2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

This look more like a new model than face lift, wonder why hyundai will go so radical this time considering all the previous fl are quite minor, usually minor changes to lighting cluster or front/rear bumper, while this fl they even change a few body panel design.

It does look very nice though...

As usual, think only the elite model will get those bling led headlight and rear light cluster plus bigger sports rim.

• Praise 2

Now waiting for the interior images to surface on the net. And also waiting for local dealer introduction to see if it equipped with the new 1.6 dual injection engine.

yes, I am holding off to see if it comes with the new engine~

• Praise 1

IMO, they should not change a winning formula..

Sleek looks, decent legroom, a suite of good passive safety features, and the most important part: value for money.

This winning formula has pushed the current Elantra to the top of the charts and they deserve it, with aggressive marketing and that price.

yes, I am holding off to see if it comes with the new engine~

Honestly, I doubt it. For them to retain their price competitiveness, they need to keep it to a certain price point.

That means no turbos or other powerplants.

These will drive the car into a different price band where they will have far more competition.

• Praise 1

IMO, they should not change a winning formula..

Sleek looks, decent legroom, a suite of good passive safety features, and the most important part: value for money.

This winning formula has pushed the current Elantra to the top of the charts and they deserve it, with aggressive marketing and that price.

Honestly, I doubt it. For them to retain their price competitiveness, they need to keep it to a certain price point.

That means no turbos or other powerplants.

These will drive the car into a different price band where they will have far more competition.

Not forgetting the VES status..
  • Praise 1

Quite a radical change for a facelift but sometimes need to see in the flesh before coming to a conclusion. Anyway, good to see the Koreans holding their own these days instead of playing second fiddle to the Japs, well done

• Praise 3

1.4 or 1.6 turbo would be nice.

Good have this option but don’t forget that Elantra’s rise to the top of the sales charts is largely due to it being value for money with a good specs n options so this winning formula must not be forgotten. Maybe they can still stick to that n introduce a turbo option for those who aspire for more.

• Praise 5

Compared with the new Cerato, the line are more rounded and at least it does not try to be pretentious, to look alike like the Audi

• Praise 1

Who wants to be a low price high value producer?

It's not as profitable as being a high price low value producer.

:D

Hyundai don't want to be a cheap good value brand forever.

They want to be a prestige brand people pay a premium for.

But looking at the comments there is still a bias against Korean brands except for people that bought a Hyundai before and were surprised by how good they are.

• Praise 3

The headlight design puts me off. I think its ugly.

agreed to your point as well.

I found it does not blend well with its front grill.

hope this not the final design..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1