UCL/UEL/Other European Leagues 18/19

kdash

For my thoughts, BM are over confident with their home ground advantage.... :yuush:

I remember during interview with BM strikers (Ribbery & Lem), they mentioned that playing at Anfield was always difficult with their fans support.

So when they came off with 0 - 0 draw, they are confident that they will win in their home ground. :we-all-gonna-die:

I remember 1981 European Cup S/F Pool v Bayern 1st leg At Anfield was 0-0 n the Germans thought the hard work was done but Pool fought out a 1-1 draw in Munich to go thru on away goals. So fast forward 38 years later, same thing happens.

Not able to score an away goal in European ties esp 1st leg has caused the downfall of many teams who think they just have to win their home leg n go thru but once the opponents scores at your ground, u will need to score one more than them.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Perhaps but surprisingly CR7 mentioned it was harder to score in Serie A compared to La Liga. Maybe cos Italian teams more organised whereas Spanish team offer flair n thus more space for Forwards?

ya tactically wise the italian should be the best around.

so many great italian coach throughout the years.

they make up for their lack of investment currently.

The Chart below is from Sky Sports.  Liverpool is favourite to win UCL, follow by Man City.

I believe most people voting here are mostly UK readers.

My ranking of favourite is 

Man City

Liverpool

Barcelona

Juventus  

Man United

But again, let’s wait for the draw.

post-16380-0-28785400-1552534392_thumb.png

The Chart below is from Sky Sports.  Liverpool is favourite to win UCL, follow by Man City.

Man City

Liverpool

Barcelona

Juventus  

Man United

ya see draw first.

scarly man c draw tio  liverpools, 2 highest rated team 1 ko liao

Perhaps but surprisingly CR7 mentioned it was harder to score in Serie A compared to La Liga. Maybe cos Italian teams more organised whereas Spanish team offer flair n thus more space for Forwards?

Salah wasn't the top scorer there as well.

Man City

Liverpool

Barcelona

Juventus  

Man United

wah zhun bo ? pool over Barca, Juve & ManC ... Poll conducted in Liverpool ah ?  [grin]

at the other end, Poor Porto  [laugh]

• Praise 2

How do you want to QF draw to turn out to be come Friday?  

My take:

QF 1: Barcelona vs Man City

QF 2: Juventus vs Man United

QF 3: Tottemham vs Ajax 

QF 4: Liverpool vs Porto

If it turns out this way, my Semi Finals prediction will be : Barcelona, Juventus, Ajax and Liverpool

SF draw:

SF 1: Barcelona vs Juventus

SF 2: Ajax vs Liverpool

Finalist would then be Barcelona and Liverpool with Liverpool lifting the CL Trophy for the 6th time by beating Barcelona and in particular, Courtino in the Finals.

• Praise 1

I hope by fluke all the English teams are kept apart and all win then all the semi are English teams.

:D

No la, then it's so boring like another epl match. I prefer to see Liverpool thrashing Barca in the final. Edited by Extinguisher
  • Praise 1

A lot will depend on the draw, as well as the fitness/form of the players from now till mid May.

Imagine if Ronaldo suddenly gets injured for 1 mth. I think juve can good-bye already. Same for messi.

On Friday, guess every single team will be hoping to draw Porto, followed by Spurs and Ajax, then maybe Utd. Likely the other 4 teams will be the ones to avoid, going by common wisdom and looking at the form.

No la, then it's so boring like another epl match. I prefer to see Liverpool thrashing Barca in the final.

Yeah Pool beat Man U and City in quarter and semi finals and Barça beat Spurs and Juve in QF and SF.

Then Pool meet Barça in final.

And Pool win.

Ironic that man c want UCL more .

But it seem pools perfer EPL title more

If they meet in final then Pool let City win lah and City let Pool win PL.

• Praise 1

Yeah Pool beat Man U and City in quarter and semi finals and Barça beat Spurs and Juve in QF and SF.

Then Pool meet Barça in final.

And Pool win.

If they meet in final then Pool let City win lah and City let Pool win PL.

if they can choose, i think both will agree to it loh, no joke.

now that pools beat baya , they can be consider 1 of the favourite liao, if they can maintain inj free 

• Praise 2