2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

@wirerat, the listed price was 115800 (inclusive of finance loan discount of 2.5k and in-house insurance discount of 400).

The following discounts were given:-

- trade-in car discount (3k)

- 8 bids non-guarantee COE (5k)

- Promo/Accessories (1k)
Total: 106800 (not inclusive of insurance)

*will come with blackvue 590 (non-WiFi) dash cam (stated worth 400), ranger lite kit (stated worth 2k) and 5 years Or 100k km service (stated worth 3.5k)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

On 10/20/2019 at 5:46 PM, Wai437 said:

@wirerat, the listed price was 115800 (inclusive of finance loan discount of 2.5k and in-house insurance discount of 400).

The following discounts were given:-

- trade-in car discount (3k)

- 8 bids non-guarantee COE (5k)

- Promo/Accessories (1k)
Total: 106800 (not inclusive of insurance)

*will come with blackvue 590 (non-WiFi) dash cam (stated worth 400), ranger lite kit (stated worth 2k) and 5 years Or 100k km service (stated worth 3.5k)

Every good price. 2.0S or 2.0i trim?

Neutral Newbie

need help folks! in the parking lot, shift "P" to "D" or "R" mode, if ground has incline and not even, the car move forward a bit then stuck, means totally stop. I need depress gas pedal a bit to move out the parking lot. I tested on even ground , no such problem is it normal?

On 7/23/2019 at 7:33 PM, Tohto said:

Subaru only turbo is good.

Hybrid can forget about it.

Hi Tohto,

Guess not new but just in case on Jan 2020 article on e boxer:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1423

Cannot add on to your comment after reading this 😞

"With this combination, you probably expect a nice power bump. But at 156bhp and 188Nm of torque, it makes 3bhp more, but 7Nm less than its petrol-powered sibling"

Cheers,

Richard

On 1/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Tohto,

Guess not new but just in case on Jan 2020 article on e boxer:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1423

Cannot add on to your comment after reading this 😞

"With this combination, you probably expect a nice power bump. But at 156bhp and 188Nm of torque, it makes 3bhp more, but 7Nm less than its petrol-powered sibling"

Cheers,

Richard

don't think it really adds up that way.... the batt is supposed to have abt 13bhp if I remember correctly? also it should be 250Nm cannot be 188Nm lah... even petrol 2L has 200Nm. the 50Nm bump is useful. but in most reviews the petrol consumption would reduce significantly since batt capacity is small unlike the PHEV version in US

• Praise 1

On 1/9/2020 at 12:13 PM, Lava said:

is it the "f**kS" (forester ultimate customised kit special) edition?:grin::grin::grin:

forester.JPG

the interesting thing is how did they add the rear 2pot caliper? since it's difficult to do with the electronic brake.... or did they remove the e-brake? I took some pics but can't tell... even pro-Subaru workshops didn't really wanna tinker with rear brake for the newer Subarus...

GT edition - if anyone considering between this and a non-GT version, just take note also that the GT rims are actually flushed with the car body compared to normal version which are about 1" inside fender. flush looks nicer (though of cos more prone to kerb rash since car effectively wider where it can contact 😂)

seems like GT rim is wider though still riding on same tyre model (which is quite good really, Bridgestone DUELER H/P Sports)

1 hour ago, Sarion said:

GT edition - if anyone considering between this and a non-GT version, just take note also that the GT rims are actually flushed with the car body compared to normal version which are about 1" inside fender. flush looks nicer (though of cos more prone to kerb rash since car effectively wider where it can contact 😂)

seems like GT rim is wider though still riding on same tyre model (which is quite good really, Bridgestone DUELER H/P Sports)

GT edition looks nice, but still has the disappointing and lethargic 2.0L engine, which makes the car anything but a GT, beyond just the name. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I have been driving a Forester since Sep2019. I have encountered 2 periods of time when white smoke come out of the exhaust in the morning on cold start. First period was about Dec2019, for a week but not everyday. And now, for the past 2weeks, it's everyday. I have sent in the car twice and both times, the staff explained that it is due to water condensation. I am concern because the occurrence is now daily and the white smoke last for more than 5mins. May I know if any one has similar experience? Thanks

1 hour ago, Battmann said:

Hi, I have been driving a Forester since Sep2019. I have encountered 2 periods of time when white smoke come out of the exhaust in the morning on cold start. First period was about Dec2019, for a week but not everyday. And now, for the past 2weeks, it's everyday. I have sent in the car twice and both times, the staff explained that it is due to water condensation. I am concern because the occurrence is now daily and the white smoke last for more than 5mins. May I know if any one has similar experience? Thanks

only in the morning cold start? check your coolant if there is engine oil inside.

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Earthboy said:

only in the morning cold start? check your coolant if there is engine oil inside.

Yes, only morning cold start. I have been checking each time I start the car, at different time of the day, for the last 2 weeks.

I am not quite sure where is the coolant, although I have some idea. *paiseh* But I will check.

Thanks

i've seen white smoke coming out of the forester exhaust in the mornings, both in the carpark on on the roads.

pretty new car too with SMK carplate. 

↡ Advertisement