2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Plus Subaru can give lower price to fit what Spore market can bear for Forester.

Common practice by manufacturers to price their export differently for different countries - eg. same toiletries by P&G priced differently in different countries

Hu jg2000,

Think not likely .. PI had not done so in the past and no reason to do it now.

Seems PI only bring in most popular like vezel, chr, freed etc. or high end BMW, merc etc. and other than recent lelong of fna, subarus are dun seems to be as popular.

Harrier is that only mid level car that seems to be an exception and cannot see the new forester 2019 acheiving the same.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

PI are not able to sale much Subaru in Singapore because MI eliminate the competition by importing cars with low OMV (Local fitting for Seats Leather, Alloys etc etc)  hence lower ARF and resulting in Significant lower total cost compared to PI. Forester 2019 launch Price should be around $105K - $108K  (Subjected to current  COE level)  

Bro, sounds like you know some insider stuff?  [;)]

Hi Raikko,

Maybe bro Mann works at MI's Loyang assembly plant or near it .. keke !

Cheers.

Richard

haha not like that bro Richard and Raikko

Once i had a thought to self import car from Japan and i got price list for various car make from 2 Japanese dealers. Price list also had Forester cost. 

Singapore Custom shows Forester FNA OMV only SGD 13500 whereas Japan dealer quote was SGD 28600 approx (OMV should be approx SGD 23000 as per Japan factory invoice excluding dealer margin). Singapore custom consider OMV as factory invoice so there should be some reason how MI get almost half the OMV i.e. trim the vehicle on most possible basic/bare version and import and install things locally. PI cant do the same because technically they can only buy De-register cars from Japan re-sellers (Dealer) and not from factory.

So even if we self import then cost is high compared to MI, forget about PI can import and make profit. At the same time Honda/Toyota self import saving was S$5 to S$15K depend on different Models.  PI only can sell Subaru model which is not available with MI at present and someone willing to pay premium to get that Model faster.

So yes MI eliminate competition from the root i.e. cost haha. 
  • Praise 3

Once i had a thought to self import car from Japan and i got price list for various car make from 2 Japanese dealers. Price list also had Forester cost.

Singapore Custom shows Forester FNA OMV only SGD 13500 whereas Japan dealer quote was SGD 28600 approx (OMV should be approx SGD 23000 as per Japan factory invoice excluding dealer margin). Singapore custom consider OMV as factory invoice so there should be some reason how MI get almost half the OMV i.e. trim the vehicle on most possible basic/bare version and import and install things locally. PI cant do the same because technically they can only buy De-register cars from Japan re-sellers (Dealer) and not from factory.

So even if we self import then cost is high compared to MI, forget about PI can import and make profit. At the same time Honda/Toyota self import saving was S$5 to S$15K depend on different Models. PI only can sell Subaru model which is not available with MI at present and someone willing to pay premium to get that Model faster.

Hi bro Mann,

And I continue to learn from bros' sharing here ... tks and appreciates.

Cheers.

Richard

So even if we self import then cost is high compared to MI, forget about PI can import and make profit. At the same time Honda/Toyota self import saving was S$5 to S$15K depend on different Models.  PI only can sell Subaru model which is not available with MI at present and someone willing to pay premium to get that Model faster.

Hahaha! Bro Mann, you are absolutely 100% right. ;)

• Praise 1

Besides trimming down features to sell at lower cost to Singapore, Subaru can also choose to just have a lower profit margin just to sell more cars in Spore and perhaps to make MI happy since MI is a big regional customer for them (covering greater china and SEA).

Not uncommon for MNCs to price differently for different countries. 

• Praise 2

Hi Chong,

Indeed and for those who tasted AWD, hard to go back at some crazy prices.

Cheers.

Richard

I agreed with you, with electrification, permanent mechanical AWD may soon be gone

I agreed with you, with electrification, permanent mechanical AWD may soon be gone ð­

Hi Chong,

Electrification as with 100% electric car ? Think this will not happen in a country with 90% of population staying in apartments .. just govt needing to demo participation in such technological advances unless after next 50 yrs with exhaustion of crude oil which most of us wun see liao ... keke !

Frankly, all should already have moved to hybrid years ago to slow down usage but too much at stake with politics and commerce despite finite crude oil that all are aware.

Btw, both hybrid and electrical have the advantage of better braking performance with basically dynamo for regenerative chargeback .. not unlike engine braking.

Cheers.

Richard

swee.... but is it coming SIN??

choice, but the new 2.4-liter turbocharged boxer four-cylinder's 260 horsepower and 277 pound-feet of torque turned out to be more than potent enough for family-car duty during a day of driving around the tree-lined two-lanes of western Oregon.

The claimed 45-to-65 (104kmhr) mile-per-hour time of 9.8 seconds is satisfactory, but counting to 10 Mississippi seems awfully long when you're trying to pass an aging Winnebago on a two-lane where the Silverado barreling towards you seems to be closing 

Hi Nilatio,

Do not believe coming to Singapore and at least had not heard such confirmation by MI

Was lusting at 2.4l with 376Nm 260bhp vs my fxt with 350Nm 240bhp for a while but read also 9.8 seconds which make it no longer interesting since no into MPV with grown up children.

Cheers,

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi bros,

These reviews sing praises for the new 2019 sk forester eapecially on ride comfort and handling:

https://www.carguide.ph/2018/08/no-turbo-no-problem-can-2019-subaru.html?m=1

https://www.carguide.ph/2018/08/9-things-about-2019-subaru-forester-you.html?m=1

Enjoy and cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-72844300-1537019163_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

choice, but the new 2.4-liter turbocharged boxer four-cylinder's 260 horsepower and 277 pound-feet of torque turned out to be more than potent enough for family-car duty during a day of driving around the tree-lined two-lanes of western Oregon.

The claimed 45-to-65 (104kmhr) mile-per-hour time of 9.8 seconds is satisfactory, but counting to 10 Mississippi seems awfully long when you're trying to pass an aging Winnebago on a two-lane where the Silverado barreling towards you seems to be closing 

Hi Nilatio,

Do not believe coming to Singapore and at least had not heard such confirmation by MI

Was lusting at 2.4l with 376Nm 260bhp vs my fxt with 350Nm 240bhp for a while but read also 9.8 seconds which make it no longer interesting since no into MPV with grown up children.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks Bro. Ya will be unfortunate if they don't bring in to Singapore. Tick most of the boxes that I look for... believe will be a hot seller if they do bring it in and price it right... well.... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1