UCL/UEL/Other European Leagues 18/19

kdash

Man City showed real pedigree by coming from 1-2 down and also with 10men to win 3-2 at Schalke this morning. They have now taken a huge step into the last 8 with goals from Aguero, Sane and Sterling. Otamendi was shown the red card.

Ath Madrid with the ever physical Diego Costa restored back in the starting line up beat Juventus 2-0 and now looks firm favourites to progress. The UCL Final will be played at their stadium this year so they hv a strong desire to go all the way. Ath Madrid are a very well organised n physical side with a good defence. They enjoy harassing teams and didnt allow Juventus to slow the game down n in Costa they have the perfect leader of the line n a great foil for marksman Griezmann. They can go far and only a team with high quality players might overcome them.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Man City showed real pedigree by coming from 1-2 down and also with 10men to win 3-2 at Schalke this morning. They have now taken a huge step into the last 8 with goals from Aguero, Sane and Sterling. Otamendi was shown the red card.

Ath Madrid with the ever physical Diego Costa restored back in the starting line up beat Juventus 2-0 and now looks firm favourites to progress. The UCL Final will be played at their stadium this year so they hv a strong desire to go all the way. Ath Madrid are a very well organised n physical side with a good defence. They enjoy harassing teams and didnt allow Juventus to slow the game down n in Costa they have the perfect leader of the line n a great foil for marksman Griezmann. They can go far and only a team with high quality players might overcome them.

i sense a few upset in the 2nd leg....

i sense a few upset in the 2nd leg....

This 2 ties i think done and dusted but the Bayern/Pool, Barca/Lyon n Porto/Roma will be the games to watch as those are on a knife edge!

• Praise 2

Liverpool's memorable run to the Champions League final last season brought in a whopping £575million to the UK economy, a study by Deloitte has found.

The financial impact on the Liverpool region by the 1.5 million-plus football fans who visited Anfield during the 2017-18 season was worth £497m of this figure.

Liverpool asked the Deloitte Business Group to examine the broader economic impact of matchday activity during last season in the first study of its kind.

• Praise 3

Liverpool's memorable run to the Champions League final last season brought in a whopping £575million to the UK economy, a study by Deloitte has found.

The financial impact on the Liverpool region by the 1.5 million-plus football fans who visited Anfield during the 2017-18 season was worth £497m of this figure.

Liverpool asked the Deloitte Business Group to examine the broader economic impact of matchday activity during last season in the first study of its kind.

Unfortunately, I’m still in my cave dreaming of silverware when the rest of the footballing community is dreaming of $ by competing in UCL

• Praise 5

Chelsea and Arsenal through to last 16 of UEL with 3-0 wins vs Malmo and Bate respectively.

Inter Milan, Sevilla, Napoli, Benfica and Villarreal amongst some of the stronger sides left in the competition. Tonite is the draw for last 16 of UEL.

• Praise 2

the figures are mind boggling...

before it was quashed, i think last week there were rumours saying saudi prince wanted to takeover Man Utd, at >3 bil pounds... that would make the Glazers v rich...

Imagine Maradona moved only for 3 mil pounds back in 1982... now coutinho brought in ~150 mil...

Anyone here the salary has gone up 50x during the same period? [laugh]

Football inflation!

Last time I had the mistaken impression that there was not much money to make, if any at all in owning a Football club but looks like I’m wrong. Most of the owners bar City n Chelsea owners shld be able to exit with a tidy profit.

I know there are a lot of naysayers here and in most Football forums against Sheikh Mansour and Roman Abramovich on their buying success but it also shows that this 2 owners are the ones who put their money where their mouths are and manage to penetrate the elite in Football with their huge $ investment otherwise the big 6 would be probably big 3 or 4 only. I’m in favour of more elite to give the established clubs a run for their money!

• Praise 7

the figures are mind boggling...

before it was quashed, i think last week there were rumours saying saudi prince wanted to takeover Man Utd, at >3 bil pounds... that would make the Glazers v rich...

Imagine Maradona moved only for 3 mil pounds back in 1982... now coutinho brought in ~150 mil...

Anyone here the salary has gone up 50x during the same period? [laugh]

Man u pay leeds 1m + for cantona nia.

PUI.

He would be easily worth 100m + now....

UEL round of 16 draw:

Chelsea v Dynamo Kiev

Eintracht Frankfurt v Inter Milan

Dinamo Zagreb v Benfica

Napoli v Red Bull Salzburg

Valencia v Krasnodar

Sevilla v Slavia Prague

Arsenal v Rennes

Zenit v Villarreal

I’m expecting the 3 Spanish, 2 Italian, 2 EPL plus Benfica to go thru but that would mean a very strong last 8!

• Praise 2

UEL round of 16 draw:

Chelsea v Dynamo Kiev

Eintracht Frankfurt v Inter Milan

Dinamo Zagreb v Benfica

Napoli v Red Bull Salzburg

Valencia v Krasnodar

Sevilla v Slavia Prague

Arsenal v Rennes

Zenit v Villarreal

Iâm expecting the 3 Spanish, 2 Italian, 2 EPL plus Benfica to go thru but that would mean a very strong last 8!

Why so zhun.

They never face each other.

Real Madrid out of UCL going down 1-4 to Ajax at the Bernabeu (agg 3-5). Think it will be the end for Solari as this is about the earliest RM has gone out of this competition in recent years. Some rumours JM might be approached to return though I personally feel unlikely.

Spurs flew the EPL flag high with a 1-0 win At Dortmund (agg 4-0). To beat a team that is leading the Bundesliga by such a big margin is really an achievement, well done

• Praise 5

Real Madrid out of UCL going down 1-4 to Ajax at the Bernabeu (agg 3-5). Think it will be the end for Solari as this is about the earliest RM has gone out of this competition in recent years. Some rumours JM might be approached to return though I personally feel unlikely.

Spurs flew the EPL flag high with a 1-0 win At Dortmund (agg 4-0). To beat a team that is leading the Bundesliga by such a big margin is really an achievement, well done

• Praise 2

zidane and cr7 clever, they bail out at their peak .

maybe they know something wrong with the team liao..

Yeah Zidane knew Madrid were broke when they had to sell CR7 to balance the books and he left them faster than rats on a sinking ship.

Now Madrid are changing managers faster than Leicester City.

:D

zidane and cr7 clever, they bail out at their peak .

maybe they know something wrong with the team liao..

Modric claims it is precisely cos CR7 left hence the team has weakened n missing his goals which is irreplaceable. Looks like Neymar will be the likely replacement if they can convince PSG to sell which is a possibility cos PSG need to balance their books esp as they will need to convert the Mbappe loan to a purchase this summer I think. 

• Praise 3

Modric claims it is precisely cos CR7 left hence the team has weakened n missing his goals which is irreplaceable. Looks like Neymar will be the likely replacement if they can convince PSG to sell which is a possibility cos PSG need to balance their books esp as they will need to convert the Mbappe loan to a purchase this summer I think. 

The last free kick goal by ajax remind me of brazil vs england when ronaldinho loop david seaman.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1