Reckless Cyclist

Brock

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

we going to need all the help to push this through,

may the force be with us

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/rule-road-cyclists-ride-single-file-all-times-being-studied-chee-hong-tat?fbclid=IwAR0Owk1NpzyrnII6gs4urftDgXohTVNm9s6I6eAS9-VllBGDqHgI3k57aJI

SINGAPORE — A government panel is studying whether cyclists should be required to ride in a single file at all times while on the roads, rather than two abreast, Senior Minister of State for Transport Chee Hong Tat said on Tuesday

suddenly I feel like the road is much more safer to drive. at least our dear cyclist will be more safe. thank you inadvance mr minister. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 5/10/2021 at 6:47 PM, Jellandross said:

Eeeer... Why he like to smell other men backside? 

8 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

SG road vaginates can feel free to bash all those wannabes who are reckless, road hogging or dash thru the lights. Go ahead and shame those. 

Roads.sg Facebook page is more neutral in their postings, when it comes to cyclists videos. That should be the way if the purpose is to educate all road users online. If just want to sensationalise and be biased against cyclists all the time just to gain views, then it's just a despicable Facebook page aimed at driving the divide between different groups of road users. 

We don't call vigilante for nothing right?

Usually vigilantes are a bunch that drank too much cannot get to sleep.....(quotes required😅😅😅).... Need some avenue to vent out their energy...... 

• Haha! 2

27 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mandatory-online-theory-test-for-e-scooter-and-e-bike-riders-to-cost-5-for-two-attempts-up

I cannot find another hot thread to share this. 

I suspect there will be another round of hooha that the initial stage should be free instead of $5.00.

I alway thought nominal charge is $1.00?

$5.00 is the discounted rate to promote take up rate for this test online. So after which, a normal rate will apply. 

It seems that the authorities are still unwilling to go towards a licensing regime for all things ebikes and bicycles, and I see this as a sensible thing to do at this stage for obvious reasons. If you want to push for car lite, you need to explore and do more via other avenues first before slapping a licensing framework. That needs proper enforcement and resources to regulate. 

I also find it laughable that the AMAP think making cyclists ride in a single file can actually be a good thing for motorists. Just imagine the whole single line of cyclists blocking the filter lane for cars to turn left during the lights at junctions, or the whole line of cyclists filtering to turn right in a single file. It's harder for goondu drivers to gauge and overtake safely. In fact, the whole long line of them is even more of a nuisance. 

Why nothing was mentioned that cyclists shouldn't be allowed up on viaduct? If this was proposed, I would support 100%. Because of the higher speed differences and the dangers to filter in/out of a viaduct will simply make it dangerous for any cyclist. 

• Praise 1

I just completed a school run. Along Clementi Road towards Bukit Timah encounter a small group (about 5) of leotards. Cycling leisurely, taking 3/4 of the left lane during morning rush traffic. One of them even looked like the lorry uncle case biker with the smug look on his face! Maybe it was him! Too bad I didn't have a rear cam. 

At their speed, kids would have overtaken them on the PCN. I wonder why they bothered to dress up and wake up so early to block traffic. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic
24 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I just completed a school run. Along Clementi Road towards Bukit Timah encounter a small group (about 5) of leotards. Cycling leisurely, taking 3/4 of the left lane during morning rush traffic. One of them even looked like the lorry uncle case biker with the smug look on his face! Maybe it was him! Too bad I didn't have a rear cam. 

At their speed, kids would have overtaken them on the PCN. I wonder why they bothered to dress up and wake up so early to block traffic. 

Get a rear cam too bro.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Why nothing was mentioned that cyclists shouldn't be allowed up on viaduct? If this was proposed, I would support 100%. Because of the higher speed differences and the dangers to filter in/out of a viaduct will simply make it dangerous for any cyclist. 

In my Cyclist opinion i think to have time restriction be better.. Say 10pm till 6am can ride viaduct.. outright ban will led to insufficient use of resources.. I do agreed with u on the safety aspect that's why I only ride viaduct before 6am.

As for riding single file I got mix reaction.. they need to limit the group size to allow this to work as u pointed out a big group with single file is worse than they riding 2 abreast.

I only drive expressway on weekday so din encounter such issues. When I ride weekend there's a lot of BIG groups on those favorite route like Seletar/Mandai/Changi etc.. So i guess need to use time and group size control to better utilize resources and minimize disruption to traffic flow. 

• Praise 3

43 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

So law abiding, zhun zhun keep to 5 🤭

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

$5.00 is the discounted rate to promote take up rate for this test online. So after which, a normal rate will apply. 

