2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

what makes them do that. Reverse light should be at rear light level.

Their designer's thought. I think it is still alright instead of signal lights being at that level. Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

Rear car actually look good... the front wise, at first glance may looks weird... but now I think it is actually not bad at all

Edited by Hybridcar
  • Praise 2

Rear car actually look good... the front wise, at first glance may looks weird... but now I think it is actually not bad at all

Same. But i believe the color choosen is also a deciding factor. From the poster, seem like black color actually make it look quite nice.

Are the doors the same as current? There is an extra line/fold running along the body, top, handles ? The exterior is a major revamp but interior is minor. 

Back to that front grill again, the top is half is prius, the bottom big mouth is from lexus. How come there is no chrome along the perimeter of the mouth to make it look even bigger?    

• Praise 1

Sianz..read that this car might launch early next year. Which mean it might not launch in Singapore this year.

Launch early next years good la!

Chinese new year you can drive your new car?

Are the doors the same as current? There is an extra line/fold running along the body, top, handles ? The exterior is a major revamp but interior is minor. 

Back to that front grill again, the top is half is prius, the bottom big mouth is from lexus. How come there is no chrome along the perimeter of the mouth to make it look even bigger?    

Don't think a lot of people like chrome.

Some of them even de-chrome with sticker?

• Praise 1

Don't think a lot of people like chrome.

Some of them even de-chrome with sticker?

In the old days, new owners add on chrome to give it the atas look. Fast forward now when car manufacturers add on chrome, owners de-chrome it. Seems to me that some owners just want to have a personalised look n hence do all sorts of mods to make their ride stand out. Same for rims...

• Praise 6

smart trunk maybe?

That must be a manual catch even if it has a smart trunk.

Just like the keyless opening of doors. There is still a keyhole just that it’s hidden.

• Praise 4

the smart trunk takes too long lah. sometimes it also doesn't detect the key well. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. 

press the button faster.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-hyundai-elantra-sedan

More photos here...

https://www.hyundai.com/worldwide/en/brand-story/design/concept-car/2018/2018-le-fil-rouge

This is the new concept from Hyundai... Sensuous Sportiness... the facelift seems to be heading in this direction according to the article I linked above...

Now I wonder where is the button/switch to open the rear boot?? On the hyundai logo itself??

Most likely cos in the Sonata refresh, the trunk release is the top piece in the Hyundai logo... very trick, very cool!

the smart trunk takes too long lah. sometimes it also doesn't detect the key well. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow.

press the button faster.

I've no problems with my smart trunk... always works... but you have to stand behind it and not beside it... most Singaporeans like to park with the back in (which I don't understand cos it makes it harder to access the boot especially when you know you've got lots of shopping to carry) and so tend to stand somewhere to the side cos of the tight confines of our car parks... and then it seems like the smart trunk doesn't work...

For me at my home car park, I also park front in and when I walk across the back of the car to get to the driver's side, the car will be beeping, and counting down to release the boot lid as I walk across... absolutely works each and every time... even works when I pump petrol... have to be careful to stand closer to the petrol filler lid rather than the back otherwise the boot will open...

So I'm not sure why you have such a poor experience with it leh...

• Praise 1

That must be a manual catch even if it has a smart trunk.

Just like the keyless opening of doors. There is still a keyhole just that it’s hidden.

yes definitely perhaps they wanna emphasize on the smart trunk by hiding the manual catch  

press the button faster.

but no doubt its quite helpful when your hands are full 

• Praise 2

press the button faster.

true... imagine it is raining and you have to stand there for 3 secs for it to open......

• Praise 2

true... imagine it is raining and you have to stand there for 3 secs for it to open......

Better than putting your stuff down on the water logged floor and dig out your keys to slot the key in and get soaked... or trying to balance on one leg with heavy shopping in both hands and desperately waving the other leg under the bumper to trigger the boot release... which is even more ridiculous...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-hyundai-elantra-sedan

More photos here...

https://www.hyundai.com/worldwide/en/brand-story/design/concept-car/2018/2018-le-fil-rouge

This is the new concept from Hyundai... Sensuous Sportiness... the facelift seems to be heading in this direction according to the article I linked above...

Most likely cos in the Sonata refresh, the trunk release is the top piece in the Hyundai logo... very trick, very cool!

I've no problems with my smart trunk... always works... but you have to stand behind it and not beside it... most Singaporeans like to park with the back in (which I don't understand cos it makes it harder to access the boot especially when you know you've got lots of shopping to carry) and so tend to stand somewhere to the side cos of the tight confines of our car parks... and then it seems like the smart trunk doesn't work...

For me at my home car park, I also park front in and when I walk across the back of the car to get to the driver's side, the car will be beeping, and counting down to release the boot lid as I walk across... absolutely works each and every time... even works when I pump petrol... have to be careful to stand closer to the petrol filler lid rather than the back otherwise the boot will open...

So I'm not sure why you have such a poor experience with it leh...

Maybe cos i carry two car keys. I leave them in my bag. They aren't in my pocket.

But it happens sometimes with my wife too.

I'd rather press the button anyway. The elantra boot lid release button is big and easy to press.

Better than putting your stuff down on the water logged floor and dig out your keys to slot the key in and get soaked... or trying to balance on one leg with heavy shopping in both hands and desperately waving the other leg under the bumper to trigger the boot release... which is even more ridiculous...

yeah leg waving boot release is just stupid  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement