UCL/UEL/Other European Leagues 18/19

kdash

If all English teams in both finals.

This only proof that BPL are the best across Europe .... :a-good:

Regardless of whether all 4 reach the Finals, I still believe EPL is indeed the best in Europe without doubt n not cos I’m EPL fan.

On individual team level, perhaps there are stronger teams like Barca, Real, Juventus but that’s the thing about EPL as it’s more evenly spread out. There r 6 standout teams n even those just below this level like Everton, Wolves, Watford, Leicester are a match or even better than their counterparts in La Liga, Serie A, Budesliga, Ligue etc.

Also those at the bottom can on their day upset the big boys so in short, EPL is more evenly spread out n that reason alone makes it the best

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

If all English teams in both finals.

This only proof that BPL are the best across Europe ....  :a-good:

for this season only.

how it will end still unknown.

but epl team had not won europa or UCL for many many season already

this year might be year of the underdog.

for the record pep had not win UCL since he left barc

So its not him.

Its Messi.

No Messi no CL Cup.

:D

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Barca vs pool is like the more ideal finals though. The 2 strongest side left.

Pool has amazed this season, make no mistake. Salah. Mane. Firmino. These 3 players proved wo coutino pool can even be better.

Spurs prob reaching this far would jmprove their psychological for future. The mental aspect hopefully can improve and challenge more fruitfully on all fronts next season.

Ajax. Wow. Remind me of monaco yrs back. The youngsters suddenly develop together and against all odds slay many giants fearleasly.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Champion League Semi-final Dates

First Leg

April 30 – Tottenham v Ajax

May 1 – Barcelona vs Liverpool

Second Leg

May 7 – Liverpool vs Barcelona 

May 8 – Ajax vs Tottenham 

According to this website the odds of make final/win final respectively are:-

Liverpool     - 51% / 36%

Barcelona    - 49% / 33%

Ajax             - 51% / 16%

Tottenham    - 49% / 15%

Dunno true or not?

:D

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 1

Another bad day in the office for EPL clubs as Pool went down 0-3 to Barca at Nou Camp coupled with Spurs 0-1 home defeat the previous night, dreams of an all English Final has someone evaporated.

Messi once again prove why he is the best player in the World by scoring 2!

Hoping for better day tonite with Arsenal n Chelsea in UEL action vs Valencia (H) n Frankfurt (A) respectively.

• Praise 8

Arsenal beat Valencia 3-1 whilst Chelsea drew 1-1 at Eintracht Frankfurt in UEL this morning salvaging some pride back for EPL after 2 defeats in UCL. The London sides are now favourites to progress to the Final in Baku.

• Praise 7

Arsenal beat Valencia 3-1 whilst Chelsea drew 1-1 at Eintracht Frankfurt in UEL this morning salvaging some pride back for EPL after 2 defeats in UCL. The London sides are now favourites to progress to the Final in Baku.

very disappointed with chelsea 1 - 1 draw.

i doubt the return leg will end 0 - 0 , high chance frankfurt will score at least 1 , 

a 2-2 or 3-3 mean gg...

• Praise 1

very disappointed with chelsea 1 - 1 draw.

i doubt the return leg will end 0 - 0 , high chance frankfurt will score at least 1 , 

a 2-2 or 3-3 mean gg...

Frankfurt are a willing team and they have a real poacher in Jovic who took his chance well. Also the returning Rebic will add firepower but if the real Chelsea turns up, they shld progress I feel but trouble is u nvr know which Chelsea will turn up.

They missed Rudiger as Christensen was rather unsure of himself as he has not played regularly though once he finds his feet, he shld be ok. Tie is nicely poised.

BTW, don't know why they benched Hazard till the hour mark n he couldn't impose himself when he came on. Players no matter how talented need time to get into the flow/rhythm of the game and Hazard just couldn't get going when he came on. This is not a slight on him but more on why Sarri didn't start him in the first place? 

• Praise 3

Frankfurt are a willing team and they have a real poacher in Jovic who took his chance well. Also the returning Rebic will add firepower but if the real Chelsea turns up, they shld progress I feel but trouble is u nvr know which Chelsea will turn up.

They missed Rudiger as Christensen was rather unsure of himself as he has not played regularly though once he finds his feet, he shld be ok. Tie is nicely poised.

BTW, don't know why they benched Hazard till the hour mark n he couldn't impose himself when he came on. Players no matter how talented need time to get into the flow/rhythm of the game and Hazard just couldn't get going when he came on. This is not a slight on him but more on why Sarri didn't start him in the first place?

Actually i support this rotation.

Hazard play last game vs man u.

Next game is a tough EPL game also.

End if season u dun give players some break they will burn out.

Beside now top 4 is in chelsea's hand.

Just win last 2 games.

Actually i support this rotation.

Hazard play last game vs man u.

Next game is a tough EPL game also.

End if season u dun give players some break they will burn out.

Beside now top 4 is in chelsea's hand.

Just win last 2 games.

U hv a point on rotation but as we all know, u shld only plan for the next game n not beyond that. EPL 4th place is impt but so too UEL. I suppose if the result went well, coach will be lauded as brilliant n of course the inverse can happen as well n coach will then be called a muppet!

There r just a few games left so unless players show signs of fatigue, the strongest X1 shld play in my opinion.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
(edited)

If Chelsea finished 4th and win the Europa League, United or Arsenal finished 5th.  Chelsea will qualify for UCL as Champ of UEL,  will United/Arsenal finished 5th, get to join the top 3 EPL teams, to go to UCL as a maximum of 5 teams can participate in UCL?

Edited by Civic2000
  • Praise 1

If Chelsea finished 4th and win the Europa League, United or Arsenal finished 5th.  Chelsea will qualify for UCL as Champ of UEL,  will United/Arsenal finished 5th, get to join the top 3 EPL teams, to go to UCL as a maximum of 5 teams can participate in UCL?

no, i dun think so lol

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Actually if barca or ajax win cl.

And say if gunners n chelsea win the europa.

And say the english winners of europa finish 5th or 6th. They go champions league.

4th no affected then.

But if the english europra winners finish 4th. Still top 4 in.

So chelsea with an eye still for 3rd or 4th place knows they die die this weekend need to win and if they do they most likely secure top 4.

• Praise 1

If Chelsea finished 4th and win the Europa League, United or Arsenal finished 5th. Chelsea will qualify for UCL as Champ of UEL, will United/Arsenal finished 5th, get to join the top 3 EPL teams, to go to UCL as a maximum of 5 teams can participate in UCL?

UEL winners qualify for UCL only if they have not qualified thru their own League position already. So in your scenario, answer is no the 5th position club will not get into UCL since Chelsea already qualified thru their 4th position.

• Praise 3

Actually if barca or ajax win cl.

And say if gunners n chelsea win the europa.

And say the english winners of europa finish 5th or 6th. They go champions league.

4th no affected then.

But if the english europra winners finish 4th. Still top 4 in.

So chelsea with an eye still for 3rd or 4th place knows they die die this weekend need to win and if they do they most likely secure top 4.

UCL qualification for EPL is top 4 qualifies.

UCL n UEL winners can get an extra place if they didn’t finish in top 4.

However, as only max 5 teams per country is allowed in UCL, if BOTH UCL n UEL winners didn't finish in top 4 then they both go thru at the expense of the 4th place team. This scenario very unlikely to happen this season.

For Chelsea, I can abit understand why they seem to prioritise EPL top 4 over UEL as if they win their last 2 League games, they will be in UCL next season vs having to go thru 3 games (before this morning’s game) to get their hands on UEL n anyway in Cup games, anything can happen.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7