It seems that the authorities are still unwilling to go towards a licensing regime for all things ebikes and bicycles, and I see this as a sensible thing to do at this stage for obvious reasons. If you want to push for car lite, you need to explore and do more via other avenues first before slapping a licensing framework. That needs proper enforcement and resources to regulate. 

I also find it laughable that the AMAP think making cyclists ride in a single file can actually be a good thing for motorists. Just imagine the whole single line of cyclists blocking the filter lane for cars to turn left during the lights at junctions, or the whole line of cyclists filtering to turn right in a single file. It's harder for goondu drivers to gauge and overtake safely. In fact, the whole long line of them is even more of a nuisance. 

6 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

In my Cyclist opinion i think to have time restriction be better.. Say 10pm till 6am can ride viaduct.. outright ban will led to insufficient use of resources.. I do agreed with u on the safety aspect that's why I only ride viaduct before 6am.

As for riding single file I got mix reaction.. they need to limit the group size to allow this to work as u pointed out a big group with single file is worse than they riding 2 abreast.

I only drive expressway on weekday so din encounter such issues. When I ride weekend there's a lot of BIG groups on those favorite route like Seletar/Mandai/Changi etc.. So i guess need to use time and group size control to better utilize resources and minimize disruption to traffic flow. 

We have to see whether this rule is just for show or not.

With a group of 5 cyclist, it is 7.5m to 8m long, which is almost equivalent to the length of a 3 tonner.

Feasible or not?  Up to driver to decide.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 5/9/2021 at 8:07 PM, Fcw75 said:

This farker is a retard.

BD7B345D-499A-4EED-834D-37D4C55F2432.jpeg

Howcome this mamil on a  bike sharing mobike/sgbike?  Is this photograph staged or what?

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 5/11/2021 at 1:21 AM, Lethalstrike said:

This fella, Calvin Sim is a national athlete who won the gold medal for track cycling during the 2017 SEA games. They are doing motor pacing training as there isn't a velodrome here. So this guy, for once, isn't a Tour De France wannabe. 

SG Road Vagina, should clarify in this Facebook post then just leave it as it is just for sensationalism. Got the cheek to tag SG Cycling Federation in the same post, so obviously the admin knows he's a national cyclist doing training loops along Seletar North but choose to leave it out of context. Hey, SG Road Vagina admin, if you're reading this, go F yourself okay? 

The guy on motorbike is his coach?

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i only know those cyclist behind are breathing in the smoke directly  off the motorcycle

It is sad to see this kind of comment towards our National Athlete especially a SEA Games Gold Medalist.

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Thanks for taking the time to pen down your thoughts, and I gave it a Like as its obvious you are an actual cyclist who rode on our roads. Your real opinions are sorely needed in a motorist dominated forum like this. Ok, let's get back to this never ending topic...😁

Firstly, your suggestion on the usage of viaducts only on specific timings is feasible. But, in my personal opinion and my own observations of the road cyclists as I drove on the weekends, I would still think cyclists should not be up there. 10pm to 6am is non-peak hours, but that does not guarantee it will be without traffic to mingle with cyclists on the viaducts. In fact, if traffic is very light, I would think drivers will have the tendency to be less alert and speed up on the viaducts. That's a NO NO if we throw much slower moving cyclists into the mix. Then, you might have drivers demanding all recreational cyclists to only ride from 10pm to 6am. Reason being can be done on viaducts, why not on all roads? Don't be surprised, there are such entitled motorists keyboard warriors online all the time. 

Secondly, I would propose to keep cycling rules as simple and clear-cut as possible at this stage. People are already having difficulties remembering they can't go up the expressways, much less remembering the time they are allowed up the viaducts. Some motorists can't even remember bus lane hours, much less asking cyclists to adhere to viaduct hours and asking drivers to be aware as well. 

Thirdly, you already know it as you said you only rode up the viaducts before 6am when traffic is really light. Our viaducts aren't build for cyclists in mind. If it is, viaducts won't be on the right side of our roads, but would be on the left so that cyclists aren't forced to filter right to go up, and then be forced again to filter left against incoming traffic once they come down. Not forgetting the original purpose of viaducts is to facilitate faster motorised vehicular traffic so as to prevent jams below. I say cyclists should give and take. Return back the viaducts to the drivers, in return ask for the right for space on the normal roads. 

Lastly, group size and single file. Single file is an absurd suggestion, it only sound good at this stage to drivers because they haven't kanna a long line of cyclists holding them back yet. I already pointed it out why its a bigger nuisance than a more compact group riding 2 abreast. From a cyclists perspective, a single file is an open invitation to allow some impatient drivers to risk it and squeeze past them. I might be wrong on the latter, but that's what I read online whenever riding 2 abreast debates come up on social media. 

