2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Anyone feel that the aircon filter doesn't work well ?

I am able to smell exhaust fumes in the car during traffic light stops. Once even able to smell rubbish sewage smell.

Any fix to this problem ?

Is this your first car?

Change aircon circulation mode to internal only

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Clutched

Unfortunately yes. Haha.

Thought by default, aircon settings should be circulated internally.

• Praise 1

Unfortunately yes. Haha.

Thought by default, aircon settings should be circulated internally.

Got button to press. You sounded like you press the button for external air circulation. Haah

smart trunk maybe?

Depending on the variant you get, for the base model, use remote control or the lever in the car. 

Mid tier onward can use the hyundai logo. 

Highest tier has smart trunk (i think)

• Praise 1

Depending on the variant you get, for the base model, use remote control or the lever in the car. 

Mid tier onward can use the hyundai logo. 

Highest tier has smart trunk (i think)

S trim also has smart trunk. 

Turbocharged

Noob lah. The price is not accurate. I bought my avante at $67k. Listed price was $76,999

I don't recall the latest Avante ever sold at $67K. When was that?
  • Praise 1

One of the car only 2 months old and sell liao? :o

Or it could be accident cars, you buy new and sell after few months , sure kena lost big time. Whether Toyota, Hyundai etc .
  • Praise 2

Or it could be accident cars, you buy new and sell after few months , sure kena lost big time. Whether Toyota, Hyundai etc .

that time my SE share with me she's at LTA helping her client doing ownership x'fer of the newly registered vehicle due to sudden passing of client's husband, could be similar scenario..

• Praise 2

Anyone feel that the aircon filter doesn't work well ?

I am able to smell exhaust fumes in the car during traffic light stops. Once even able to smell rubbish sewage smell.

Any fix to this problem ?

The way the aircon system works these days is to mix hot air from the engine compartment (pipe runs through it I think) and cool air from the cooling coil to get the precise temperature that is shown on your climate control panel... so by right the air should not be drawn from outside the aircon system... my Sonata has a filtration system, not just an air filter... so I never get any smell... but in my previous cars, Elantra 2001 model, and Subaru Impreza 2007 model I always get this exhaust smell from outside... my mechanic used to advise sealing the fresh air vent permanently... never did that... so I don't know if it actually works... not sure if the system for Elantra same as my Sonata or not.

It is quite evident in our local market that spec sheet doesn't supersede the badge. Look at the spec sheet of some of the so-called popular sellers of other makes.It is worse and yet can sell. Just so many double-standard and self-denial kind of opinion. 

Singapore market has proven itself that it is still very much badge-driven and perception-based from the 90s era. International scenes have moved for quite a fair bit for many makes (not only Korean, even Skoda, Seat etc) but mindset here have simply not caught up. 

Agree

I don't recall the latest Avante ever sold at $67K. When was that?

Sometime Jan/Feb this year. But it was the basic model. It comes with a very low COE rebate value with minimal servicing package.

Sometime Jan/Feb this year. But it was the basic model. It comes with a very low COE rebate value with minimal servicing package.

He lost a lot from his accent.

He bought it at 90k and I believe he sold Ard 40k+

U have to see both sides of the equation

(edited)

He lost a lot from his accent.

He bought it at 90k and I believe he sold Ard 40k+

U have to see both sides of the equation

By changing to avante, my depreciation is lowered by $1k per year for the total duration of 14 years for both accent and avante. From $8+k to $7+k depreciation per year.

Loss is subjective. I need a car for my family. Can't be grab everywhere, that's not practical and even more expensive..

And by upgrading, I have managed to siam the next coe peak 10 years later had I kept my accent.

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 1

By changing to avante, my depreciation is lowered by $1k per year for the total duration of 14 years for both accent and avante. From $8+k to $7+k depreciation per year.

Loss is subjective. I need a car for my family. Can't be grab everywhere, that's not practical and even more expensive..

And by upgrading, I have managed to siam the next coe peak 10 years later had I kept my accent.

Cos you bought car at the peak then... so just have to bite the bullet to move into the trough...
↡ Advertisement