2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

may be they find it difficult to match the new CVT to the aging engine unit of 1.6NA...

I'm more keen if they can match a turbo engine with the old school at transmission, willing be willing to sacrifice drivability for reliability anytime.
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

may have to say bye bye 6sp, welcome the CVT..

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/2020-hyundai-elantra-gets-small-182349736.html

what would the feeling for those hated CVT?

I suspect this transmission might not come so soon. It will probably arrive with the new variant which is supposed to debut 2 years later. Maybe the new model will also be updated with the long awaited new engine which the Koreans are getting.

Overseas have been using the ivt for their new elantras but I'm glad sg is still using the old school trusted 6at which gives a better driving feel overall.

Only qualms is the old 1.6na engine, will be brilliant if they paired it with a 1.4t engine + 6at gearbox.

However, that will be rare as most cars with turbo engines are paired with dct for the best driving experience. So far only suzuki is pairing their turbo engines with the trusty 6at after dumping the cvt from swift sports zc32s.

Actually many Japanese makes are pairing CVT to Turbo engines. Examples are Honda Civic/CRV/Accord 1.5T, Subaru Forester XT, Nissan Qashqai/Note/Pulsar, Toyota CHR/Harrier (offered by BM). Yes, I agree. It might not be the best combination.

Edited by Ahtea
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

CVT in the next new Elantra / Avante world be an absolute disaster.

There are no recond options for CVT, and a brand new replacement gearbox is in excess of $10,000.

Well in the first place, it was named Elantra n dont know why they change to Avante for the facelift.

To be fair to the AD, think this is beyond their control as it shld be decided by Korea principal.

I was told by my SE, the change in name was largely due to KMC thinking, this facelift is extensive enough to call it a "new" model.

CVT in the next new Elantra / Avante world be an absolute disaster.

There are no recond options for CVT, and a brand new replacement gearbox is in excess of $10,000.

Why do you say that ?

CVTs are generally quite reliable and are now matched with torque converters.

If the driving performance is not like a Honda Jazz 1.5, 54 year old owners like me will be quite happy.

• Praise 2

Why do you say that ?

CVTs are generally quite reliable and are now matched with torque converters.

If the driving performance is not like a Honda Jazz 1.5, 54 year old owners like me will be quite happy.

but don’t like the “rubber band” effect, when step up power like “ai-lai-mai-lai” .. hesitation

• Praise 3

Is it? Forgotten. Will remember now.

Obviously ur medicine not taking effect as ur old nonsense coming back
  • Praise 3

Agree. Do we have a mature adult in this forum or a teenage guy or kid in the forum?

may have to say bye bye 6sp, welcome the CVT..

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/2020-hyundai-elantra-gets-small-182349736.html

what would the feeling for those hated CVT?

This is for the US market. I won't be surprise if our market gets a more dated engine and transmission still. The Avante or Cerato K3 in the Korean market has already paired with a new dual port injection engine and a CVT transmission.

they are also some taken medicine but not taking effect.. keep trolling around other forums..
  • Praise 1

they are also some taken medicine but not taking effect.. keep trolling around other forums..

IMH released more bandwidth i think

IMH released more bandwidth i think

going to the staff area to watch the koi pond for fishes swimming under my feet...

very therapeutic while surfing MCF

going to the staff area to watch the koi pond for fishes swimming under my feet...

very therapeutic while surfing MCF

Go play soccer la

Got natural crowd shouting for u

I was told by my SE, the change in name was largely due to KMC thinking, this facelift is extensive enough to call it a "new" model.

Sure is strange that principal would listen to local AD in such a small market like ours but if true then kudos to Komoco for being able to step up as an important distributor till able to dictate to principal

• Praise 4

Sure is strange that principal would listen to local AD in such a small market like ours but if true then kudos to Komoco for being able to step up as an important distributor till able to dictate to principal ð

Guess the number of sales speak for themselves, avante was indeed one of the top sellers in 2009 followed by Elantra.

Back to avante now and sales figures are looking good this year again even without heavy dependence on phv sales.

When business is good, wind blows in their direction and kmc can call the shots!

• Praise 2

but donât like the ârubber bandâ effect, when step up power like âai-lai-mai-laiâ .. hesitation ð¹

Despite the best efforts, I don't think it's possible to get rid of that feeling...

Guess the number of sales speak for themselves, avante was indeed one of the top sellers in 2009 followed by Elantra.

Back to avante now and sales figures are looking good this year again even without heavy dependence on phv sales.

When business is good, wind blows in their direction and kmc can call the shots!

Making cars is a numbers game... our sales figures, I don't think matter very much to Korea... sad truth...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1