2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

In basic trim, there’s DRL yellow light. The headlight switch is not in Auto; It is in the first switch position or in off pisition. Anyone knows how to switch the DRL to off?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Not for headlights in general and the risks of implications are low if its direct replacement with no tempering of wirings etc.

However, with that said, AD always reserve the right to deny claim for anything that's not stock so YMMV

Alot of things in life are wants but not needs. In fact you can live without headlights especially in our brightly lit island, a car might be just a form of transport for some but a prized possession for others so it would be unwise to impose your thinking onto others.

Kmc will never risk giving you a blanket statement that they will not void your warranty because who knows what permutations of electronics might cause what kind of unforeseen outcomes? They will probably give you the "standard" reply that they don't think it's a problem but they always reserve the right to deny claim.

Risks of implications with LTA is a bigger cause for concern.

Practically, it will be a hassle after 3 years when going for inspection.

Also, headlights are needed 7pm-7am even on our brightly lit island.

• Praise 2

In basic trim, there’s DRL yellow light. The headlight switch is not in Auto; It is in the first switch position or in off pisition. Anyone knows how to switch the DRL to off?

In Off mode, SE mentioned if the sensor detects "suitable" conditions, it will switch on DRL even if not necessary. Cannot be switched off unless modded.

In Auto, will either be nothing, DRL only or DRL+headlight, depending on sensor, and most users are using this.

Wise words of SE: Don't touch the sensor that is in the front middle position of your dashboard.

Risks of implications with LTA is a bigger cause for concern.

Practically, it will be a hassle after 3 years when going for inspection.

Also, headlights are needed 7pm-7am even on our brightly lit island.

Yep, inspection is the key deterrent to many of the bros looking to mod their cars in Singapore.

With regard to the headlights rule, I believe everyone with a valid license in Singapore is aware of it. My reply above was pointing to the fact the 1 man's meat may be another man's poison in case you were wondering. So thanks for pointing this out!

• Praise 1

Yep, inspection is the key deterrent to many of the bros looking to mod their cars in Singapore.

With regard to the headlights rule, I believe everyone with a valid license in Singapore is aware of it. My reply above was pointing to the fact the 1 man's meat may be another man's poison in case you were wondering. So thanks for pointing this out!

No worries, i am sure there are many who want to mod, myself included. But it is a weighing of pros and cons and i am generally skeptical everyone with a license knows about the headlight rule haha.

Regardless of what one does to the car, SE did say changing of anything that is not stock on the Avante, can result in warranty being voided for related parts of the car. So changing headlights can result in electronics warranty being voided, something like that, and who knows what else can KMC link electronics to other things within a vehicle.

Change of bulb is OK, unless electric wiring are modified. Meaning if u change to a brighter halogen bulb, komoco wont bother. The same goes for LED which is plug and play.

Only HID will void warranty of the headlamp because it requires installation of an electric ballast.

• Praise 1

Dont think so.

I confronted my SE about the motorshow price, and she said, its not a good deal, those that signed it probably need to top up. I beg to differ and we'll see about that. See if will only get it on the 2nd run of coe bidding

There will be a backlog of orders before the Motorshow price was disclosed... since you paid a higher price, if the COE premium moves up due to the large numbers of orders due to the Motorshow, then do you think your order has more buffer to absorb the COE premium increase? Surely have right?

And that would mean you're likely to get your COE earlier lar... the premium you pay is nothing compared to what could possibly be the difference in the COE premium for the next round compared to the last round...

Take note: Avante full tank is 55 liters (SE's word).

My first full tank fuel consumption report:

Duration: 1 week

Mode: Normal mode

Self-calculated FC: 10.71km/liter

Computer FC: 11.1km/liter

I would say the computer is rather close.

Second full tank report to come next week, will be focused on Eco-mode.

Check your manual lar... the tank capacity is written there...
  • Praise 1

avante HD to MD and AD, all can squeeze 10 litres of petrol after auto stop, new avante I believe can do so also

This applies to all cars... the warning light tells you 'low fuel, top up'... it doesn't tell you 'no fuel'... in fact I believe that the fuel gauge is also conservatively set as you always seem to clock less mileage after the needle hits the 50% mark as denoted by the gauge...

Same for trip computer... I have ever driven until my trip computer said 19 km left... the warning light lit up when the fuel gauge was left with one bar, and the trip computer said 61 km... I continued driving until the trip computer said 19 km... I topped up 65 L only... my tank is 70 L (Sonata), and my average fuel consumption is 10 km/L... so that gives me at least 50 km more but the trip computer conservatively estimates 19 km left... I have also done the same thing with a Jazz (which does not have a trip computer)... I drove on for 100+ km more after the warning light came on... at the end of that trip, I topped up and found the tank had 9 L left based on tank capacity and what I could put it at the pump...

Edited by teomingern

This applies to all cars... the warning light tells you 'low fuel, top up'... it doesn't tell you 'no fuel'... in fact I believe that the fuel gauge is also conservatively set as you always seem to clock less mileage after the needle hits the 50% mark as denoted by the gauge...

Same for trip computer... I have ever driven until my trip computer said 19 km left... the warning light lit up when the fuel gauge was left with one bar, and the trip computer said 61 km... I continued driving until the trip computer said 19 km... I topped up 65 L only... my tank is 70 L (Sonata), and my average fuel consumption is 10 km/L... so that gives me at least 50 km more but the trip computer conservatively estimates 19 km left... I have also done the same thing with a Jazz (which does not have a trip computer)... I drove on for 100+ km more after the warning light came on... at the end of that trip, I topped up and found the tank had 9 L left based on tank capacity and what I could put it at the pump...

Erm.....I am talking about different thing ....but nvm

Do we have a avante fb group? I saw there an elantra but not much topic about avante.

First batch of lucky owners just collected their new Avante over the last 2 weeks. Wait a while more before the pool of Avante driver builds up. By March should have a FB grp i guess :)

• Praise 1

I might just ask them to check the sensor when I set the headlights to auto. Seems that sometimes it will still be on when there is sunlight

I have the same issue too. Not sure if it's due to the solar film.
  • Praise 1

First batch of lucky owners just collected their new Avante over the last 2 weeks. Wait a while more before the pool of Avante driver builds up. By March should have a FB grp i guess :)

Do a search on fb. The group is called Hyundai Avante Singapore.

Any guy from this grp can start a fb or tele grp to talk about this avante ?
  • Praise 1

Do we have a avante fb group? I saw there an elantra but not much topic about avante.

Apparently wat the admin mentioned is that they are the same. Hence avante 2019 also considered in the same fb grp
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Which trim you bought? How much?

I got the basic trim :) Just needed a car from point A to point B

Congrats to all the new car owners! Looking forward to reading your reviews!

• Praise 1