2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Did ask about the OMV. The estimate is 16K, which I think is not high.

Hi Zach,

Tks for the share ... ok I guess, fna sj5 is about 14k and my fxt at listed price of 125k 1 yr ago was <17k .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi Mann,

And no solar film albiet got eyeight and many other features which are quite nice.

Cheers.

Richard

yeah, have to keep sunscreen, sunglasses permanent in the car  ;)

post-179688-0-65522400-1539063416_thumb.jpg

Hi Richard,

Yes i am comparing to list price as every buyer's discount might varies.

While waiting for the launch, i also came across Taiwan list price.

https://www.subaru.asia/tw/assets/promos/sales/20181002/info_zh.pdf?id=htjt3

19 2.0 i-L ES is priced lower than 2018 XV 2.0i-S ES.

Wow.. so XV is abt the same level as Forester?

Meaning there's a chance the new Forester will be priced around 105k?  Assuming current XV price + 10K VES.

• Praise 2

At this price, best is to hold and wait for the price to come down after New Model Hype 

or buy current FNA and save 23K which is substantial savings

At 118K people may start looking at alternative brands which have less insurance, a better brand image for resale value and less road tax (1.4T, 1.5T, 1.6T)

I wanted to go for forester 2019 but now i would like to hold for the price drop after hype or compare with other brands with similar pricing. SGD 23K difference is too sharp to handle for cosmetic improvements haha 

At 118k, if dun really need AWD, Hyundai Tucson might be a good alternative to look at.

It's improved over the existing model:

- soft material instead of hard plastic

- equivilant of eye sight, but can do solar film

- wireless hp charging

- CP / AA

- rear aircon vent

- adaptive cruise control

- got 1.6T and sunroof variant

• Praise 4

Meaning there's a chance the new Forester will be priced around 105k?  Assuming current XV price + 10K VES.

If i am not wrong Forester 2019 also fall under Neutral VES band (B).  Also, some bro here confirmed OMV is only 16K so they priced high to in-cash new model premium

XV is valued low because of less demand in SG.  If 2019 Forester got VES Neutral and OMV 16K then there is high chances list price can come down to $100K to $107K for different trims (Subject to COE remain same)

(edited)

At 118k, if dun really need AWD, Hyundai Tucson might be a good alternative to look at.

It's improved over the existing model:

- soft material instead of hard plastic

- equivilant of eye sight, but can do solar film

- wireless hp charging

- CP / AA

- rear aircon vent

- adaptive cruise control

- got 1.6T and sunroof variant

Hi record,

Diesel only which I wun recommend unless into part time grab for >300k km/10 yrs, right ?

Quite nice but think petrol bo liao .. next alternative ??

Cheers.

Richard

If i am not wrong Forester 2019 also fall under Neutral VES band (B). Also, some bro here confirmed OMV is only 16K so they priced high to in-cash new model premium

XV is valued low because of less demand in SG. If 2019 Forester got VES Neutral and OMV 16K then there is high chances list price can come down to $100K to $107K for different trims (Subject to COE remain same)

Hi Mann,

Think different categories .. XV to Forester is vios to altis .. not only because low demand.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Ford,

It is vios and altis.

Cheers,

Richard

If OMV is 16K then there is enough room for price drop :)

Hi Mann,

As mentioned, my fxt was 125k and OMV is <17 ... may drop when more potential buyers shun away after realisation of MI not putting solar film on window screen ... lol !!

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi record,

Diesel only which I wun recommend unless into part time grab for >300k km/10 yrs, right ?

Quite nice but think petrol bo liao .. next alternative ??

Cheers.

Richard

No leh. Tucson is not only diesel. In fact, most of the Tucsons sold here are petrol. The new facelift that has just been advertised, is also only petrol, with 1.6 turbo and 2.0 variants.

• Praise 1

No leh. Tucson is not only diesel. In fact, most of the Tucsons sold here are petrol. The new facelift that has just been advertised, is also only petrol, with 1.6 turbo and 2.0 variants.

