Need advice for Axio repair cost

bestman

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I would like to get an advice from bro for my case below.

This morning, I went to service my car (Toyota Axio) , to check aircon intermittent cooling and normal servicing.

But W/S told me I need to change aircon compressor and all 4 shock absorbers (right side at rear is leaking) and lower arm front.

Total bill was S$2400.00 (They round it for me).

Did I get ripped off by W/S or is the price around there? I have attached the invoice for reference.

If I got ripped off, can recommend any good W/S?

Thanks in advance.

post-232309-0-82230400-1534603206_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Hi All,

This morning, I went to service my car (Toyota Axio) , to check aircon intermittent cooling and normal servicing.

But W/S told me I need to change aircon compressor and all 4 shock absorbers (right side at rear is leaking) and lower arm front.

Did I get ripped off by W/S or is the price around there? I have attached the invoice for reference.

Thanks in advance.

You changed many many many things for a single trip.

1) Engine oil + filter

2) Intake Air filter

3) Cabin filter

4) Entire Aircon compressor (this is difficult and expensive part)

5) All 4 shock absorbers

6) Battery

7) Suspension lower arm

This is a very very long list of items - individual prices look reasonable.

What you may be wary about is whether or not your Axio really need to change all these parts. If you have neglected your car for years and driven it like PHV style, then I am quite certain most of these parts need to be changed.

Anyway, its all dead and buried. With the parts changed, and you failing to get 2nd opinion first - no one will know whether you got carrot.

Just move on bro.

If you ask me, it looks pretty decent. Mileage is 144k,your suspension components are refreshed totally.

Of course there will be some who can do it cheaper. You must remember, most workshops (if not all} mark up all the parts, so the more parts you change they earn more.

Next time get your own parts and go to your own workshop. Can save a bit.

Wah, AXIO's air filter $32? As much as if not a bit more than Merc/BMW one.

If you ask me, it looks pretty decent. Mileage is 144k,your suspension components are refreshed totally.

Of course there will be some who can do it cheaper. You must remember, most workshops (if not all} mark up all the parts, so the more parts you change they earn more.

Next time get your own parts and go to your own workshop. Can save a bit.

Yeah of cos WS mark up the parts.  You can see in TS bill on Shel Helix liao :)

My friend BMW HPFP stockist sell $280.  WS charged close to $$600 with labour...huh.

Toyota parts very common. Get from Stockist. Min ghee, Ric-tat, Mandarin....

Can go a famous petrol shop workshop along upper thomson to change.... very reasonable labour cost.

Aircon go find aircon man. Ubi road 1 got one shop and Woodlands industrial the other one very honest chap.

Aircon problem could be relay, leak, cooling coil,compressor, cabin filter choke, gas......

No direct name of workshops mentioned or else people think i got road with them.... 

A simple search you sure able to find.

Edited: Oops, just realized you have done the replacement of parts. Anyway then FYI.

Edited by Alg

If you can diy, you can save some money,.

Changing air filter is probably the easiest, some only need your hands to unclip 4 clips.

$32 is a bit too much.

A big one I use to change for my diesel van is about $25.

Many petrol engine used a filter probably about half that size and should cost $15 or less.

But then again, you need to spend time and travelling expenses going to stockist and buy it.

Original air filter is not cheap, it's about $20+ ........ So $32 is reasonable, IF the workshop used original lah  :D My OEM one just costs under $10 

Just buy parts and bring to workshop - best 

Turbocharged

@bestman

Pick-up the phone, call the stockist, how much does these parts cost. Most of the parts that w/s sell mark-up up 30-50%.

From there, add the labour fee around S$300 to S$500.

Move on bro. The amount looks alot before you changed all at one go. And these parts can last for years.

From the pricing, it looks OK, anyway Workshop also need to earn a living.

Look at the bright side, you now have a better driving experience due to new suspension parts and chiling aircon under crazy weather..

The experience is intangible and priceless.

• Praise 1

You have replaced quite a number of items ... [nod]

The pricing for each individual items looks ok for me as there will be some mark up from the workshop [nod]

Your ride should be in tip top condition now [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

You don't have to change all the 4 shock, GUN TONG.

take a carton box and I LED torch light,  use finger to check made sure leaking then change .

if COE  left less than 3 year, can buy 2nd hand/used

Battery no need to change, only cannot start then change

Compressor Intermitent could be thermostat or aircon receiver , no compressor

Air filter I or my mechanics alway's use air jet  to blow the Dust away,no need to change unless used 2-3  years++

take a carton box and I LED torch light,  use finger to check made sure leaking then change .

aircon Intermitent could be thermostat or aircon receiver or colling coil value , not compressor

Air filter I or my mechanics alway's use air jet  to blow the Dust away,no need to change unless used 2-3  years++

Compressor Intermitent could be thermostat or aircon receiver , no compressor

aircon Intermitent could be thermostat or aircon receiver or colling coil value , not compressor

Battery cannot start dan change is probably too late. I tink a weak battery does affect the performance of some car components 

I will consider to change my air filter after using 2-3 years if I stay in rural area

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Are you still driving AXIO 2008 modsel?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

This is a very very long list of items - individual prices look reasonable.

Edited by Minhthu2017
↡ Advertisement