross said:

No need think so complicatedly lah... create a Leotard Cycling Act to license and regulate the leotard retards enough already. Wear leotards cycle must have license don't want to register license don't wear leotards cycle. 

Or go after their sponsors pasted all over their stoopid jerseys and shorts

Oh wait....they're not sponsored??

Edited by Soya
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1