2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Sure is strange that principal would listen to local AD in such a small market like ours but if true then kudos to Komoco for being able to step up as an important distributor till able to dictate to principal

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

Yea, I think Avante is on track to be the best selling mid sized Sedan in Singapore this year.

I doubt, and there is NO way the Hyundai Avante or even Kia Cerato can beat sales of the legendary Toyota Altis, even if the similar specs Altis carries a 25% premium in purchase price.  

• Praise 1

(edited)

I doubt, and there is NO way the Hyundai Avante or even Kia Cerato can beat sales of the legendary Toyota Altis, even if the similar specs Altis carries a 25% premium in purchase price.  

While there is no breakdown of the exact models, if we compare the sedan (petrol) category, Hyundai outsold Toyota by 3167 to 2415 for the first 6 months of the year. And if we consider that the main sedan sales for Hyundai are the Avante sedans (not so much the Accent) while Toyota has Altis, Camry and Vios in that category, then I think it is safe to say that the Avante is the clear leader in terms of number of cars sold.

So there you go...the data has spoken. 

P/S: Kia is not too far behind with 1897 sedans sold. And there is a chance the Ceratos outsold the Altis based on the same assumption above.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M03-Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

Edited by Prataboy
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

Can see that avante really selling like hotcake now, think the sales even better than the pre-facelift elantra.

(edited)

Go play soccer la

Got natural crowd shouting for u

very good and well behaved patient.

When u arrive with a tie, the patient greet you.

They provide quite powerful medication for behaviour modification.

I heard if you visit block 78, can see many james bond there. All licence to kill type.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Numbers will soon tell.

I am driving a Avante S. The front passenger side door can be opened from the inside even when the car is moving(door is auto-locked). Is this like a safety issue or am i the only 1 experiencing this?

I am driving a Avante S. The front passenger side door can be opened from the inside even when the car is moving(door is auto-locked). Is this like a safety issue or am i the only 1 experiencing this?

may I know who is sitting at front passenger seat?

I hope not children as they should be sit at rear with child safe lock on..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

It's a safety feature, so that if you are hijacked in the car, you can still escape from your captors.

But when auto lock is activated, hijackers from the outside are unable to open the door, so you are safe.

Do you mean that your car is armed and locked but you can open from inside?

I dont recall mine behaves this way.

Supersonic

It's a safety feature, so that if you are hijacked in the car, you can still escape from your captors.

But when auto lock is activated, hijackers from the outside are unable to open the door, so you are safe.

I think this is the safety feature in cars now, even you lock the car door, you still can open the door from inside. Like if someone locked the door and walk away, the person left inside the car would not get stuck.

Do you mean that your car is armed and locked but you can open from inside?

I dont recall mine behaves this way.

The car is locked from the inside while driving. Passenger side and driver side can just open the door(even if car is locked). Yes there will be an alarm when this happens but then it seems kind of dangerous as the car is moving

But then its kinda of dangerous. Because the last few cars i had(Mazda, Mitsubishi) doesnt behave this way. You will need to at least unlock(move the "knob" above the door handle/latch on inner side or car door) before you can open the door from inside

I think this is the safety feature in cars now, even you lock the car door, you still can open the door from inside. Like if someone locked the door and walk away, the person left inside the car would not get stuck.

I think even if i lock the car ane someone that is left inside would stick be able to open the door. Just that the alarm will go off. Tried it before on my Mazda

This is safety decision by Hyundai... if for some reason the driver is incapacitated and the front passenger needs to exit the car, you can still do so... I think all Hyundai cars are programmed like this... the rear doors can't be opened from inside when auto-locked... there are pros and cons for all these type of decisions... some prefer that the rear doors also can be opened from inside after auto locking... some prefer that it can't be done cos of children... others say the rear doors auto locking behaviour should be programmable... no clear answer... doesn't seem to have a definitive answer either... each car brand does as it understands of the safety rules in each market...

The car is locked from the inside while driving. Passenger side and driver side can just open the door(even if car is locked). Yes there will be an alarm when this happens but then it seems kind of dangerous as the car is moving

But then its kinda of dangerous. Because the last few cars i had(Mazda, Mitsubishi) doesnt behave this way. You will need to at least unlock(move the "knob" above the door handle/latch on inner side or car door) before you can open the door from inside

There's no alarm when the door is opened when the auto-lock function is activated... I've tried when I drop someone off with the engine idling...

When I stopped the car, move the gear stick to P mode, the car will auto-unlock when the gear stick moves into P mode... I programed it this way in my settings...

I think for some of you, you may programme the car lock to unlock only when you turn off the engine... even when the gear stick already been shifted to P mode... in such a case, when you open the door, the alarm also won't go off...

So I'm not sure that the car alarm goes off...

Perhaps you mean there's a warning chime to warn that you're opening the door when the car is moving...

I guess these lock/unlock decisions are made with rational users in mind...

There's no alarm when the door is opened when the auto-lock function is activated... I've tried when I drop someone off with the engine idling...

When I stopped the car, move the gear stick to P mode, the car will auto-unlock when the gear stick moves into P mode... I programed it this way in my settings...

I think for some of you, you may programme the car lock to unlock only when you turn off the engine... even when the gear stick already been shifted to P mode... in such a case, when you open the door, the alarm also won't go off...

So I'm not sure that the car alarm goes off...

Perhaps you mean there's a warning chime to warn that you're opening the door when the car is moving...

I guess these lock/unlock decisions are made with rational users in mind...

Sorry i meant the warning chim as per what you mentioned. My car auto unlocks when i off the engine(i changed this in the setting). I am just surprised that the passenger door can be opened from the inside while the doors is locked and car is moving.
  • Praise 1

Sorry i meant the warning chim as per what you mentioned. My car auto unlocks when i off the engine(i changed this in the setting). I am just surprised that the passenger door can be opened from the inside while the doors is locked and car is moving.

Safety features for your female colleague.

If you want to modest her,she can open the door and jump off.lol......

It's normal. My previous Nissan all 4 doors can open from inside even when it's lock and moving. Anyway it make sense also cause kids are supposed to sit behind. If someone wants to open the door in case of emergency in front the lock won't prevent you from "escaping".

↡ Advertisement