Coated, still getting water marks and scratches

Guysmokey

0.002mm coating protection cant last even one month under outdoor parking.

That's why mostly must send back for touch-up or call it maintenance.

Our hair is already 0.100mm thick.Cant even protect your head.what do you think?

[laugh] Can like tat compare meh?

Turbocharged

Do or don't do also will have scratches, swirlmarks, watermarks. My advice is don't spend such money lah. Every new car owner will go thru this phase one. Lol.

• Praise 3

I did coating for my previous ride and my recent ride as well. All I can say is water mark is sure have if you park outdoors. But scratch marks by right should not have. My previous ride I wash at car wash also don't have swirl marks only a few scratches which can be easily resolved. I think you should feedback to the company which did your coating. I go for quarterly maintenance to remove water marks but not effective. My current ride I will wipe the car myself and not go to car wash. See whether got difference or not.

• Praise 1

Man protects car or car protects man?

Man drive car, so man protect car. 

If man cannot protect car,  car also cannot protect man.

Car cannot protect man, unless autonomous like K.I.T.T.

Repainting the entire car is $1.5k, compared to the coating of about $1k and touch-ups.

AFAIK,  traditional paint have lesser UV protection and softer.

If with PPS still can get water marks, scratches and swirl marks,  it is going to be worse for traditional paint.

Car cannot protect man if got scratches? Bad car, bad bad. Needs spanking.

That's why car kenna respray lor.  [laugh]

• Praise 1

I went Ezbuy to check and each bottle of silicates is only $10-20.  I'm quite tempted to DIY...

Let us know the results. 

Hi all,

last year my new car was coated (i paid over $1k for it) by one of the more reputable coating companies. Car was only 2 days old when it was coated.

6 months later, there were scratches on the boot surface, and water marks on boot, roof and bonnet. The applied hydrophobic effects on the windscreen is also gone. I sent the car back to touch up.

The $1K coat is the current hottest creamic/glass/9H coating? 

Pls pardon me. Ive no intention of naming the company.

I'm just sharing my agony that coating is not that effective agaisnt water marks for ppl who park outdoors.

And like wat most Bros here mentioned, personally I will not go for pps/coating anymore.

I think it's good that thru this discussion, we bring up the impt thing, coating cannot prevent water marks if u park outdoors. It's a good consideration for those Bros getting coating for their cars.

Cheers!

But another factor is the quality of the paint you have to considered too. From experience I find that Japanese car paint coating thin and not lasting.

I did some measurement with a paint thickness gauge. Toyota, Nissan and Honda have a consistent 300++ microns thickness all round and European make such as Volvo, bmw, Peugeot and Citroen have about 150microns on horizontal surface and slightly lower on vertical panels. Interested to know the clearcoat hardness but unfortunately I do not have the right tools.

• Praise 1

I'm just sharing my agony that coating is not that effective agaisnt water marks for ppl who park outdoors.

And like wat most Bros here mentioned, personally I will not go for pps/coating anymore.

I think it's good that thru this discussion, we bring up the impt thing, coating cannot prevent water marks if u park outdoors. It's a good consideration for those Bros getting coating for their cars.

Cheers!

Do you use any form of chemical such as shampoo or just water to wash?

Cheers!

Why you still hide which pps company you go to? Is there honesty on your part?You trying to smoke us? Edited by RogerNg_185295

Cheers!

IMHO,  for people who parked outdoor, including me,   the right PPS will help with the following

a) UV protection - delay fading of paint

b) Bird poo - Easy clean-up and protection of the stain (that may be left behind) to reach the paint. P.S.  the PPS I have, the dark stain leftover, will "evaporate" under the sun.  IIRC,  this was a reported feature that was documented.

c) Wash - Easy to wash

The most it is the coating that gets etched, better than the clearcoat and paint. 

I believe glass coating helps but it will wear off quite fast within 6 months under rain and shine.

↡ Advertisement