2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

(edited)
On 2/29/2020 at 10:14 PM, Heartbreakid said:

Heard that new Avante will be launched in Korea in Mid March. Not sure how true and judging from South Korea coronavirus outbreak, the launch might be delayed. Even mention that new Cerato which I suppose could be the facelift version would be launched a week earlier before the new Avante.

https://youtu.be/GwZDEoO85I8

Sorry not Cerato. It is the big SUV new Sorento.

Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement

On 2/20/2020 at 11:45 AM, teomingern said:

What??? Seriously... must be deliberate by AD? Likely they must have more pressing orders to fulfil..

More than 10 years ago, I lost my COE bidding by $1 too but Komoco transfer me the Cat E COE and I still get the car in the end.

Supersonic
39 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

More than 10 years ago, I lost my COE bidding by $1 too but Komoco transfer me the Cat E COE and I still get the car in the end.

Komoco still not bad, even you outbidded by $1 and yet they give you the Cat E coe. Some AD might not do this and just continue to bid for you in the next bidding.

45 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/403439/2021-hyundai-elantra-debut/

New 2021 Elantra will be shown on 17 March

image.thumb.png.c8e194a4fe0f03dc274966b5f6e5c783.png

Again the designers seem to be obsess with trangles, look at the body side... I hope it will look good, otherwise it will be another flop product. I am taking the Elantra MD, which I thought was by far the best looker, as reference.

In sg, highly unlikely they will pair a turbo with dct. Might just end up with the same old 1.6l + 6at in a new body. 

Unless they follow venue with the new engine + ivt. 

Pretty sure some of those elantra owners who bought theirs at high Coe in 2014-2017 will be tempted to trade in to the new elantra having skipped the avante 2019. 

Edited by ferrytales

Basic Elantra has gone up in price to 78k!

My friend is v happy with his car...

Gotta look at other models now for my other friends...

Neutral Newbie

Been driving the Avante S for a month now...my only gripe so far is the entertainment unit is not wireless...its quite irritating to plug in and other with the phone. Anyone has any suggestions other than changing the unit?

Edited by banned

11 minutes ago, banned said:

Been driving the Avante S for a month now...my only gripe so far is the entertainment unit is not wireless...its quite irritating to plug in and other with the phone. Anyone has any suggestions other than changing the unit?

I just leave a spare phone with AA and plug it in permanently mainly for spotify & maps.

3 hours ago, Gabrielhrteo said:

What is the price for the S now? Is it the same as listed on sgcarmart? Any special promo currently? 

Price as per sgcarmart, with 7 years free servicing package. 3k discount if downgrade free package to 1 year. This was from my SE, though I haven't head down yet. Will share if any better deals over the weekend,

On 3/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, Cheefarn said:

Screen captures from the above clip. Ermm.. how is the new rear similar to the current Elantra?

image.png.5d19dc755870c5a014ab2050fbca1350.png

image.png.0d1a026552b6e24b9b9c0160b0795c31.png

Sorry... my bad... I meant similar to the Sonata that we have now... that across the back LED light... which the Cerato didn't implement... but I saw one on the road which I think changed that reflector strip to an LED one...

20 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Price as per sgcarmart, with 7 years free servicing package. 3k discount if downgrade free package to 1 year. This was from my SE, though I haven't head down yet. Will share if any better deals over the weekend,

Oh? You changing car so fast?

On 3/11/2020 at 9:59 AM, ferrytales said:

In sg, highly unlikely they will pair a turbo with dct. Might just end up with the same old 1.6l + 6at in a new body. 

Unless they follow venue with the new engine + ivt. 

Pretty sure some of those elantra owners who bought theirs at high Coe in 2014-2017 will be tempted to trade in to the new elantra having skipped the avante 2019. 

My SE told me there is a high chance that the new Avante/Elantra will follow the new drive train (multi port injection + IVT) found on the Venue. 

↡ Advertisement