2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Hello, hope to get some advice from fellow members on below:

1. Roughly how much would it cost to retrieve the aftermarket audio equipment from car before scrap. The items are HU, CD player, speakers & Amp.

2. Recommend a good ICE shop at the East side.

3. Recommended audio upgrade for 2018 Forester. Not an audiophile but enjoy nice songs whilst driving.

Thanks in advance.

Ard $100 - $150... east side alot of shops .. xtremez, audio solution, foon etc

Putting it back to the new car... is another thing..

Edited by Budgetice
↡ Advertisement

The price difference is 17k for lower spec. i-L version versus current FNA. For the front windscreen solar tint, although Motor Image does not provide/approve this item, I plan to put-up high quality solar tint, e.g. V-Kool or Llumar, which in my opinion, should not affect the Eye-Sight operation. In a way, I am taking some sort of calculated risk myself. Also, the kerb weight difference between current FNA and i-L is only 13 kg, but the 0 to 100 km/h acceleration is 11.8 secs. and 10.3 secs. respectively. Anyway, i-S model is much heavier than i-L with the sun-roof. Finally, I understand that more buyers go for i-S than the lower spec. but cheaper i-L.

• Praise 1

Hi bros,

Collected wife's white mazda 6 executive 2.0 and tot just sharing initial findings:

Pros:

- Champion hidden headup display with speed, road speed limit and most importantly, wonderful bsm warning included .. very nice !

- Indeed FC is very good at 7l+/100km and correct by bros here on 2.0 or 2.5 NA ... betta than qashqai 1.2 turbo and certainly the 8km/1 or 12l+/100km of my fxt

- visibility is good with nice interior ... soft touch leather wrap center console and parts of doors

- getting in and out is fine as compared to preferred SUV

- not floaty or unsettling like stock fxt but also firm like some conti

Cons:

- stock dvr cam blocks half the windscreen .. need to slim type

- not for spirited driving .. engine is vocal when pushed

- wind noise and road noise are apparent .. not helped by sporty bridgestones turanza tyres which I guess grips well

- coming from android headunit with googlemap, waze etc., nav sucks big time and deemed almost unuseable

This is in comparison with my soundproofed fxt .. and overall a great buy still for my wife with notable good FC with safety gadgetries (but with solar film on windscreen unlike subaru cars with eyesights which is a joke by MI to ask buyers to do at their own risks if wanting it) at a good price of 108-109k

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Bros ... quick question which I cannot find anywhere about the local unit ... does the NEW Forester come with Apple Carplay? The Apple website says Yes but not the MI website ... can someone clarify?

For SG market, MI is providing Panasonic head unit (I believe it’s cost reason). There is no Apple Car Play.

Starlink by Subaru USA comes Apple Car Play.

• Praise 1

For SG market, MI is providing Panasonic head unit (I believe it’s cost reason). There is no Apple Car Play.

Starlink by Subaru USA comes Apple Car Play.

Hi JBboy,

Same same with the mazda 6 2.0 executive that I just collected with my wife ... no apple car play for local version from Eurokar and not only MI  :(

Again, love the mazda's hidden headup display with speed limit, speed of travel, bsm, lane departure etc. in sharp sharp manner even in bright noon sun without those aftermarket stick on windscreen  :)

Found new toy of walk away auto door lock which is also cool !  :) x2

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Drove-by Subaru car warehouse @Lok Yang Road, along AYE from Tuas. Saw several new 5th Gen Forester lining-up on the tarmac, making ready for delivery. Very soon, new Forester will be running on Singapore roads.

At the showroom today & just to share intel.

Observed the SEs were pushing the old Forester much more aggressively than the latest model. The pitching message was VFM (actually it sounded to me they were kind of saying the new model is over-priced even with the new upgrades). Understand the old stock count is currently about 100+ & Silver has the highest stock level.

Observed the SEs were pushing the old Forester much more aggressively than the latest model. The pitching message was VFM (actually it sounded to me they were kind of saying the new model is over-priced even with the new upgrades). Understand the old stock count is currently about 100+ & Silver has the highest stock level.

How much they are selling the old Forester?

Subaru trademark pricing is.. when there are no stock they will price high.. once stock in.. they try to lelong.

Maybe those waiting for new FNA, should wait for lelong.

• Praise 2

After carshow up $1k price... Free Bodykit promo also not willing to extend till next day, even confirmed signing buyers also wun entertain, of course left 100+ in the warehse ... 

Hearsay the 2019 is not selling well and need to be registered by end Dec... GL MI

I just test drove the 2019 2.0 I.S FNA at lengkee..

Not very impressed with the whole car somehow.. yes its more comfortable but the NA engine really quite loud on acceleration.

SE also didnt really bother to explain the car features etc.. i had to prompt like “oh so what is this eye sight features etc” then just say abit here and there.

Edited by Rayoflight
  • Praise 1

I just test drove the 2019 2.0 I.S FNA at lengkee..

Not very impressed with the whole car somehow.. yes its more comfortable but the NA engine really quite loud on acceleration.

SE also didnt really bother to explain the car features etc.. i had to prompt like “oh so what is this eye sight features etc” then just say abit here and there.

Tested both the old and new FNA, TBH, the old one feels more nimble and a much smaller car. The new FNA really feels much bigger (maybe the illusion by the boxier hood). Never drove a Subaru before, the steering feels light, a bit too light coming from a old Honda CRV user. Too many buttons around, will need some time to get us to i guess. Maybe the new FNA will only shine in poor condition with its new chassis.. SG road dont think we can enjoy it much.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1