If want to limit group size, what will be a good size then? Should it be 4 cyclists in a group? I say 4 is good because that's the footprint of a car. 2 cyclists in front, 2 cyclists at the back. Easy for drivers to gauge and overtake, easy for cyclists to adhere to. But, what happens when we have multiple groups of 4 bunching up on popular cycling routes over the weekends? Where's the end to all these so-called rules? Sounds good on paper but in real life, I don't see them as practical at all to drivers and cyclists alike. 

• Praise 3

14 minutes ago, Ender said:

The guy on motorbike is his coach?

Most likely part of his training team, actual coach or not I don't know. Else which motorcyclist would allow a stranger to tailgate so close, and yet purposely keep to the left and maintain a steady speed for the stranger to draft? 😆

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

If want to limit group size, what will be a good size then? Should it be 4 cyclists in a group? I say 4 is good because that's the footprint of a car. 2 cyclists in front, 2 cyclists at the back. Easy for drivers to gauge and overtake, easy for cyclists to adhere to. But, what happens when we have multiple groups of 4 bunching up on popular cycling routes over the weekends? Where's the end to all these so-called rules? Sounds good on paper but in real life, I don't see them as practical at all to drivers and cyclists alike. 

I myself don't do group ride as I view it is very dangerous.. occasionally i join those small size group like 4/5.. not i wanna join but the pace n route same! whahahahahaha..

Honestly for group ride at 4 they not song one.. the peloton not big euff to gain the advantage.. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Thanks for taking the time to pen down your thoughts, and I gave it a Like as its obvious you are an actual cyclist who rode on our roads. Your real opinions are sorely needed in a motorist dominated forum like this. Ok, let's get back to this never ending topic...😁

Firstly, your suggestion on the usage of viaducts only on specific timings is feasible. But, in my personal opinion and my own observations of the road cyclists as I drove on the weekends, I would still think cyclists should not be up there. 10pm to 6am is non-peak hours, but that does not guarantee it will be without traffic to mingle with cyclists on the viaducts. In fact, if traffic is very light, I would think drivers will have the tendency to be less alert and speed up on the viaducts. That's a NO NO if we throw much slower moving cyclists into the mix. Then, you might have drivers demanding all recreational cyclists to only ride from 10pm to 6am. Reason being can be done on viaducts, why not on all roads? Don't be surprised, there are such entitled motorists keyboard warriors online all the time. 

Secondly, I would propose to keep cycling rules as simple and clear-cut as possible at this stage. People are already having difficulties remembering they can't go up the expressways, much less remembering the time they are allowed up the viaducts. Some motorists can't even remember bus lane hours, much less asking cyclists to adhere to viaduct hours and asking drivers to be aware as well. 

Thirdly, you already know it as you said you only rode up the viaducts before 6am when traffic is really light. Our viaducts aren't build for cyclists in mind. If it is, viaducts won't be on the right side of our roads, but would be on the left so that cyclists aren't forced to filter right to go up, and then be forced again to filter left against incoming traffic once they come down. Not forgetting the original purpose of viaducts is to facilitate faster motorised vehicular traffic so as to prevent jams below. I say cyclists should give and take. Return back the viaducts to the drivers, in return ask for the right for space on the normal roads. 

Lastly, group size and single file. Single file is an absurd suggestion, it only sound good at this stage to drivers because they haven't kanna a long line of cyclists holding them back yet. I already pointed it out why its a bigger nuisance than a more compact group riding 2 abreast. From a cyclists perspective, a single file is an open invitation to allow some impatient drivers to risk it and squeeze past them. I might be wrong on the latter, but that's what I read online whenever riding 2 abreast debates come up on social media. 

2 x 2 formation means they are hogging the entire lane. Safe for cyclists, delays and frustrations for buses (with 30, 50 pax on board) and whole lines of vehicles behind them. Roads serve a primary function of transporting people and goods from point A to point B, not for the amusement and entertainment of recreational cyclists. 

If single file, max 4 per group, and at least 50m between groups, I think most drivers probably can tolerate and try to give space to the single file while overtaking then. Remember a frustrated driver can easily turn into a reckless one. 

As for penalty for bikers, regular demerit points should apply if they are drivers. If not, then 1 month suspension from riding in lieu per point. If they choose to ride during suspension, then it should be jail time.

Again main issue is enforcement, enforcement, enforcement. Which reg plates will help. 

Edited by Volvobrick

Hypersonic
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i only know those cyclist behind are breathing in the smoke directly  off the motorcycle

At least not a 2 stroke motorcycle. 😁

I suggest they use a electric motorcycle. Healthier for the cyclist too.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement