2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

55 minutes ago, bovi said:

wonder why OMV of forester IS is $20k vs $29K on the rav4. forester has a lot more features & electronics. anyone know the answer?

@SiLangKia laughing because less than expected? 12 speakers, really nice. how many does the Forester IS have?

laughing cos too little power haha, but in all honesty shld be ok for sg roads la

Forester i-S and i-L have 6 speakers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
9 hours ago, bovi said:

wonder why OMV of forester IS is $20k vs $29K on the rav4. forester has a lot more features & electronics. anyone know the answer?

@SiLangKia laughing because less than expected? 12 speakers, really nice. how many does the Forester IS have?

Subaru car many items are locally installed. Not factory installed.

MI just brought the parts in as spare part and installed here.

• Praise 2

Subarus are popular SUVs in America because of the full-time AWD and the X-mode which makes helps driving in the muddy, snowy and hilly terrain they have in the countryside. They also come with the 2.5l engine and not the 2L we see here.

I am satisfied with the 2L engine model as I have a sedate driving style. Else I would probably have gone for the FXT. If I want a little more oomph, I select 'S' drive. Not really very powerful but enough to pull away from the pack if need to.

• Praise 3

So powerful for what.?

Step on throttle and go fast on a straight road is a no brainer. 

front wheel drive, rear wheel drive plus powerful engine  go too fast with no formal training will still skid n spin n RIP

A car that is safe and comfortable to drive is most important. AWD is always a class up in Good traction to improve safety margin.

Premum  BBA are AWD also right? No?

@SiLangKia haha true, no turbo yet already 10k VES surcharge 0.0. come June become 15k VES surcharge. Just realised it's 2.5l somemore lol.

that's why they brought in mild hybrid Forester again, i think it was MIA for awhile. likely will replace the i-S variant. 1 SE i met didn't even both to tell me the mild hybrid coming in soon Zzzz till i met another. Heng nv get.

Edited by bovi

@Tohto thanks for that insight. very surprised can locally fit all these features and that it won't add to OMV. i-S $20k omv, mild hybrid $25k omv (arf 7k more) but price just $2k more. seems no brainer, unless mild hybrid has poor reliability? 8 year battery warranty I think.

• Praise 1

On 4/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, bovi said:

@Tohto thanks for that insight. very surprised can locally fit all these features and that it won't add to OMV. i-S $20k omv, mild hybrid $25k omv (arf 7k more) but price just $2k more. seems no brainer, unless mild hybrid has poor reliability? 8 year battery warranty I think.

I have been driving the mild hybrid for a few months now. I don't have any complaints but these are a few things you need to know.

1. The fuel tank is small. It is 48L vs the normal Forester which is 63L. Although the e-boxer FC is better (only by a little), I still find I have to visit the gas station more often. Of course, a full tank cost less.

2. Related to the above, the FC saving is not much. A non-scientific data comparison with my previous 2.0NA Forester, shows a savings of less than 2L/100km. 

2. I understand that the e-boxer has 2 12V battery compares to the single 12V for the normal Forester. I am still trying to find out why this is so and whether the 2nd battery is any special. This may increase the cost of maintenance if the battery is not the normal-sized one.

Can't speak for reliability as the car is still new in the market. I read that all Forester in Europe is now the mild-hybrid version. I guess this is to conform to the green policies there and to give people a choice if they want to go for a hybrid.. I am quite happy with the car. I think the small price difference in the list price is due to the $15K VES rebate that the mild-hybrid enjoys.

• Praise 1

Facelift unveiled in Japan, and will be available for sales from August.

img_exterior01.jpg

kv.jpg

img_interior01.jpg

006_o.jpg

003_o.jpg

004_o.jpg

005_o.jpg

007_o.jpg

012_o.jpg

013_o.jpg

015_o.jpg

014_o.jpg

019_o.jpg

2.0 e-boxer Advance

exterior.jpg

cockpit.jpg

equipment02.jpg

2.0 e-boxer Touring

exterior.jpg

cockpit.jpg

equipment02.jpg

1.8 Boxer DIT Sport

exterior.jpg

cockpit.jpg

equipment03.jpg

• Praise 8

21 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

006_o.jpg

exterior.jpg

23d1f4b28b33fe5d565d950ba3717320.jpg.8413e42df4120a8d877bc34e5cd75144.jpg

Okay. The weird headlights design looks Abit better on the forester than on the levorg. 

Specs wise the 1.8t should be a better selling model than the 2.0 na.

• Haha! 1

I would think the power and torque for the 1.8T is sufficient in SG. People will always complaint power not enough. Even Evo driver switching to GTR and wants more. 

• Praise 1

On 6/14/2021 at 11:28 AM, Carbon82 said:

Facelift unveiled in Japan, and will be available for sales from August.

Cost cutting went too far.

All you get is half a headlight.

:D

006_o.jpg

• Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Cost cutting went too far.

All you get is half a headlight.

:D

006_o.jpg

Wahaha.. now that u say it n  indeed kinda look like a half headlight design.

• Haha! 4