Haze Updates 2018 / 2019

Karoon

24 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

There is no right or wrong. Everyone will state what they produce is the correct one. That's why they do it that way.

You can't win the debate with a PhD working in goverment agency on theory. Just acknowledge that they are correct. 

But you can choose which reading to believe in and decide your activities base on that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

The burning will not stop because that's the most economical way to clear forest. It is also difficult to enforce because the areas are too many and big.

The only logical way to stop the haze is for the world is stop importing palm oil and its products.

Cue the corny catchphrase - Once the buying stops, the burning will too.

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

PSI reading below 100 now but outside seems hazy, cannot see the far far building from my window. 😂

Brudder u must trust the good fellas at NEA...they cant be fooling around with our health right...

But u are right..the stoopid haze monster is back...

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

I think the car aircon filter is not really that effective in keeping out the haze, especially the PM 2.5 particles.

Still I think maybe good time to go service the aircon. For me I try to do like every once per 2 year. Hahahha

Merc filters are pretty good, check them out... and they offer free aircon cleaning twice... you can be right behind a truck bellowing smoke and not smell it..

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

PSI reading below 100 now but outside seems hazy, cannot see the far far building from my window. 😂

PSI is 24hr average.

Read the PM2.5 which is hourly.

From the chart you can see the PM2.5 shoot up from 11pm.

Screenshot_20190921-073424_myENV.jpg

Does the Haze increase ambient temperature? This was taken at 3pm while driving around at AMK today.

I have been on the road from Sengkang to AMK for about 10 mins.. so it's not those hot cooped up carpark air that I'm talking about.

The highest I can recall was only 38 degrees.

F4E2BEA4-CFD8-4EC5-98CF-5FE7CBAE639F.jpeg

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Hazy Sunday morning. Look like no outdoor activities. 

Indeed haze is bad cause i take reference from the view from my window. All the far far building all disappeared! 

Later still need to go out to run some errands. Hopefully can fast fast finish and go home to hide. 😷😂

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Hazy Sunday morning. Look like no outdoor activities. 

How come all those international bodies so quiet or I missed reading them? No boycott of buying from companies involved. Indonesia says identified but I didn't see their names published. Such news should be front page mah. USA very kepo one what. Why so quiet? Busy with HK and trade war?

↡ Advertisement