2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

deduct 2k each from the above models and that is the latest price after last round of COE.  

$85k for a facelift elite trim is consider not high, if compared 2 years ago pricing. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

$85k for a facelift elite trim is consider not high, if compared 2 years ago pricing. Lol.

agree.    Not bad at this current price considering a facelift.  Net is COE is the one doing the trick. 

It's at the bottom of the bumper. Visually, it looks like something that does not connect well with the rest of the rear design (which I like)

That is where the license plate should be i suppose.

https://youtu.be/YFUmGgOWA34

Wow FC improved.

The video sounds convincing but need someone who owns the current model to comment if those are new features or old stuff. Fuel saving seems better with the CVT converted 8 speed transmission Edited by Ct3833

Should be consider as a new model though engine may be the same. As KMC playing with name changed. Now it was named as Avante. [laugh]

Avante is the Korean market name plate... but Elantra is the international market name plate... I have no idea why there's this ping pong game with the names of these cars by the Korean brands... seems rather idiotic cos you're diluting branding which you took lots of efforts to build up... I don't see this in the US & European markets where the naming convention for Korean cars don't change on every model change or facelift... weird... really weird...

Avante is the Korean market name plate... but Elantra is the international market name plate... I have no idea why there's this ping pong game with the names of these cars by the Korean brands... seems rather idiotic cos you're diluting branding which you took lots of efforts to build up... I don't see this in the US & European markets where the naming convention for Korean cars don't change on every model change or facelift... weird... really weird...

I guess kmc used the Elantra to differentiate this from AD and MD, just like how the Avante got changed to Elantra from HD to MD

It really doesn't matter.

The Altis is known as corolla in some countries and Vios is known as soluna in some countries (BM used to name them that way)

I agree with u that this ping pong name change is rather irritating, confusing n doesn’t help the identity of a model that is doing well locally. A real pity n I’ve yet to read a reason why they need to shuttle to and fro between Elantra n Avante.

• Praise 4

I guess kmc used the Elantra to differentiate this from AD and MD, just like how the Avante got changed to Elantra from HD to MD

It really doesn't matter.

The Altis is known as corolla in some countries and Vios is known as soluna in some countries (BM used to name them that way)

Yes... having different name plates in different regions is common. But those name plates remain constant in those regions... cos those name plates would have gained traction and branding awareness... I don't see this happen anywhere else except for Singapore... from my very narrow awareness of course... the naming ping pong is even worse with the Kia K3 Cerato Forte... depending on which model or facelift, you have several combinations of that string...

I agree with u that this ping pong name change is rather irritating, confusing n doesn’t help the identity of a model that is doing well locally. A real pity n I’ve yet to read a reason why they need to shuttle to and fro between Elantra n Avante.

My SE said at the last Avante's launch that Hyundai Korea wanted to fresh launch as that model was much more advanced than the previous Elantra MD which I drove...

Agreed, my 2016 elite costs me 105k. Sian.

Yes, it's $20K more, but you had lots more features than this 2019 Elite trim Elantra/Avante leh...

If KMC want to make an impact with the reintro of the "Avante" nameplate, they should have intro it with the dual injection with the IVT transmission. Otherwise, with just the facelift and some equipment differences from pre facelift model, it doesn't make much of an impact.

If KMC want to make an impact with the reintro of the "Avante" nameplate, they should have intro it with the dual injection with the IVT transmission. Otherwise, with just the facelift and some equipment differences from pre facelift model, it doesn't make much of an impact.

Is this not the dual injection IVT ? If not, what engine is this ?

Carry forward from the earlier generation Elantra

This is not what i understood from the video, unless Komoco specially order a different variant from Hyundai. Or the video did not cover all the model ? Where could i find more about the sgp new facelift specification?

This is not what i understood from the video, unless Komoco specially order a different variant from Hyundai. Or the video did not cover all the model ? Where could i find more about the sgp new facelift specification?

Komoco ordered a different variant, not the same as the Korean.

• Praise 1

Komoco ordered a different variant, not the same as the Korean.

Lol.. "scamming" pple that everything is entirely new like the full Korean version..but actuali under bonnet the same..换汤不换药

All the while the name in sg is named Elantra, only during the 2006-2010 era Elantra changed to Avante. And now for the coming facelift model they use Avante the second time. This facelift model is CVT? 

Edited by 13177

Agreed, my 2016 elite costs me 105k. Sian.

Bro,you already enjoy your car for 2yrs leh!

And your elite is everything factory fitted with no missing equipment.

How to compare?lol...

↡ Advertisement