Upgrade of ICE

Roverboy

didnt do the floor, wheel arc and firewall? these will help in the overall soundproofing.

Good call!

Was considering floorpan this time round, but didn't had to as the floor insulation was already superb! Tested and very thick insulation foam was found, so not required.

Intend to do up firewall and wheel arc next round as I wanted to see how effective the soundproofing for doors is, and subsequently can feel the difference when the firewall and wheel arcs are soundproofed.

Take a monetary break first. Lolx.

↡ Advertisement

Good call!

Was considering floorpan this time round, but didn't had to as the floor insulation was already superb! Tested and very thick insulation foam was found, so not required.

Intend to do up firewall and wheel arc next round as I wanted to see how effective the soundproofing for doors is, and subsequently can feel the difference when the firewall and wheel arcs are soundproofed.

Take a monetary break first. Lolx.

i see.. in my opinion, the cost of doing the wheel arc and firewall is not really value for money without the floor. i would just skip it. =) i did it in stages as well.
  • Praise 1

i see.. in my opinion, the cost of doing the wheel arc and firewall is not really value for money without the floor. i would just skip it. =) i did it in stages as well.

Yeah....Have to depend on the quote I received then. If not value for money, will skip it. Now soundproofing effectiveness probably already at 80%. If anything, is to improve on the 20%.

Thanks so much for the sharing!!

Edited by GS418

Updating on my ICE upgrading!

Was too busy during the day to try out the new audio system upgrade. So went for drives for 3hrs past midnight and played various genre such as movies, classical, pop songs, vocalist, symphony, club music, etc....

Verdict: Very satisfied! Mind blowing experience given the modest setup. I am literally feeling that I'm in the same room as the singer, or sitting at centre front of a music lounge depending on the music I played. When playing live recording music, it was so immense that I could not make out the directions of sound from various speakers. It was although I'm the singer! I also played movies trailers....And surely....the cinematic experience is so real.

(1) I assessed much credit should go to the Italy made Esatto DSP as it was far superior than other brands/models that I had tested such as Audison Bit One, Audio System DSP 4.6 and Pioneer DEQ P7650. Not the most expensive of the lot too! Did not test out Rainbow DSP 1.8 as it was out of my budget. And credit too to my installer for taking so much efforts to tune it to my reqts (I.e. a configuration for driver experience when no passengers, and another configuration for family enjoyment when both front and rear seats are occupied. Will be going back to maximise the 8 configurations. Easily selectable thru a hand phone app.

(2) The soundproofing on the 4 doors also made a significant difference. The door speakers pump out the music beautifully and the doors did not rattle even at very loud volume. Then of course, the ride is so much more comfortable and quiet even with no music playing.

Again, had my budget allows, I would have gone for 3 Way Rainbow speakers and soundproofing at my Firewall and Wheel Arcs. Please do not only do soundproofing, do GOOD soundproofing! It really helps.

↡ Advertisement