2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

U guys may wish to check the prices of the original parts at Hyundai stockists before deciding which servicing option is more worth it. Normal servicing just need oil filter n aircon filter, n sometimes spark plugs (don’t have to change on every servicing). For engine oil, not necessary to use Shell anyway.

For me, I opted out from the 1yr free servicing when I got my Elantra n gotten $400 discount. Bought Mobil 1 10W30 engine oil n oil filter on my own n brought to my ws for 1k servicing. Paid slightly more than $100 in total. My main reason for not taking the free servicing was the long waiting time at kmc service ctr. Usually takes half a day, unless u got the 1st slot of the day.

Another point to note is the items covered under the 5/7yrs warranty. From what my SE told me, only engine n gearbox r covered. Other parts only 1yr warranty, if I rmbr correctly. I may be wrong, so better confirm this with ur SEs

Edited by Whitemorning
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

U guys may wish to check the prices of the original parts at Hyundai stockists before deciding which servicing option is more worth it. Normal servicing just need oil filter n aircon filter, n sometimes spark plugs (donât have to change on every servicing). For engine oil, not necessary to use Shell anyway.

For me, I opted out from the 1yr free servicing when I got my Elantra n gotten $400 discount. Bought Mobil 1 10W30 engine oil n oil filter on my own n brought to my ws for 1k servicing. Paid slightly more than $100 in total. My main reason for not taking the free servicing was the long waiting time at kmc service ctr. Usually takes half a day, unless u got the 1st slot of the day.

Another point to note is the items covered under the 5/7yrs warranty. From what my SE told me, only engine n gearbox r covered. Other parts only 1yr warranty, if I rmbr correctly. I may be wrong, so better confirm this with ur SEs ð

Then the 7yrs warranty does not look too attractive anymore

U guys may wish to check the prices of the original parts at Hyundai stockists before deciding which servicing option is more worth it. Normal servicing just need oil filter n aircon filter, n sometimes spark plugs (don’t have to change on every servicing). For engine oil, not necessary to use Shell anyway.

Another point to note is the items covered under the 5/7yrs warranty. From what my SE told me, only engine n gearbox r covered. Other parts only 1yr warranty, if I rmbr correctly. I may be wrong, so better confirm this with ur SEs

• Praise 1

my concern is actually paying more for parts @ kmc vs cheaper alternatives outside. but again. e warranty is at stake. so itâs a deadlock for me.

my wife likes iron grey. but itâs close to my current ride. so iâm taking polar white.

Its ok to get same or close colour as your current ride if you like the colour la. I have a colleague who continue buying black colour back to back for three cars liao.
  • Praise 1

Now you are making me consider whether I should change and take the discount instead. :)

On the other hand, if one is to sell the car, the buyer usually asks whether is it agent serviced. Though not sure whether this will affect the resale value.

to be fair, not much resale value since the car is bought when coe was low anyway. just buy, forget it and drive for 10 years.

• Praise 2

Am cross posting from the Cerato thread - for those that have tested both Hyundai and Cerato, how do you feel about the road noise?

Tested both the Avante Elite and Cerato SX, felt that the Cerato had more road noise. To be objective, I was flooring the Cerato SX harder (as there was clear traffic). I could also feel a slight vibration on the steering wheel when idle, despite the SX clocking only 7k mileage.

Also, it's a little weird but I felt I had to floor the accelerator harder on the Avante. So it gave me the impression that the Cerato was more powerful (despite having the same engine).

Also, a last question - is there an option to selectively "buy" some features? The S trim fits my use case perfectly, but the memory driver seat function is something I need. Not sure if I can install that separately.

Appreciate your inputs!

• Praise 1

Am cross posting from the Cerato thread - for those that have tested both Hyundai and Cerato, how do you feel about the road noise?

Tested both the Avante Elite and Cerato SX, felt that the Cerato had more road noise. To be objective, I was flooring the Cerato SX harder (as there was clear traffic). I could also feel a slight vibration on the steering wheel when idle, despite the SX clocking only 7k mileage.

