Haze Updates 2018 / 2019

Karoon

11 hours ago, Beregond said:

even if the haze kill them they will still burn .

i watch some documentary, if they dun burn and farm, they will die that year

its either they burn, all suffer, they had a chance to make it through, 

or they dun burn, then confirm die.

which 1 will they choose??

the indo gov say they catch is for show only, if they 100% catch, and totally no 1 farm, die also.

they need alot alot of external help , not to put out fire, but to upgrade to modern farming method.

its like the amazon fire, their gov say they got no resource to fight it out right.

its all about $$$$ in the end

This could be for farmers.

How abt those big oil palm company? They are also major contributer for these forest fires isnt it?

These company  have  he resources to clear forest in more greener way without burning. Malaysia also have many oil palm plantations but they dont use burn method to clear land. That is the differences. Yet these company still doing it year after year without being caught or punished!

I was just thinking, instead of us KPKB, is there a possibility that a grp can be formed to help the farmers there to help us instead? 

Like if we look at distance between sumatra and us, and how much land they have. If they turn their land into farming food for us, like veg and fruits, wont that be good?

a direct sea transport would take mayb 3-4 hours? Not so different from us buying from MY and China? 

Plant Durian? avocado? 

Then no more burning, no more haze, and we get another source of food?  [confused]^_^[laugh]

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I was just thinking, instead of us KPKB, is there a possibility that a grp can be formed to help the farmers there to help us instead? 

Like if we look at distance between sumatra and us, and how much land they have. If they turn their land into farming food for us, like veg and fruits, wont that be good?

a direct sea transport would take mayb 3-4 hours? Not so different from us buying from MY and China? 

Plant Durian? avocado? 

Then no more burning, no more haze, and we get another source of food?  [confused]^_^[laugh]

Saw on one of the youtube channels that palm oil is very lucrative. It is found in almost any household product, cosmetics and confectioneries. But it's one of the most environmentally hazardous industry. We experience this first hand. 

So it's down to greed and heck care environments. 

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, RadX said:

I also say

ki lan to the max 

Lets see how tomolo morning...they forecasting predawn showers. Lets hope they are right this time 😅

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Ender said:

Saw on one of the youtube channels that palm oil is very lucrative. It is found in almost any household product, cosmetics and confectioneries. But it's one of the most environmentally hazardous industry. We experience this first hand. 

So it's down to greed and heck care environments. 

But I wonder who own the land? Like is it the big companies or the farmers own the land and planted and sell whatever these big companies wanted?  Likely the farmer have land but dont know what to plant and just listen to the bigs boy. The profit goes to the enterprises and farmers are still not doing good whatever they plant. 

imagine if they plant durian, and ship over to us in 4 hours. [laugh]

Indonesia also share the same bleed of avocado in Australia, if they plant avocado, we can forget the ang moh ones and buy good cheap healthy fats nearer cheaper fresher.. 

Veg and other fruits? I mean if the farmers can make more money planting other crops, and dont have to burn their fields every year, why would they not do it? The fat profit from palm oil also they get nothing out of it anyway. 

If I didnt read wrongly, I think Europe going to ban palm oil soon, and MY is making lots of noise about it. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Lets see how tomolo morning...they forecasting predawn showers. Lets hope they are right this time 😅

KNN, tomorrow I take a photo of the grass patches ard my place, totally brown... <_<

Thunderstorms?
the The tiny bit of rain that came and went only made my yard more dirty.. I set up buckets to collect water and ended up with two buckets of dirt instead...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

PSI and PM2.5 reading on tv now show normal siah. Hopefully it will stay the same tomorrow. 😂

As long as the NE wind keep doing their job, we will be a happy lot...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Jman888 said:

rain a fair bit at harbourfront to Alexandra.

20190924_220320.jpg

The grass and trees there will be so appreciative. But seriously speaking..in all my years as a sinkie here..this is the longest 'drought' there is...

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Kyrios said:

What rain? Hahahah

kns

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

Kaoz...looks like another blazing sunny warm hot day to me

Maybe some area might rain? Like yesterday night only rain at alexandra area? Lol. But no rain better than hazy sky la.

↡ Advertisement