2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

i've seen white smoke coming out of the forester exhaust in the mornings, both in the carpark on on the roads.

pretty new car too with SMK carplate. 

Maybe that's me...haaa...but it's quite concerning when it's daily for more than 2 weeks

Edited by Battmann
Extend reply
↡ Advertisement

On 3/5/2020 at 6:14 PM, Battmann said:

Maybe that's me...haaa...but it's quite concerning when it's daily for more than 2 weeks

Bukit panjang area? 

On 3/5/2020 at 4:03 PM, Battmann said:

Yes, only morning cold start. I have been checking each time I start the car, at different time of the day, for the last 2 weeks.

I am not quite sure where is the coolant, although I have some idea. *paiseh* But I will check.

Thanks

Hi Battman,

Common and everyday when I looked for it in the colder mornings  .. have bigger kakimoto tailpipe finish that even collect water droplets (and soots) and no exceptional coolant being depleted.

Subaru technicians did not "smoke" you ... this time and no worry unless also throwing smoke at noon time.

Cheers.

Richard

Screenshot_20200309-095844_Drive.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
13 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Battman,

Common and everyday when I looked for it in the colder mornings  .. have bigger kakimoto tailpipe finish that even collect water droplets (and soots) and no exceptional coolant being depleted.

Subaru technicians did not "smoke" you ... this time and no worry unless also throwing smoke at noon time.

Cheers.

Richard

Screenshot_20200309-095844_Drive.jpg

Thanks Richard. But I am experiencing during warm mornings too. Just that it is lesser smoke. And still last for more than 5mins.

18 hours ago, Battmann said:

Thanks Richard. But I am experiencing during warm mornings too. Just that it is lesser smoke. And still last for more than 5mins.

Hi Battmann,

Sorry to hear .. unfortunately no experience then.

Hope you can see if indeed coolant as someone advised or eo level dropping usually fast which then help understand the cause(s)n to fix asap.

If not mist from typical morning cold air, it has to be something else like coolant or eo.

Cheers,

Richard

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Battmann,

Sorry to hear .. unfortunately no experience then.

Hope you can see if indeed coolant as someone advised or eo level dropping usually fast which then help understand the cause(s)n to fix asap.

If not mist from typical morning cold air, it has to be something else like coolant or eo.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks. Will check.

Neutral Newbie
On 3/10/2020 at 9:14 PM, Battmann said:

Thanks. Will check.

Finally managed to checked the coolant, which seem fine. But I noticed there's actually water droplets at the edge of the exhaust even in the middle of a hot day, like today.  Is that normal? I am wondering where did the water droplets come from, when the weather is so hot.  Any advice?

IMG_20200313_165337.jpg

3 hours ago, Battmann said:

Finally managed to checked the coolant, which seem fine. But I noticed there's actually water droplets at the edge of the exhaust even in the middle of a hot day, like today.  Is that normal? I am wondering where did the water droplets come from, when the weather is so hot.  Any advice?

IMG_20200313_165337.jpg

Aiya, no worries la, your Car healthy la. 

when engine run with Vapor  atmosphere are you see steam at exhaust pipe and condensation take place, water droplets  found.

mostly engines with serviceable pistons rings will has this droplets which is steam.

fuel and air burn during compression inside piston and water vapor turn in steam and discharged there.

these steam usually happen morning or place with high humidity.  

If found, blue smoke meaning your piston rings up lorry liao.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
14 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

EO, Fuel that you used and coolant play a part, however since car is new, let it run for 1K then decide

Thanks Meanmachine. And I have the car for 6 months already

Edited by Battmann

If you have water vapour coming out from your pipe.

it mean your engine is very good,

it has achieve complete combustion or stoichiometric combustion.

blue n black smoke is the one that you do not want to see

On 3/13/2020 at 5:01 PM, Battmann said:

IMG_20200313_165337.jpg

is normal as combustion chemical resultant you getting CO2 and H20 plus others...