2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Hi Record/Mann,

Oops ... thanks for the correction .. paiseh paiseh  [confused]

Was indeed somehow misread that Tucson was diesel and yes, Kia Sorento that flies around was partly the reason for thinking so.

Did not read too much into Hyundai when looking around for 1.5/1.6 turbo petrol as a result :(

Bo bian liao and just have to tell myself mazda 6 executive is a better choice ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Yeah, Mazda 6 is a gd buy. Personal opinion only, i think Mazda 6 and Forester NA are two of the cars with good value to money ratio on the market right now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

If by then Skoda Karoq is out and same price, i will probably go for the later

Hi,

I also desperate to enquire about skoda but their sale hotline sucks and read their service also ahem as well as questionable outside ws support.

Looked at the peice and was the final nail ..mycarforum organised and I signed but no response if got promo prices also din help.

Cheers.

Richard

https://www.subaru.asia/brochures/forester_specs_tw-en.pdf

I think is exactly same same I-S and I-L.

Ya pretty disappointed.not so much diff and the price so much diff with the old FNA.i hope is a marketing technique to clear the old stock...I been waiting for so long this model and the price hits me badly....tonight surely can’t sleep

From MI SG website, here is the different between i-S and i-L variants.

post-65725-0-92404500-1539616690_thumb.gif

• Praise 4

From MI SG website, here is the different between i-S and i-L variants.

Still awaiting for MI ago announce the price...hope for last minute miracle for promotioj

Still awaiting for MI ago announce the price...hope for last minute miracle for promotioj

me too, hoping for miracle. if i-S below $110k, I may consider.

me too, hoping for miracle. if i-S below $110k, I may consider.

Me too.i been waiting for this model.with the OMV of 17-18k, 118k of selling price,too much!!!!
  • Praise 1

Hi Bros, 

Read these comments of the new forester......a few questions/comments

1) No solar film on windscreen - this is a shocker! I once lived without a solar film before (due to changed cracked windscreen), the heat is significantly a lot higher and it's unbearable. I don't understand. If we install outside, why would it void warranty? 

2) It's not just cosmetics upgrade to 2019 Forester right? There is the Subaru Global Platform (SGP) ->> bigger interior, sturdier build also? Is the extra $23K worth this as well? 

3) No Apple Carplay/Android Auto?? I have been watching youtube reviews from USA, Australia, Taiwan - all these are standard across all trim levels. MI is really cutting cost is it? 
So, without Apple Carplay - Does Subaru Starlink have GPS Navigation, Bluetooth playing of songs from playlist on phone, handsfree phonecalls? Actually what's the infotainment offered then? 

Seems like the difference between 2018 and 2019 Forester is not much to justify the $23K. 

Cheers 

Seems like the difference between 2018 and 2019 Forester is not much to justify the $23K. 

Why shld MI (or any money making organisation) earn less profit for us?

It's our money. We buy what we think is worth our money. Else boycott the brand

Over here, Glen Tan cannot see your message.

• Praise 1

Hi Bros,

1) No solar film on windscreen - this is a shocker! I once lived without a solar film before (due to changed cracked windscreen), the heat is significantly a lot higher and it's unbearable. I don't understand. If we install outside, why would it void warranty?

2) It's not just cosmetics upgrade to 2019 Forester right? There is the Subaru Global Platform (SGP) ->> bigger interior, sturdier build also? Is the extra $23K worth this as well?

3) No Apple Carplay/Android Auto?? I have been watching youtube reviews from USA, Australia, Taiwan - all these are standard across all trim levels. MI is really cutting cost is it?

So, without Apple Carplay - Does Subaru Starlink have GPS Navigation, Bluetooth playing of songs from playlist on phone, handsfree phonecalls? Actually what's the infotainment offered then?

Cheers

For the design upgrade,is up to individuals to judge it.

But for the additional 23k without Apple CarPlay??i think it will be another big failure to them

(edited)

Hi Bros,

2) It's not just cosmetics upgrade to 2019 Forester right? There is the Subaru Global Platform (SGP) ->> bigger interior, sturdier build also? Is the extra $23K worth this as well?

So, without Apple Carplay - Does Subaru Starlink have GPS Navigation, Bluetooth playing of songs from playlist on phone, handsfree phonecalls? Actually what's the infotainment offered then?

Cheers

Hi SgC,

1) Do not believe will void MI warranty .. no part I can think of that is affected but this is relatively minor. More serious is the implication on insurance when you need to claim and standard position of insurers is to void claim due to "fitting of non standard modification to standard oem equipment" and hence I LL to give the imprezza 5D a miss and booked the mazda 6 exec with preferred and equitable eyesights for my wife since MI refused to take such risk and expect me to do so.

2) For me, this is just marketing BS .. sure may improve a abit but there is nothing wrong with the current FNA sj5 which they released 5 yrs ago except FXT ride is not stiffer, harder and more floaty to handle the increased power and terrain as designed.

3) No knowledge to share except that this is no big deal to me ... any sgd500-700 android headunit can do much more than apple carplay or android auto since these are still does not have full access to playstore.

