2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Price is out!

I-L ES $111,800

I-S ES $118,800

Only 2.0L and ... no apple CarPlay ð¤¦ââï¸

Wow. If this is true, I think the remaining FNA is going to be snapped up in no time!!

Just wondering, what’s your source?

• Praise 1

Wow. If this is true, I think the remaining FNA is going to be snapped up in no time!!

Just wondering, whatâs your source?

Of cos I true la bro or else I won’t simply mention here

maybe it is MI intention to clear old stock  [laugh]  [thumbsup]

Of cos I true la bro or else I wonât simply mention here ð.Is provided by my SE as I been following this model for long.

Hahaha. So, going for the old forester then?

Btw, I was tracking forester historical price. I think price went down a month after it’s first launch. So maybe this is the case too? (So that people will plunge into the old forester)

U got the specs of the SG version?

Hahaha. So, going for the old forester then?

Btw, I was tracking forester historical price. I think price went down a month after itâs first launch. So maybe this is the case too? (So that people will plunge into the old forester)

U got the specs of the SG version?

No bro he forgot.but he told me The is top spec with sunroof.i think is exactly as Taiwan version as they have same variants as here.i almost pay the deposit to book now I think I may wait and see first.i think most likely ppl will go for old FNA

Surprised with the high new pricing(+$17K?!), was expecting $100K to $105K max. Unless there is a very substantial increase in the declared OMV, it must be a ploy to clear 2018 old stock & the XV. Am disappointed, guess have to start looking at alternatives all over again..... :a-whiteflag:

• Praise 1

Surprised with the high new pricing(+$17K?!), was expecting $100K to $105K max. Unless there is a very substantial increase in the declared OMV, it must be a ploy to clear 2018 old stock & the XV. Am disappointed, guess have to start looking at alternatives all over again..... :a-whiteflag:

no need to start looking alternatives, just wait for 2-3 months, price should come down drastically [;)]

https://www.subaru.asia/brochures/forester_specs_tw-en.pdf

I think is exactly same same I-S and I-L.

Ya pretty disappointed.not so much diff and the price so much diff with the old FNA.i hope is a marketing technique to clear the old stock...I been waiting for so long this model and the price hits me badly....tonight surely canât sleep

I’m sure it’s a gimmick. Should come off after a few months if u can hold off your purchase (assuming COE doesn’t go up).

But I like the new MFD. looks so much better!! If only can upgrade he old FNA to that. Hehe.

Anyway, assuming it’s exactly the same, u get quite a fair bit of lifestyle improvements.

1. Eyesight

2. Blind spot detection

3. Rear cross traffic detection

4. Drivers memory seat function

5. Bigger HU with Harmon Kardon?

But, what the heck is an auto tailgate with memory function?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Price is out!

I-L ES $111,800

I-S ES $118,800

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the share and guess not unexpected at 112k as predicted months ago up till last 2 weeks against wishing thinking of then potential buyers compared to previous fna at about 90-95k ... some hoping for <100k infact.

But what does the presumably sports version of 119k include ? Last fna sports clearance was 3k nia and a whole host of goodies including fxt from bumper, expensive sports grill, sti components etc.

Btw, still no solar film on front windscreen by MI or they now take over the risks with insurers for owners ?

TIA and cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

Wait for a few months.

Prices might drop.

Hi Dach,

It should especially seemingly lelong time by other ADs and ample COEs coupled with seemingly uncertainties in economy situation with trade wars of the big boys .. MI typically creams new launch buyers unlike other e.g. autokar with their lowered launch price of <100k for mazda 6.

Futhermore with not so hot review and bigger windscreen without solar film due to eyesight when more potential buyers realised .. however, at least their omv with eyesight included cannot be too low like even my fxt at 17k nia.

Will be interesting to see especially with year end bonus coming and typical rush for CNY but if you look harder at alternatives, there is still not many if any as I found when searching for the replacement SUV for qashqai 1.2l that is still more expensive despite all its issues.... think MI can be more sure when hybrid is launched which will at least have some excitement being the first but will not be cheap also.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

maybe it is MI intention to clear old stock [laugh][thumbsup]

Hi Jp,

Not likely .. MI did not have much old stock as they are wary also of launch of this sk5 version.

Cheers.

Richard

(edited)

Just wondering, whatâs your source?

Hi Eggroe,

Good for existing forester owners then especially for those who just booked or pending collection.

At the least, this is not the case of PA who pushed their A3 1.0 sedan at 119k and only to launch 1.4 version at 5k more nia which made existing owners blurred and upset since 1.0 version will be pushed down in value.

With this case of MI, it is still at least up to potential buyers to consider alternatives ... $ in pocket is king and $ out of pocket can only play pocket billiards .. lol !

If I have the choice and time on my side, I would wait for launch of the hybrid especially since boxer engine and leisure 2.0l of NA forester is not exactly FC friendly but with good size cabin that is great for the family.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Price is out!

I-L ES $111,800

I-S ES $118,800

When 1.6L Turbo Levorg is out, i was hoping that the next generation Forester will come with such engine as Tuson so as to cut down the road tax, insurance and probably FC than their current old model. To my disappointment this doesnt materialize
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1