2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Hi bros,

Heard from the grapevine that forester sk 2019 will be available Nov-Dec 2018 and Mar-Apr 2019 from MI Singapore and MI Malaysia ... the latter presumably to convert the assembly lines since semi-knock-down kit.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros,

Heard from the grapevine that forester sk 2019 will be available Nov-Dec 2018 and Mar-Apr 2019 from MI Singapore and MI Malaysia ... the latter presumably to convert the assembly lines since semi-knock-down kit.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks for the info Richard, so MI Singapore will bring in the new Forester earlier than Malaysia right?
  • Praise 2

Thanks for the info Richard, so MI Singapore will bring in the new Forester earlier than Malaysia right?

Hi everbb910,

Affirmative to the grapevine cos Malaysia is SKD.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi everbb910,

Affirmative to the grapevine cos Malaysia is SKD.

Cheers,

Richard

From the grapevine, for Malaysia’s consumption, Forester will come from Thailand plant in 2019.

• Praise 2

From the grapevine, for Malaysiaâs consumption, Forester will come from Thailand plant in 2019.

ð¤­

Hi Raikko,

Aaah ..but strange then cos they will not get skd benefits from custom and harder to compete leh.

Possible but unlikely for this reason like the cae of previous fna sj but I cannot confirm.

Cheers.

Richard

It is called CKD - complete knock down, or in simpler term: locally assembled for Malaysia car market.

Hi JBboy,

Yes yes .. thanks for the correction .. it should be ckd and not skd.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

This 2019 model looks delicious.... at least got rear aircon.... just wondering how much they gonna price it?? Near to Harrier??

It would be hard for them to sell in numbers same as the current gen if they price it so high.

• Praise 1

This 2019 model looks delicious.... at least got rear aircon.... just wondering how much they gonna price it?? Near to Harrier??

Imho, unlikely. I think the new forester will be around 100k with current coe prices.
  • Praise 1

Imho, unlikely. I think the new forester will be around 100k with current coe prices.

I sincerely hope so bro!!!  [thumbsup]

It would be hard for them to sell in numbers same as the current gen if they price it so high.

Agree.... need to see if they wanna price to sell or price to make it more upmarket!!  [:p]

I watched some 2019 forester 2.0 reviews from Taiwan, they criticized it underpowered, and expect to import 2.5L version at least, is it true?

I thought the new Forester 2.0 already increase power than existing FNA, can any existing FNA owner share how is the feeling of engine power?

Edited by MQX87511

I watched some 2019 forester 2.0 reviews from Taiwan, they criticized it underpowered, and expect to import 2.5L version at least, is it true?

I thought the new Forester 2.0 already increase power than existing FNA, can any existing FNA owner share how is the feeling of engine power?

Hi MQX,

2019 2.0 is indeed with new DIT engine with some improved torque/bhp figures but still 2.0L NA combustion engine like current FNA and I am not surprised but this is subjective to one's expectation especially when there is optional 2.5l.

Do not believe 2.5l will be offered here or even APAC by MI since hybrid had been announced.

Often I read of latest and greatest mktg BS like increase dimension of 3 or 5mm and I can only lol .. new releases do need "value propositions" against tough competitions.

Features on the other hand do get included and this is the case of new 2019 FNA 2.0 which owners can look forward to .. just not significant torque/bhp.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Turbocharged

I just saw that Forester launched hybrid version in China alongside the normal 2019 models.

wah wah wah....... pray they bring in together with the petrol version.... but don't think so!!  [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

The offical launch is 26 Oct at Takashimaya [rolleyes]

Hi jp,

Finally and nice !!!

Wonder if will be opened for booking and what is the pricing ... there is hope for lower than I last projected of >110k vs 95k then for sj5 since quite bad time now with many lelongs and price drop by other ADs.

Cheers.

Richard

I just saw that Forester launched hybrid version in China alongside the normal 2019 models.

Hi bb,

Hybrid 2.0l not launched from price list and only mentioned like taiwan launch also, right ?

Only 2.5l and surprising to see eyesight still only optional and not standard like local xv and imprezza but also good .. can install solar film on windscreen without ..else shudders thinking about the heat in the last fews days or risk to put your own still MI still refuses to do so.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement