Reckless Cyclist

Brock

27 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Floppy disk u mean? 

Yes.. Floppy disk also has the movable slot to prevent overwriting. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I don’t believe you can draft behind a lorry on foot😂

NVNT.

The law does not differentiate btw tailgate and drafting.

If the law don’t protect tailgater, it will not protect drafter.

Especially in the case of bike rear end lorry.

Let's say I'm an Olympic sprinter. 😂😂😂

Top speed recorded is 44 km/h. 

Actually they can reach speeds of 35km/h quite easily. 

Those are lorry speeds, especially on smaller roads. 

Given that the sprinter speeds were reached with normal drag, don't tell me they can't draft behind lorries and possibly go even faster (if the lorry cooperates?). 

It's not a matter of what can be achieved on the road. 

It's a matter of what one should try (or be allowed to try) taking safety into consideration. 

Just because a car can easily do 200, or even 300 km/h on a public road doesn't make it legal or even sensible to try. 

Same principle with dumbass cyclists. 

You say the law wouldn't treat a drafting cyclist differently from a tailgating vehicle.

I say that until this has been put to a common law test, we will never know. Till then my guess is as good as yours. So I'm justified in bearing a sneaking suspicion that the law will still favour the dumbass drafting leisure cyclist as a "vulnerable" road user and put the burden of the duty of care onto the heavy vehicle driver working hard for a living and throw the book at him, berating him for "not keeping a proper lookout" and "braking recklessly". 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

.whats the point?? might as well buy a motorcycle

wow, lorry road hogging. must drive on lane 3 and let satki cyclist overtake safely. very inconsiderate lorry driver. 

• Haha! 2

36 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Let's say I'm an Olympic sprinter. 😂😂😂

Top speed recorded is 44 km/h. 

Actually they can reach speeds of 35km/h quite easily. 

Those are lorry speeds, especially on smaller roads. 

Given that the sprinter speeds were reached with normal drag, don't tell me they can't draft behind lorries and possibly go even faster (if the lorry cooperates?). 

It's not a matter of what can be achieved on the road. 

It's a matter of what one should try (or be allowed to try) taking safety into consideration. 

Just because a car can easily do 200, or even 300 km/h on a public road doesn't make it legal or even sensible to try. 

Same principle with dumbass cyclists. 

You say the law wouldn't treat a drafting cyclist differently from a tailgating vehicle.

I say that until this has been put to a common law test, we will never know. Till then my guess is as good as yours. So I'm justified in bearing a sneaking suspicion that the law will still favour the dumbass drafting leisure cyclist as a "vulnerable" road user and put the burden of the duty of care onto the heavy vehicle driver working hard for a living and throw the book at him, berating him for "not keeping a proper lookout" and "braking recklessly". 

Based on top speed of 44km/h, most sprinter cannot draft a lorry no more than 100m.
We can agree that without common law test, we will not know what would be verdict.

Edited by inlinesix

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

The poor truck driver will get into trouble under our idiotic laws.

The farking useless cyclist will probably sue for millions. 

Truck driver won't get into trouble lah. Cyclist knock truck from behind. Truck can blame front car (me) for braking; can't see the cyclist, don't know he is there. Cyclist didn't exercise due care and maintain adequate safe distance. 
Happy ending. 😁

• Haha! 5

While the leotards and MAMILs are the favourite focus here, let's not forget the rest of the new and sometimes totally clueless cyclists. You can usually spot them on foldables, MTBs, hybrid bikes or on road bikes but without clipless shoes on. 

I've noticed this group are probably newbies who just got into cycling as their friends did during the Covid cycling boom. And some of them are venturing out onto the roads during the weekends. Quite a few of them on popular routes such as Upper Thomson, as I've noticed on my breakfast drive yesterday morning.   

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

While the leotards and MAMILs are the favourite focus here, let's not forget the rest of the new and sometimes totally clueless cyclists. You can usually spot them on foldables, MTBs, hybrid bikes or on road bikes but without clipless shoes on. 

I've noticed this group are probably newbies who just got into cycling as their friends did during the Covid cycling boom. And some of them are venturing out onto the roads during the weekends. Quite a few of them on popular routes such as Upper Thomson, as I've noticed on my breakfast drive yesterday morning.   

Actually, leotards/mamils video is always started by the person who refused to engage you.

The group that you mentioned is more hazardous.

This group may not know road riding etiquette and rules.

• Praise 1

On 8/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, Fcw75 said:

Make sure you have a friend driving behind the cyclist with a working cam. Then he can upload to YouTube and we can all have a good laugh and a merry weekend. 😁

This one need 8k 70mm sensor camera Liao!!! :XD:

937E8F33-EC15-49F2-8077-BD052C9A1D28.jpeg

• Haha! 3

48 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Actually, leotards/mamils video is always started by the person who refused to engage you.

Should make those unfit people ride on pavement 

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

You are actually correct.

The seasoned MAMILS/Leotards know the risks and what to expect on the roads, but for these newer group of cyclists out on the roads riding, they may not know what to expect and ride defensively. 

• Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Should make those unfit people ride on pavement 

Rather than say unfit, I would say they may not know how to ride defensively to protect themselves and anticipate the antics of some drivers on the roads. 

• Praise 3

On 8/14/2021 at 12:01 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Cyclists being off the road can also help traffic as a whole. 

Don't even need to mandate it. Just give some truck drivers a free licence and even a small cash bonus to take them out. 

After all, only the ends matter right? 😂

Wow if got free license to take them out, I think a lot will volunteer without the need for cash bonus

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Wow if got free license to take them out, I think a lot will volunteer without the need for cash bonus

Cannot lah. They need to clean and maybe touch up a bit. 😁