Yes Tucson only Peteol.

1.6 Turbo engine is more powerful and puchy and no CVT right.

Not sure about the interior of facelift Tucson because before facelift interior was plastic and abit dull.

Maybe Richard mix this with Kia Sorento diesel :p

• Praise 1

Yes Tucson only Peteol.

Not sure about the interior of facelift Tucson because before facelift interior was plastic and abit dull.

Hi Record/Mann,

Oops ... thanks for the correction .. paiseh paiseh  [confused]

Was indeed somehow misread that Tucson was diesel and yes, Kia Sorento that flies around was partly the reason for thinking so.

Did not read too much into Hyundai when looking around for 1.5/1.6 turbo petrol as a result :(

Bo bian liao and just have to tell myself mazda 6 executive is a better choice ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Record/Mann,

Oops ... thanks for the correction .. paiseh paiseh  [confused]

Was indeed somehow misread that Tucson was diesel and yes, Kia Sorento that flies around was partly the reason for thinking so.

Did not read too much into Hyundai when looking around for 1.5/1.6 turbo petrol as a result :(

Bo bian liao and just have to tell myself mazda 6 executive is a better choice ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Tucson did have a 2.0 diesel, alongside 2.0 and 2.0 Sunroof, both of which are petrol. Then there is 1.6 turbo (also petrol).

I was told mazda 6 is a good car, so you shouldn't regret.

But just that one is a exec sedan, the forester/tucson is a SUV leh... In a sense, not exactly fair to compare them.

Yes Tucson only Peteol.

yah, 1.6 turbo of Tucson is DCT. Many like it as it's very responsive.

I haven't seen the FL, but read that it's now soft materials (like xtrail) and no longer hard plastic inside. And hyundai is putting the Qi wireless charger inside too, so there's some improvement.

wonder how the forester will fare inside.

such a tough decision to make, no sunroof for the I-L ES version is such a waste...should go for the current version or wait for I-S ES price to drop? If not drop how? hahaha

• Praise 2

such a tough decision to make, no sunroof for the I-L ES version is such a waste...should go for the current version or wait for I-S ES price to drop? If not drop how? hahaha

AD set the price, we decide to buy or not ;)

There is  non-significant improvement in engine department so if cosmetic improvement and eyesight are not deal breaker for you then current FNA will be the best buy. SGD 23K is a huge difference.  $23K will be good enough for next 5-year fuel, home n office parking ;) 

Less loan, less liability, less stress haha :)

Edited by Mann123

Aren't those eyesights and cameras in all high tech cars already stick on the windscreen?

Surely the exposed part of the windscreen can paste solar film right? Just need to cut-out where the cameras are. No?

https://imgur.com/a/uuzqer9

Edited by Jwee85
  • Praise 2

Aren't those eyesights and cameras in all high tech cars already stick on the windscreen?

Surely the exposed part of the windscreen can paste solar film right? Just need to cut-out where the cameras are. No?

Different brands, different technology.

Subaru’s eyesight does no directly touches the windscreen. Maybe this is so that it can have a wider angle? Or perhaps it’s to separate the two components

I.e. if windscreen crack, for subbies, you just need to replace windscreen and recalibrate the eyesight. Other brands, you need to make sure it has proper contact with the windscreen? Just a theory

• Praise 2

I probably will be going for the old version.

The lack of solar film on the windscreen is a major turnoff.  17K more but no sunroof and still no rear aircon.

Only need the car in Dec, so probably will wait till after 26 Oct, hoping the price for the old Forester drops abit.

• Praise 2

I probably will be going for the old version.

The lack of solar film on the windscreen is a major turnoff. 17K more but no sunroof and still no rear aircon.

Only need the car in Dec, so probably will wait till after 26 Oct, hoping the price for the old Forester drops abit.

If by then Skoda Karoq is out and same price, i will probably go for the later
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1