What Did You Makan Today PT 5

BabyBlade

So I had leftover rice over Saturday's dinner, what should I do with it? Fried rice of course.

For fried rice using overnight rice is the best because it is dryer and easy to fry and could fry it evenly. I like fried rice to be simple with only ikan bilis and eggs.

So I prepare first the ikan bilis pan fried and also some prawns J9JdQH4.jpg

Using the same oil from the fried fish now fry the garlic 7hh7IL1.jpg

Add eggs z18RBfu.jpg

Before the eggs fully cook throw in the rice the uncooked egg will coat the rice nicely and evenly Em79bd8.jpg

Stir fry with high heat for a while, add pepper, salt, fish sauce and soya sauce and a tinge of sugar to cover the saltiness l8mo5ce.jpg

Add teh ikan bilis and prawns aj03KrZ.jpg

Stir fry a little bit more with high heat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyjhS7htIbY

There you goGInyMsS.jpg

Edited by steveluv
  • Praise 10

Yu Sheng overload over the weekend ....

I had the chilled NTUC finest yu sheng over the weekend at my friends' gathering (based on my friend's recommendation).

Actually taste quite good for it's 30+ dollar price. 

Would be good for a home or gathering lao yusheng.

• Praise 1

very solid fried rice.

Your method is what a pro or zi char chef would do.

But i would recommend other way around for home cooks cos they don't have flamethrower LPG burners like yourself haha.

Fry your omelette/egg first separately. 

Use your hands to coat your fried rice in egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Then u just take your time to fry the rice until the dryness u want. 
Eliminates wok flipping skill and you can take your time to properly fry the rice. Then u add in the other stuff at the end to mix.

With a normal piped gas hob, it actually takes quite long to fry your rice to a good level. Easily 10-15mins as opposed to the few mins max to the afterburner LPG burner you have.

So I had leftover rice over Saturday's dinner, what should I do with it? Fried rice of course.

For fried rice using overnight rice is the best because it is dryer and easy to fry and could fry it evenly. I like fried rice to be simple with only ikan bilis and eggs.

So I prepare first the ikan bilis pan fried and also some prawns 

Using the same oil from the fried fish now fry the garlic 

Add eggs 

Before the eggs fully cook throw in the rice the uncooked egg will coat the rice nicely and evenly 

Stir fry with high heat for a while, add pepper, salt, fish sauce and soya sauce and a tinge of sugar to cover the saltiness 

Add teh ikan bilis and prawns 

There you go

i really appreciate a plate of good fried rice. 

• Praise 4

very solid fried rice.

Your method is what a pro or zi char chef would do.

But i would recommend other way around for home cooks cos they don't have flamethrower LPG burners like yourself haha.

Fry your omelette/egg first separately. 

Use your hands to coat your fried rice in egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Then u just take your time to fry the rice until the dryness u want. 
Eliminates wok flipping skill and you can take your time to properly fry the rice. Then u add in the other stuff at the end to mix.

With a normal piped gas hob, it actually takes quite long to fry your rice to a good level. Easily 10-15mins as opposed to the few mins max to the afterburner LPG burner you have.

i really appreciate a plate of good fried rice. 

Thank you for the pointers. Yep high heat burner stove is really fun to cook especially fry vegetables.

Thank you for the pointers. Yep high heat burner stove is really fun to cook especially fry vegetables.

yeah. Any zhi char i go, i always order some veggies and fried rice to eat. Not able to replicate at home.

• Praise 1

So I prepare first the ikan bilis pan fried and also some prawns J9JdQH4.jpg

Using the same oil from the fried fish now fry the garlic 7hh7IL1.jpg

Add eggs z18RBfu.jpg

Before the eggs fully cook throw in the rice the uncooked egg will coat the rice nicely and evenly Em79bd8.jpg

Stir fry with high heat for a while, add pepper, salt, fish sauce and soya sauce and a tinge of sugar to cover the saltiness l8mo5ce.jpg

Add teh ikan bilis and prawns aj03KrZ.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyjhS7htIbY

There you goGInyMsS.jpg

really v nice plate of fried rice!
  • Praise 6

Those wok heh smell cannot reproduce using normal house hold stove.

Those wok heh smell cannot reproduce using normal house hold stove.

Possible..

U go Tokyu Hands household section, they sell those Beijing wok.. light n easily heated up.. but ex..

• Praise 7