How much do ADs make from trade in?

Kensh09

willing buyer willing seller ...

even not willing ... if die die want to buy ... blame no one ... hehe

if want to buy/sell, just look at final price and whether you ok with it or not. not ok then just walk away. people also need to cari makan...

unplugged nation

ownself support ownself ... [thumbsup]

These ppl hiam so much they might as well import their own car, service their own car etc etc. No need to worry how much others earn. LoL...

Become the govt too. Save on the import tax. You save 100% of the parf value. Dig your own crude oil and refine it too.

Meow.

↡ Advertisement

Actually most of the rich buyers are damn difficult customers according to the SE

They buying TOP of the line and expecting maximum discount given plus full options cum all kind of freebies thrown in

Whereas normal customers buying entry level models are easygoing

They don’t really squeeze SE so hard to that extent of making people life difficult

That’s why the rich became richer and poor became poorer

My SE friend told me he rather serve normal buyer than the rich towkay

Lesser commission but easier to handle

• Praise 3

min 10k from your trade in car + new car mark-up

I think $10k is correct for normal bread and butter car.

For higher end car should be about $30k.

Actually most of the rich buyers are damn difficult customers according to the SE

They buying TOP of the line and expecting maximum discount given plus full options cum all kind of freebies thrown in

They don’t really squeeze SE so hard to that extent of making people life difficult

It's a common phenomenon in the service industry.

There are a lot of people who are difficult.

Edited by Lala81

Normally AD and PI will also sell 2nd hand cars they take in near paper value. Hence, the profit margin is also quite high for them.

Don't trade in your old cars at a loss to them but sell direct to genuine buyers who want to drive themselves.

You can sell it yourself if you wanna get a shot at the $10K profit that the AD would otherwise make (e.g buy your used car $90K and resell it at $100K market value later on or more). You can sell it yourself by listing it at $104K then sell at $100K if got genuine buyer.

But sometimes it's worth trading in because you can use the used car as a form of leverage to get more discounts for the next car.. thus making it seem like you didn't "lose" the $10K profit, as it would be lesser than that.

For me a bit too much hassle to sell myself so I trade in, bargain for best nett price for new car, or higher trade in value, every little bit helps, then just deal & move on, but to each his own.

This overtrade or trade-in thing is just a marketing gimmic. You can negotiate with the sales person and tell them that you are ready to commit and yet enjoy the discounted price WITHOUT trading in your car which you can fetch higher price selling outside. If they refuse, simply walk out of the showroom.   

Regardless of whether selling BMW or Kia, sure kena difficult people one lah.....

Its not about income level of a person, its the character of a person.

For example, you can have customers who buy Kia but expect the car to perform like a BMW. 

And you will also meet the rich and humble people as well. Of course, rich and haolian ones who look down on the less well off, (GCT comes to mind). And the rich n arrogant who like to show off their watches or whatever in MCF is also another type.

Too many to list. If i have missed out, can the kind bros here chip in?

When I deal with people who buy things in Carousell, those who drive the big cars are the ones who bargain hard and lowball - they probably made  a purchase beyond their means and  are hard up on cash after paying the monthly installment

Edited by Vinceng

The truth is what BobbyTan(post #5) mentioned. Some ADs do not even deal with used cars and they liaise with a 3rd party used car dealer to quote you your old car price. It's unless the AD who has its own affiliated used car shop maybe such AD could offer buyers a better trade-in price. For that I do not know for sure.

You will have to ask car industry ppl how things work. Whether some commission will go to the salesperson or the AD company but one thing for sure do not expect too much cos if on paper you only get back so little and ppl offers you more....it's a bonus. Ppl I talk to tell me what car body value blah blah blah. Then I tell them, got demand got value. If there's no demand what value are you asking for?

If you want more sell the car on your own. If you want ppl to do it for you  lower your expectations. There's no charity. Be reasonable in your expectations.

• Praise 1

When I deal with people who buy things in Carousell, those who drive the big cars are the ones who bargain hard and lowball - they probably made  a purchase beyond their means and  are hard up on cash after paying the monthly installment

The richer a person is, the more stingy he is. That's why they can drive big cars and have more money.

I think $10k is correct for normal bread and butter car.

For higher end car should be about $30k.

even for COE car small hatchback at condition 6-7/10 also can get 10k? 

Not supporting those rich prick customers but if wanna earn higher comm$ naturally gotta expect to put up with more work & hardship. If that's too difficult, a salesguy can always refer the rich towkay to his sales colleagues while he relak one corner and concentrate on smaller comm$

• Praise 2

Buy a 217k car bargain down to 185k ... I heard liao also shake head

Thats a 14% discount from RRP

Then wants full package 5 years unlimited warranty , 5 years full servicing , 3M crystalline, original car mat, original dash cam, plus 6k worth of vouchers 

Best part is no loan some more ... full cash settlement ... 

Only insurance that guy bought in-house 

This person took 3 months time to bargain for all these

Outstanding bargain hunter [:(]  

Not supporting those rich prick customers but if wanna earn higher comm$ naturally gotta expect to put up with more work & hardship. If that's too difficult, a salesguy can always refer the rich towkay to his sales colleagues while he relak one corner and concentrate on smaller comm$

Actually my friend siam this kind of customer is because after so much hardwork then end of the day selling entry level car still make more commission than the high end model  [:p]

This overtrade or trade-in thing is just a marketing gimmic. You can negotiate with the sales person and tell them that you are ready to commit and yet enjoy the discounted price WITHOUT trading in your car which you can fetch higher price selling outside. If they refuse, simply walk out of the showroom.

It will only benefit if ur car near scrap
  • Praise 1

Then wants full package 5 years unlimited warranty , 5 years full servicing , 3M crystalline, original car mat, original dash cam, plus 6k worth of vouchers

Actually my friend siam this kind of customer is because after so much hardwork then end of the day selling entry level car still make more commission than the high end model [:p]

$217k is high end car?

14% disc feom RRP is almost given la for not new model

may be outgoing model?

Edited by Wt_know

Actually my friend siam this kind of customer is because after so much hardwork then end of the day selling entry level car still make more commission than the high end model [:p]

What brand? L%$%$?

$217k is high end car?

14% disc feom RRP is almost given la for not new model

In front of Guan Gong, dont take out sword

In front of Wt_know, dont say 217k high end car

• Praise 2

What brand? L%$%$?

In front of Guan Gong, dont take out sword

In front of Wt_know, dont say 217k high end car

haha ... talk big only

i am q’ing for mrt now ... lol

haha ... talk big only

i am qâing for mrt now ... lol

Yah better take mrt later let your colleage or subordinate seeing u drive Macan will cause alot rumour in the company

Hehehe

↡ Advertisement