Also, it's a little weird but I felt I had to floor the accelerator harder on the Avante. So it gave me the impression that the Cerato was more powerful (despite having the same engine).

Also, a last question - is there an option to selectively "buy" some features? The S trim fits my use case perfectly, but the memory driver seat function is something I need. Not sure if I can install that separately.

Appreciate your inputs!

I tested the basic Cerato before the basic Avante and had the same impression that the Cerato had louder tyre noise. I was thinking it could have been different tyres used. I didn’t get the impression the Avante was less powerful than the Cerato but I didn’t floor it since traffic was moderately heavy at the time of my test drive. My SE told me there is no ability to pick individual options. You’d have to purchase the Elite if you want any option that falls under that model

• Praise 1

to be fair, not much resale value since the car is bought when coe was low anyway. just buy, forget it and drive for 10 years.

I meant whether an agent serviced car can command a higher resale value or not.
  • Praise 1

Tested both the Avante Elite and Cerato SX, felt that the Cerato had more road noise. To be objective, I was flooring the Cerato SX harder (as there was clear traffic). I could also feel a slight vibration on the steering wheel when idle, despite the SX clocking only 7k mileage.

Appreciate your inputs!

Both cerato and avante has drive mode select. I'm not sure if u hv tested the various drive mode for each model, or the SE has preset it for u.

For me when i test drive cerato EX, i didn't choose any particular drive mode coz i wasn't very particular abt it.

Then when i test drive avante S, the SE actually change the drive mode for me during the test drive. So i got to test all 3 modes - eco, normal and sport. The sport mode really makes a diff.

It could hv been that the cerato has been preset to sport mode while avante is in normal mode (dun think they will preset it to eco mode for test drive cars)

As for the noise, i didn't quite take note of it for both. So can't really comment.

• Praise 1

Both cerato and avante has drive mode select. I'm not sure if u hv tested the various drive mode for each model, or the SE has preset it for u.

For me when i test drive cerato EX, i didn't choose any particular drive mode coz i wasn't very particular abt it.

Then when i test drive avante S, the SE actually change the drive mode for me during the test drive. So i got to test all 3 modes - eco, normal and sport. The sport mode really makes a diff.

It could hv been that the cerato has been preset to sport mode while avante is in normal mode (dun think they will preset it to eco mode for test drive cars)

As for the noise, i didn't quite take note of it for both. So can't really comment.

I found most SE would switch to Sport mode as like to leave good performance impression to potential buyer

However that time I had said sorry please switch back normal mode as thats the real life scenario for daily use.

• Praise 1

Thanks - I believe I tried both in normal mode. Did try all sports modes on the Cerato, but not on the Avante. Maybe I’ll re-test the car when I go down to commit.

Thanks - I believe I tried both in normal mode. Did try all sports modes on the Cerato, but not on the Avante. Maybe I’ll re-test the car when I go down to commit.
  • Praise 1

I found most SE would switch to Sport mode as like to leave good performance impression to potential buyer

However that time I had said sorry please switch back normal mode as thats the real life scenario for daily use.

For my case, i started with normal mode for avante. Or probably my SE realised she forgot to switch to sport mode b4 the test drive... that's y change to various mode during my test drive. Lol

Sport mode?

Just stomp harder on the pedal... sport mode does not mean you have extra horses to unleash..

Definitely no extra horse but they program the gearbox shift differently so you can get better pickup. But noisier and FC suffer. For normal driving, I am at normal mode. Eco feels like a dead cvt to me.

What is this sport mode? What is the difference between sport mode and normal mode?

It does 2 things I observed... 1) it delays the upshift significantly and 2) at a given speed, the engine speed is much higher, i.e. it keeps the engine in the power band artificially compared with Eco mode which does the opposite of the two points - upshift asap, and keep engine speed lowest possible... normal mode is in between...
↡ Advertisement