2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Hi bros,

Owns a forester fxt but believe it is appropriate to start new thread on new 2019 forester under their global platform after already available ones for XV, Impreza etc.

Cheers.

Richard

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/08/16/2019-subaru-forester-price-25270/

Interesting options available for USA forester buyers which may tickles to Singapore buyers since understand all still built in Japan and only limited info from recent launch in Taiwan by MI, including pending availability of 2.5l version

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Price is the key factor to its success in Singapore

Hi bros,

Owns a forester fxt but believe it is appropriate to start new thread on new 2019 forester under their global platform after already available ones for XV, Impreza etc.

Cheers.

Richard
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/08/16/2019-subaru-forester-price-25270/

Interesting options available for USA forester buyers which may tickles to Singapore buyers since understand all still built in Japan and only limited info from recent launch in Taiwan by MI, including pending availability of 2.5l version

• Praise 4

Price is the key factor to its success in Singapore

Hi Roger,

Indeed and hope bros to share the available options and their pricing and other info especially experience of driving the new forester when launched by MI soon.

Btw, any idea if it is "sk" version after the previous sj and sjg versions ?

Cheers.

Richard

(edited)

Hi bros,

Seems only 2.5l variant had been offered in both US and nearer Australia:

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car-reviews/2019-subaru-forester-review-international-first-drive/

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/subaru/forester/2019/road-test

Meanwhile, MI's launch in Taiwan is only 2.0l version as of current with noted hybrid being mentioned by MI which make sense since VES for 2.5l will be a deterent as well as keep selling price low via upfront rebate :

http://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=n&AID=19596

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-93489900-1534484010_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Heard it's launching here in Oct.

Wonder if it's a good deal to buy the existing stock now or wait for the new model.

(edited)

Wonder if it's a good deal to buy the existing stock now or wait for the new model.

Hi Dach,

COE looks to be stable for next few months which is good to remove this single key factor.

The rest is up to MI mgt how to price and devised the options but at even 15-20k more or say 115k, I am not aware of any equitable medium sized SUV with standard AWD and most complete safety platform of eyesight system.

It does seems from usa options that even rear aircon is an option there and not standard but it is up to MI to define what is standard here .. all purely speculation at this juncture and up to individual if prudent and not willing to risk another 15k at the least I think to buy now or wait for new platform.

One caveat is that new forester fitted with standard eyesight will be without solar film on front windscreen (other windows yes) which owners have to fit at their "risk" like current xv and impreza.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

don't know whether MI will sale existing FNA, or peoples will take chance to rush for last batch FXT even if its price is unfriendly [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hi Dach,

COE looks to be stable for next few months which is good to remove this single key factor.

The rest is up to MI mgt how to price and devised the options but at even 15-20k more or say 115k, I am not aware of any equitable medium sized SUV with standard AWD and most complete safety platform of eyesight system.

It does seems from usa options that even rear aircon is an option there and not standard but it is up to MI to define what is standard here .. all purely speculation at this juncture and up to individual if prudent and not willing to risk another 15k at the least I think to buy now or wait for new platform.

One caveat is that new forester fitted with standard eyesight will be without solar film on front windscreen (other windows yes) which owners have to fit at their "risk" like current xv and impreza.

Cheers.

Richard

is there any problem to fit solar film aftermarket workshop, only leave eyesight camera area open? 

is it true that no more turbo ?

The design don't look so great.

Both exterior and interior look quite plain to me and no much change from the current model.

Even an entry level A class is having so much gadget in the small car, i don't any reason why Subaru don't do the same for this.

Edited by L23
  • Praise 1

Both exterior and interior look quite plain to me and no much change from the current model.

Even an entry level A class is having so much gadget in the small car, i don't any reason why Subaru don't do the same for this.

Hi L23,

Confirmed dun have ... not enough sales for current model of fxt for Subaru Japan to justify in this new platform release.

Cheers.

