UCL/UEL/Other European Leagues 18/19

kdash

In the world of football yes. In the world of football punting is also yes to ‘who would have thought ‘.

Maybe I'm naive but I honestly feel that at the top level of the game, it's almost impossible to bribe players as they are so well paid that there's no purpose to succumb to temptation but a group of influential persons who could be tempted could be the refs as they are not well rewarded.

The passionate fan in me would like to say that the ball is round and that sometimes creates unexpected results rather than the underhand of the bookie. [:)]  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Maybe I'm naive but I honestly feel that at the top level of the game, it's almost impossible to bribe players as they are so well paid that there's no purpose to succumb to temptation but a group of influential persons who could be tempted could be the refs as they are not well rewarded.

The passionate fan in me would like to say that the ball is round and that sometimes creates unexpected results rather than the underhand of the bookie. [:)]

Agreed but the amount per weekend is beyond one diehard fan imagination.

Look at SP...simi sai leag and simi sai kind of bat also have. Even vroom vroom sport also want to sapu...

• Praise 1

CR7 showed exactly why Juventus coveted him so much by scoring a hattrick to propel the Old Lady to a comeback 3-0 win over Ath Madrid (agg 3-2). Juve desperate to win UCL after years of dominance in Serie A.

City demolished Schalke 7-0 (agg 10-2). One word....frightening. At this level to get double figures over 2 legs in k/o rounds is astonishing. No one wants to draw them in the Q/F for sure.

• Praise 5

CR7 showed exactly why Juventus coveted him so much by scoring a hattrick to propel the Old Lady to a comeback 3-0 win over Ath Madrid (agg 3-2). Juve desperate to win UCL after years of dominance in Serie A.

City demolished Schalke 7-0 (agg 10-2). One word....frightening. At this level to get double figures over 2 legs in k/o rounds is astonishing. No one wants to draw them in the Q/F for sure.

Yah, City is playing very well and scoring goals for fun...

Now 3 English teams are in the quarters. If things go well, there will be 4.

And if that is the case, then the 4 should be kept apart, the teams who can draw City will be

- Ajax

- Juventus

- Porto

- Barca/Lyon

If Lyon upsets Barca and progresses, then it could be only between Ajax/Juventus/Porto to draw City. They must be

[sweatdrop]

But looking at this season's UCL, it does look quite balanced, with almost no team looking to be out and out favourite, bar City. All will fancy their chances.

• Praise 1

And if that is the case, then the 4 should be kept apart, the teams who can draw City will be

- Ajax

- Juventus

- Porto

- Barca/Lyon

If Lyon upsets Barca and progresses, then it could be only between Ajax/Juventus/Porto to draw City. They must be

[sweatdrop]

But looking at this season's UCL, it does look quite balanced, with almost no team looking to be out and out favourite, bar City. All will fancy their chances.

There is no seeding or country protection at the quarter-final stages of the Champions League, meaning English sides could face each other.

• Praise 2

- Ajax

- Juventus

- Porto

- Barca/Lyon

[sweatdrop]

i put city as number 1 favourite follow by juv and barc...

• Praise 1

There is no seeding or country protection at the quarter-final stages of the Champions League, meaning English sides could face each other.

Oh yah, that's why City drew Pool last season right?

Then everybody go bath flower water, hope dun kanna bad lot...

But hope to have all-English semis leh. That will really be a shocker if it comes through.

Turbocharged

But hope to have all-English semis leh. That will really be a shocker if it comes through.

Guardiola is rooting for BM tonight because he is scared history will repeat itself

:D

• Praise 2

Mai lah I prefer to watch teams of different leagues in the semis just like countries from different continents for WC semi - Europe, SA, Asia, Africa.

• Praise 1

Mai lah I prefer to watch teams of different leagues in the semis just like countries from different continents for WC semi - Europe, SA, Asia, Africa.

indeed , if 8 teams 4 team from same leag is quite boring [;)]

Pool defeated Bayern 3-1 (agg 3-1)to make it 4/4 for EPL clubs in last 8 of UCL, first time this has happened as far as I can remember. Barca showed they will be no pushovers by whacking Lyon 5-1 (agg 5-1).

So the EPL clubs have to overcome 2 traditionally strong sides in Juventus and Barca, a young and energetic team in Ajax and a Porto side with experienced players if they want to go all the way. Let’s see how the draw pans out tmr night.

• Praise 4

Pool defeated Bayern 3-1 (agg 3-1)to make it 4/4 for EPL clubs in last 8 of UCL, first time this has happened as far as I can remember. Barca showed they will be no pushovers by whacking Lyon 5-1 (agg 5-1).

So the EPL clubs have to overcome 2 traditionally strong sides in Juventus and Barca, a young and energetic team in Ajax and a Porto side with experienced players if they want to go all the way. Letâs see how the draw pans out tmr night.

I think germany leag is the next to decline after Italian leag
  • Praise 1

During the draw for last 16 teams. A few managers had during the interviewed, said that they were lucky to avoid Liverpool ...

Even BM manager was optimistic of his team going into the last eight when his team draw against Pool.    [:/]

I think he knew something .... [sly]

For my thoughts, BM are over confident with their home ground advantage....  :yuush:

I remember during interview with BM strikers (Ribbery & Lem), they mentioned that playing at Anfield was always difficult with their fans support. 

So when they came off with 0 - 0 draw, they are confident that they will win in their home ground. :we-all-gonna-die:

I think germany leag is the next to decline after Italian leag

Perhaps but surprisingly CR7 mentioned it was harder to score in Serie A compared to La Liga. Maybe cos Italian teams more organised whereas Spanish team offer flair n thus more space for Forwards?

• Praise 3

Perhaps but surprisingly CR7 mentioned it was harder to score in Serie A compared to La Liga. Maybe cos Italian teams more organised whereas Spanish team offer flair n thus more space for Forwards?

Sure it hard top score in Serie A ....

Cos you can't dribble & show your skills like in other leagues and you will be brought down more often than your dribbling ....   :grin:

Serie A got more free kicks than any other leagues ... :wacko:

↡ Advertisement