Haze Updates 2018 / 2019

Karoon

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

i have dry eyes tendency as well. But recently last few months quite ok. Probably easily irritated by the haze. 

Dry eyes plus haze equal bad. Cause having dry eyes itself already bad liao. Nowadays my dry eyes sometimes can get so bad that my vision is not sharp and blurry at night if i drive. Day time is ok la. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
55 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

You got money liao mah, so automatic will choose health.

Those got no money will have to choose money over health lor....

Ppl say got money no health what for, but in reality, got health no money is worse...[:p][laugh][laugh]

I am not rich btw. hahaha.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Dry eyes plus haze equal bad. Cause having dry eyes itself already bad liao. Nowadays my dry eyes sometimes can get so bad that my vision is not sharp and blurry at night if i drive. Day time is ok la. [sweatdrop]

You are spending too much time here and staring at the monitor. Give your eyes a break.

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

You are spending too much time here and staring at the monitor. Give your eyes a break.

You also mean i am spending too much time on work liao? Since my work also require me to stare at the monitor de?! I am just staring on many many windows on my monitor. Lol.

not good..

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/study-finds-air-pollution-reaches-placenta-during-pregnancy?cx_testId=20&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=10#cxrecs_s

WASHINGTON (AP) - A new study suggests when a pregnant woman breathes in air pollution, it can travel beyond her lungs to the placenta that guards her foetus.

Pollution composed of tiny particles from car exhaust, factory smokestacks and other sources is dangerous to everyone's health, and during pregnancy it's been linked to premature births and low birth weight.

But scientists don't understand why - something that could affect care for women in highly polluted areas.

One theory is that the particles lodge in mum's lungs and trigger potentially harmful inflammation.

On Tuesday (Sept 17), Belgian researchers reported another possibility, that any risk might be more direct.

A novel scanning technique spotted a type of particle pollution - sootlike black carbon - on placentas donated by 28 new mothers, they reported in Nature Communications.

The placenta nourishes a developing foetus and tries to block damaging substanc

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Jman888 said:

hazy F1 not first time liao.

But I remember that race evening the skies cleared up around 5-6pm...so race night was clear

Today I opened a pack of expired 3m N95 mask bought a couple years back. The foam lining at the nose Bridge disintegrated into powder when I put it on, causing more powder a stucked on the inside of the mask. 🤣

I just rinsed it under water to wash away the dust to save money. 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

How the F you put measures on the haze.. the only way to avoid the haze is to stay indoors

All F1 spectators will be issued N95 mask. 

All F1 race car will have built-in air purifier installed and connected to racer helmets. 

Local F1 staff,  you die your business.. 

Edited by Hoseyboh
  • Praise 5

3 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

All F1 spectators will be issued N95 mask. 

All F1 race car will have built-in air purifier installed and connected to racer helmets. 

non f1 fans gonna comment, as if haze not enough.

we still gonna burn rubber and produce extra smoke there😂

Edited by Beregond

15 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

How the F you put measures on the haze.. the only way to avoid the haze is to stay indoors

Yea. I realise they just say measures are in place but do not specify the measures so it's hard to critique its effectiveness.

Some will say just issue N95 but one must consider the temperature plus if are people acclimatise to wearing this mask with such temperature and obviously if they are wearing the masks, the side effect if they wont be drinking their beer or whatever while watching the race.  So either people stay safe and sales of drinks get reduced or things stay the same and everyone might get health problems.

But I dont watch F1.  So doesnt bother me.  

On a side note, I just messaged the doctors at kalimantan where I spent some time in july.  Apparently it's quite bad there and its getting hotter with no sign of rain 😞

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Yea. I realise they just say measures are in place but do not specify the measures so it's hard to critique its effectiveness.

Some will say just issue N95 but one must consider the temperature plus if are people acclimatise to wearing this mask with such temperature and obviously if they are wearing the masks, the side effect if they wont be drinking their beer or whatever while watching the race.  So either people stay safe and sales of drinks get reduced or things stay the same and everyone might get health problems.

But I dont watch F1.  So doesnt bother me.  

On a side note, I just messaged the doctors at kalimantan where I spent some time in july.  Apparently it's quite bad there and its getting hotter with no sign of rain 😞

We can only wait for wind direction change next month.

I look out the window from my house now, all the far far building totally disappeared, cannot even see the tip of the building! Past few days still able to see a bit the tip of the building. 😱

• Praise 1