Haze Updates 2018 / 2019

Karoon

11 hours ago, Davidtch said:

I have the same unit. It had travelled with me to Beijing and back to Sg.

yeah this was quite popular during the last bad haze. But nowadays mostly have xiaomi ones cos easier to get filters etc. 
I have 3. Bought 1 for my parents. My BIL has one, also bought one for my in-laws (who never use anyway lol).

I even have custom made (from taobao) hepa filters for these (which are cheaper than original). Though all these are using the original filters. I've only changed one so far cos it started smelling bad though airflow was good.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Look at the hot spots in Kalimantan, It looks like the whole place in fire. I cannot imagine the PSI and PM2.5 readings over there. 

Now I really support the Indonesia capital be shifted to Kailimantan!! [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

13 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Have to vacuum a bit after not using for so long. If not blow out dust.

Won't you damage the filter by vacuuming it?

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

yeah this was quite popular during the last bad haze. But nowadays mostly have xiaomi ones cos easier to get filters etc. 
I have 3. Bought 1 for my parents. My BIL has one, also bought one for my in-laws (who never use anyway lol).

I even have custom made (from taobao) hepa filters for these (which are cheaper than original). Though all these are using the original filters. I've only changed one so far cos it started smelling bad though airflow was good.

Not sure if you heard, but it seems that the air quality sensor in some of the Xiaomi home filters are not accurate so it's best to keep them running even when it says the air is clean.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/xiaomi-particle-counter-inaccurate-not-control-purifier/

btw I bought a Xiaomi car air filter (but usually used only for long road trips).

I've thought of buying generic HEPA filters fm Taobao and custom fitting them into my car's original aircon filter LOL. I haven't found HEPA aircon filters made for my lao pok car.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Look at the hot spots in Kalimantan, It looks like the whole place in fire. I cannot imagine the PSI and PM2.5 readings over there. 

Now I really support the Indonesia capital be shifted to Kailimantan!! [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

I checked a couple of days ago. The current haze situation in the location (East Kalimantan) identified for the new capital isn't that bad due to the prevailing winds.

but yeah, Sarawak suffering badly.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

Not sure if you heard, but it seems that the air quality sensor in some of the Xiaomi home filters are not accurate so it's best to keep them running even when it says the air is clean.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/xiaomi-particle-counter-inaccurate-not-control-purifier/

btw I bought a Xiaomi car air filter (but usually used only for long road trips).

I've thought of buying generic HEPA filters fm Taobao and custom fitting them into my car's original aircon filter LOL. I haven't found HEPA aircon filters made for my lao pok car.

Actually if u are buying in significant volume, u can probably ask the manufacturer to cut to your specific size. The 3rd party HEPA filter i got from Taobao was also originally modded after wussredxli at HWZ asked for this specific dimension. 

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Although the sky now is clearer but the burnt smell still lingers.

getting bad, town side quite hazy and smell bad now.

4 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Morning sky still quite clear, now i look out the window the sky looks hazy.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Wind direction now is North-East. KNS.

Pray for wind direction to turn South or South-West.

How the people in Kalimantan tahan the haze in their own backyard? Cant be that healthy to inhale month long haze every year? If they are burning for profit but health suffer as a result the profit is made pointless.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Wind direction now is North-East. KNS.

Pray for wind direction to turn South or South-West.

How the people in Kalimantan tahan the haze in their own backyard? Cant be that healthy to inhale month long haze every year? If they are burning for profit but health suffer as a result the profit is made pointless.

Many small scale farmers burning.

Mindset is simple: dun burn still kanna so better burn

1 minute ago, Kusje said:

No need wear mask la. 

95% we are either on the bus/train or in the office.

On weekdays, most of us is in the office. On weekend, most of us is at home. [:p]

↡ Advertisement