2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

(edited)

As usual, the new one is bigger than the outgoing one.

Hi Dach,

Indeed aka value proposition but hope new forester 2019 improves ride comfort even when compared to current fna which is much better than the fxt which somehow managed to be firm but yet soft to the extend of being floating and rolling which makes it not a comfortable ride at stock level.

However not hopeful since it is still designed to be more off road capable for US market than most SUV.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi Titanic,

Say and dream only ... keke !

But the soft leather wrapped raised center console faking BMW and soft plastic in the Mazda 6 are really quite nice ... even the fake leather dashboard is much betta than the harrier's.

Already re-leathered the rear seat with same sti red trim and did consider STI read theme in dash but unless someone can possibly hack into Subaru's software to selected Saab like red display on our colored LCD display which is basically white colored theme, it is a futile attempt.

Indeed no viable SUV for CO who now accepts this mazda6 sedan instead but it is quite big internally which help quite a bit against other tested 1.0 to 2.0L ride since it is more of the category of 2.0-2.5. I also offer her to take over my fxt since I really like the interior and guess back to just staying way behind taxi uncles then ... lol !!

Cheers,

Richard

Richard

New CX3 or 5?

New CX3 or 5?

Hi Dark,

Cx3 cannot .. a bit small and interior not nice even for premium trim. Those I see in Malaysia are much better. But engine is quiet and ridr is thr best cos I think same 2.0l to weight ratio is the best.

CX5 is significantly better at premium trim but engine is noiser than mazda6 since nearer into main and ride is not as compliant due to needed stiffer suspension set up .. the dash is also higher which wife dun like since it obstruct a bit of front view .. and no AED despite 13k more.

Hence mazda6 ...

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Dark,

Cx3 cannot .. a bit small and interior not nice even for premium trim. Those I see in Malaysia are much better. But engine is quiet and ridr is thr best cos I think same 2.0l to weight ratio is the best.

CX5 is significantly better at premium trim but engine is noiser than mazda6 since nearer into main and ride is not as compliant due to needed stiffer suspension set up .. the dash is also higher which wife dun like since it obstruct a bit of front view .. and no AED despite 13k more.

Hence mazda6 ...

Cheers.

Richard

I see. Going to do up the ICE after collection? Have you tuned up your FXT? Can't wait to sit in it again to try the sound quality.

• Praise 2

I see. Going to do up the ICE after collection? Have you tuned up your FXT? Can't wait to sit in it again to try the sound quality.

Hi Dark,

Think mazda6 will be stock since no heart to tear up unlike forester.

Should be better now but still struggling with usual imperfection ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Dark,

Think mazda6 will be stock since no heart to tear up unlike forester.

Should be better now but still struggling with usual imperfection ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Got to manage your expectations sia.

• Praise 2

Some PI brought in 2019 Levorg 2.0T 264hp, with eyesight at price175k,

therefore based on current FXT and FAN price difference, roughly concluded the 2019 FNA with eyesight price about 130k  :pissed-off:  

Edited by MQX87511
  • Praise 3

therefore based on current FXT and FAN price difference, roughly concluded the 2019 FNA with eyesight price about 130k :pissed-off:

I think a lot of FNA customers now too used to the low pricing/OMV of the car for quite some time already
  • Praise 3

(edited)

therefore based on current FXT and FAN price difference, roughly concluded the 2019 FNA with eyesight price about 130k :pissed-off:

Hi MXQ,

Got solar film by PI ?

Else if like this afternoon hot hot weather.. it will be keke !

Think 2019 fna more like 110-115k bah which is oreli 15 to 20k more than lelong 2016 fna at around 95k that is a great buy with only sgd3k for sports version.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

given new platform, ES tech, we should expect higher costs Edited by raikko
  • Praise 1

given new platform, ES tech, we should expect higher costs

Hi Bros for 2019 FNA,

Would also strongly recommend to stay with MI for such new platform who has access to latest fixes that eludes outside workshops.

Recall history for 2014+ SJ forester below:

http://australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=recalls&make=Subaru&model=Forester&gen=1114

Cheers,

Richard

I do not think MI will want to overprice 5th Gen Forester, knowing very well that such move will see their customers flocking to other car makes in the SUV category.  MI knows very well that 2.0L Forester will remain their best selling model in Singapore (e.g. versus Impreza or XV).  My guess is the new Forester will be priced $10k (plus or minus) than the current 4th Gen Forester.  The max. price limit/banding could be $15k?  Anyway, me and my brother are waiting for the October 2018 launch (hopefully) and get further discount for family purchase.

• Praise 4

therefore based on current FXT and FAN price difference, roughly concluded the 2019 FNA with eyesight price about 130k  :pissed-off:  

PI are not able to sale much Subaru in Singapore because MI eliminate the competition by importing cars with low OMV (Local fitting for Seats Leather, Alloys etc etc)  hence lower ARF and resulting in Significant lower total cost compared to PI. Forester 2019 launch Price should be around $105K - $108K  (Subjected to current  COE level)  

• Praise 3

(edited)

Hi bros,

Posted by bro thefalcon in 2015 forester thread but believe more apt here:

Enjoy and cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

I do not think MI will want to overprice 5th Gen Forester, knowing very well that such move will see their customers flocking to other car makes in the SUV category. MI knows very well that 2.0L Forester will remain their best selling model in Singapore (e.g. versus Impreza or XV). My guess is the new Forester will be priced $10k (plus or minus) than the current 4th Gen Forester. The max. price limit/banding could be $15k? Anyway, me and my brother are waiting for the October 2018 launch (hopefully) and get further discount for family purchase.

Hi JBboy,

Hope so but believe I am right since booked alternate new ride for wife oreli cos which <115k or +20k good size newly released 2.0l SUV with full eyesight safety suite, moon roof, electric driver seat etc. not withstanding AWD ? Did not find one and forester 2019 or MI has no competition.

That is unless buyers realised MI will not installed solar film due to limitation of eyesight safety suite and refused to act on it, leaving it to them to take up the risk, including violating insurer's policies.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

PI are not able to sale much Subaru in Singapore because MI eliminate the competition by importing cars with low OMV (Local fitting for Seats Leather, Alloys etc etc)  hence lower ARF and resulting in Significant lower total cost compared to PI. Forester 2019 launch Price should be around $105K - $108K  (Subjected to current  COE level)  

Plus Subaru can give lower price to fit what Spore market can bear for Forester.

Common practice by manufacturers to price their export  differently for different countries - eg. same toiletries by P&G priced differently in different countries

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1