For 23k, you do get new eyesight, new face recognition technology, memory seats etc. and some improvement in ride and nvh as well as satisfaction of latest release ..subjective but not in my opinion to betta 95k for FNA SJ5 especially with no solar film on front windscreen.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi SgC,

1) Do not believe will void MI warranty .. no part I can think of that is affected but this is relatively minor. More serious is the implication on insurance when you need to claim and standard position of insurers is to void claim due to "fitting of non standard modification to standard oem equipment" and hence I LL to give the imprezza 5D a miss and booked the mazda 6 exec with preferred and equitable eyesights for my wife since MI refused to take such risk and expect me to do so.

2) For me, this is just marketing BS .. sure may improve a abit but there is nothing wrong with the current FNA sj5 which they released 5 yrs ago except FXT ride is not stiffer, harder and more floaty to handle the increased power and terrain as designed.

3) No knowledge to share except that this is no big deal to me ... any sgd500-700 android headunit can do much more than apple carplay or android auto since these are still does not have full access to playstore.

For 23k, you do get new eyesight, new face recognition technology, memory seats etc. and some improvement in ride and nvh as well as satisfaction of latest release ..subjective but not in my opinion to betta 95k for FNA SJ5 especially with no solar film on front windscreen.

Cheers.

Richard

I think for #2, there may be some ride improvements based on the reviews I’ve seen. But of course it could be marketing gimmick at the end of the day.

But I guess, the launch of the new forester would effectively make the older model obsolete. So new mods/parts may be hard to come by in the future?

3) agreed with Richard on this. CarPlay and androidauto is no big deal la. I would rather get a crappy head unit, and upgrade to a better one later.

Anyway, the extra u pay, u also get TPMS(?), the latest multifunction display which looks way better than the old one, electronic brakes which releases more space on your console and rear Aircond vents.

Of course, eyesight is the main selling point. While it is a risk on insurance claim, if u tint ur car, I think this remains untested (whether insurer will void your claim).

• Praise 1

(edited)

I think for #2, there may be some ride improvements based on the reviews Iâve seen. But of course it could be marketing gimmick at the end of the day.

But I guess, the launch of the new forester would effectively make the older model obsolete. So new mods/parts may be hard to come by in the future?

3) agreed with Richard on this. CarPlay and androidauto is no big deal la. I would rather get a crappy head unit, and upgrade to a better one later.

Anyway, the extra u pay, u also get TPMS(?), the latest multifunction display which looks way better than the old one, electronic brakes which releases more space on your console and rear Aircond vents.

Of course, eyesight is the main selling point. While it is a risk on insurance claim, if u tint ur car, I think this remains untested (whether insurer will void your claim).

Hi eggroe,

Indeed. ..

However, you sure you want to install solar film and test out with 100k "investment" ? Especially when even MI making the profits with more legal experts than an individual owner would not do it ?

I did not want to and would not advise any owner to do so ... and this is speaking from personal experience with insurers.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi eggroe,

Indeed. ..

However, you sure you want to install solar film and test out with 100k "investment" ? Especially when even MI making the profits with more legal experts than an individual owner would not do it ?

I did not want to and would not advise any owner to do so ... and this is speaking from personal experience with insurers.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard.

I read in the XV thread (I think?) that as long as you let your insurer know in advance, they may be ok with it?

With that being said, I definitely wouldn’t want to risk it

Hi Richard.

I read in the XV thread (I think?) that as long as you let your insurer know in advance, they may be ok with it?

With that being said, I definitely wouldnât want to risk it ð

Touch wood, I havenât had any experiences with insurer, so I got no experience there. Hehehehe.

Hi eggroe,

Certainly ok if declared and documented with approved policy but had somehow missed the XV post .. this is good news but pls try to find link and I will do the same to share.

Trouble is that I tried and if ypu wish to declare exceptions online, AIG will not allow you to proceed and forces you to wait for agents to address your case. For asiadirect, it only allows you to declare hifi system up to 1k coverage and none to declare solar film.

Indeed this is good news if proven.

Cheers.

Richard

The new high pricing created a tough time for the potential buyer - new or old or other model. New model pricing shaves away a big junk of the VFM while buying the out-going model is against logic although the pricing looks attractive against the new model. Also, based on the new specs; the FC is worse than the current model. The new model pricing opens up the range of available alternatives.

Hi Guys,

Wonder if it is better to make a booking these few days or wait till Car Expo 27th?

Thanks for the advise.

If you buying new model, wait till Car Expo. Milk as much freebies as possible. 

Hi eggroe,

Certainly ok if declared and documented with approved policy but had somehow missed the XV post .. this is good news but pls try to find link and I will do the same to share.

Trouble is that I tried and if ypu wish to declare exceptions online, AIG will not allow you to proceed and forces you to wait for agents to address your case. For asiadirect, it only allows you to declare hifi system up to 1k coverage and none to declare solar film.

Indeed this is good news if proven.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard. I apologize for not being clear.

I meant, insurers may be ok if u declare (subject to their approval). But I think this remains untested, as far as I saw in the thread.

But since you have tested, I guess we have confirmation that it is not possible.

Sorry for miscommunication

↡ Advertisement