Richard

(edited)

is there any problem to fit solar film aftermarket workshop, only leave eyesight camera area open?

Hi MQX,

There is no problem to do aftermarket solar film as done so by owners of xv and imprezza.

The concerns are why MI refuse to do so but leave it to owners and most importantly, will this be regarded as undeclared modification by insurer to void claim when shit happens since not done by MI or Subaru Japan who warned against it ?

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-17616700-1534491506_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

My understanding other than Japan, there won't be 2.5L version for Asian markets. 

That's because most of their budget went into drivetrain/platform instead of going into the gadgets touchable by the driver. Really depends what you are looking for in a car. 

• Praise 2

SG likely only has 2.0i-S EyeSight model. Same as XV only has one model. But the features may be different from the same model in Taiwan. We don't need deep snow/mud xmode, right?

• Praise 2

(edited)

SG likely only has 2.0i-S EyeSight model. Same as XV only has one model. But the features may be different from the same model in Taiwan. We don't need deep snow/mud xmode, right?𤣠I hope MI don't trim the feature to make it just the same as 2018 FNA but just a new SGP frame. But even so, eyesight plus the XV style interior is still worth waiting if the additional price is just for eyesight, which I think worth of 3K.

Hi ecube,

Indeed ... seems Australia outside MI Asia is also only getting the 2.0L despite 90% being 2.5L for 2014 sj version but with same mentioned hybrid version being next as per launch in Taiwan by MI ... quite different from the only 2.5l launched in the US.

However, eyesight is already 5k from previous Impreza of same new 2.0L one.

My bey is that new one will be 110k at least even with current COE.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-09960500-1534511424_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi ecube,

Indeed ... seems Australia outside MI Asia is also only getting the 2.0L despite 90% being 2.5L for 2014 sj version but with same mentioned hybrid version being next as per launch in Taiwan by MI ... quite different from the only 2.5l launched in the US.

However, eyesight is already 5k from previous Impreza of same new 2.0L one.

My bey is that new one will be 110k at least even with current COE.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

110k if it's the top spec variant as in other market albeit a 2l engine. I doubt MI will do that. Look at the current fna, electric seat but no memory. No power tail gate. XV no sunroof. Current Impreza and XV pricing are very competitive which is already on the SGP generation. New fna can't be far away.

(edited)

Hi Richard,

110k if it's the top spec variant as in other market albeit a 2l engine. I doubt MI will do that. Look at the current fna, electric seat but no memory. No power tail gate. XV no sunroof. Current Impreza and XV pricing are very competitive which is already on the SGP generation. New fna can't be far away.

Hi ecube2000,

I am not aware of any 2.0l awd with complete safety system like eyesight even without sun roof and electric tailgate ..pls share since 99% probability to book the mazda6 with also optical safety system but with solar film on windscreen with wife's preferencenof SUV partially met by thr hugh space of this mazda 6.

Basic cx5 without all these is sgd118k and I had exhausted all 2.0l suv and also 1.5T compact suv currently available in the last week.

Without forester xt as a cap, I believe MI is aware that the game has changed a bit ... only awd I am aware is Rav4 at 140k+ ? Or you have to go 2.5l option.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Turbocharged

Btw, any idea if it is "sk" version after the previous sj and sjg versions ?

1st Gen is SG

2nd Gen is SH

3rd Gen is SJ

4th Gen is likely SK unless they skip the "K"

Anyway it's a pity they are not making the 2.0 Turbo XT. Although it's selling like hot cakes in SG due to it's price point, I never catch any XT when I was driving overseas in Japan, Thailand and even Australia. Mostly saw the FNA. I guess there is really some truth to the XT not selling well. Overseas review indicated that the XT is too expensive and cuts into the price other better models.

But I do hope they will at least sell a Turbo version in the future. I thought a 1.5 or 1.6 Turbo with same power but higher torque would be more fun to drive than a 2.5 NA and of course, the 2.0NA.

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2