2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

On 3/14/2020 at 12:34 PM, Ahtea said:

My SE told me there is a high chance that the new Avante/Elantra will follow the new drive train (multi port injection + IVT) found on the Venue. 

Won't be surprised... given the way climate change is, the fastest and best solution is to save fuel... so IVT lor... MPI also produces less particulates so for Singapore it's better... attracts less tax... probably CEVS neutral like before?

↡ Advertisement

16 hours ago, teomingern said:

Won't be surprised... given the way climate change is, the fastest and best solution is to save fuel... so IVT lor... MPI also produces less particulates so for Singapore it's better... attracts less tax... probably CEVS neutral like before?

Definitely neutral band otherwise the car won't even sell. 

17 hours ago, teomingern said:

They have to make it in Neutral band bro.

Assumption that they follow the same selling price as current variants, if they have a 10k penalty, they will lose its competitiveness against even their closest sibling KIA Cerato, not to say other Japanese "friends" eg. Honda Civic/Toyota Altis (OMV all close to 20k).

The new engine I think actually has less HP then the current Gama engine if I am not mistaken though. But I heard it does feel more refined. 

1 hour ago, therock said:

Has anyone collected their basic Elantra?

seems there’s a rear boot spoiler included .. nice 👍 

When new it's nice... old already... sian cos got one more part to wash and wax... ha ha...

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I nub question. So elantra no longer valid in Singapore? Become avante? Personally I find that elantra design is much nicer than avante. 

For the new elantra that you guy talking about, when will it release? Will it be 1.6 or 2 litre car? Thank you 

On 4/6/2020 at 12:21 AM, Cw1985 said:

Hi. I nub question. So elantra no longer valid in Singapore? Become avante? Personally I find that elantra design is much nicer than avante. 

For the new elantra that you guy talking about, when will it release? Will it be 1.6 or 2 litre car? Thank you 

No idea what Komoco will name this model as... they've ping pong between Elantra is 2001, then Avante in 2007 then Elantra in 2011, then back to Avante with this current model in 2016 and now who knows...

On 4/6/2020 at 12:21 AM, Cw1985 said:

The new 7th generation model should come by end of this year according to many. It will be a 1.6L engine. Not sure if it will be a new engine though.

34 minutes ago, teomingern said:

No idea what Komoco will name this model as... they've ping pong between Elantra is 2001, then Avante in 2007 then Elantra in 2011, then back to Avante with this current model in 2016 and now who knows...

The 2007 Avante was their legendary top selling model here. So they ultimately hoped that with the new facelift (since the outlook changed quite drastically, they might as well change the model name), would sell like the 2007 Avante. I think it is purely marketing.

Supersonic
12 hours ago, teomingern said:

Why cant korean cars fixed on a model name for every new generation they launched? Always keep changing and even phase out the model without anymore new model launch? Like last time the popular Matrix and Getz, no see any new model liao?

Supersonic
12 hours ago, Ahtea said:

The 2007 Avante was their legendary top selling model here. So they ultimately hoped that with the new facelift (since the outlook changed quite drastically, they might as well change the model name), would sell like the 2007 Avante. I think it is purely marketing.

Avante was top selling back in 2007 or so, i think is due to the super low coe. During that time, avante really a very good deal and the car itself also consider not bad la. Thats why during that era, avante is the best saloon car to buy.

I totally agreed it's purely sale marketing strategy for Komoco. Having said, Elantra and Avante is practical and value for money compare to Altis, Civic, Mazda 3.

6 hours ago, Tcx607 said:

I totally agreed it's purely sale marketing strategy for Komoco. Having said, Elantra and Avante is practical and value for money compare to Altis, Civic, Mazda 3.

Yes, you are right in this.

19 hours ago, Tcx607 said:

Can they beat the Japanese in terms of reliability?

korean cars are known for high selling price. in terms of resale value than drop pants liao. it is not value for money anymore for korean cars as compared to 20yrs back.

if you are those that drive till coe EOL than it is worth it. but having said that. price still on high side with a kimchi car although i agreed that it packs with features for those who like.

2 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

korean cars are known for high selling price. in terms of resale value than drop pants liao. it is not value for money anymore for korean cars as compared to 20yrs back.

if you are those that drive till coe EOL than it is worth it. but having said that. price still on high side with a kimchi car although i agreed that it packs with features for those who like.

Back in 2009 when I was looking for a ride. Civic 1.6 was selling at $80k while Avante was selling at $40k. People said go for Honda or Toyota because it has high resale value. 

But in the first place, you are paying more, and naturally "higher" resale value compare to Korean ride. So personally, the term resale value high is very subjective because Avante back then after years of driving, I check on its resale value, I don't loss much compare to if I get a Japanese ride.

Till date, I still believe Korean rides still is value for money given its selling price. Japanese ride themselves are in fact known for their high selling price instead with lesser features. It is only in recent years that the Japanese, or rather Jap local dealers start to up their features but still with same high selling price or even higher. Honda and Mazda are good examples.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 2

53 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Back in 2009 when I was looking for a ride. Civic 1.6 was selling at $80k while Avante was selling at $40k. People said go for Honda or Toyota because it has high resale value. 

But in the first place, you are paying more, and naturally "higher" resale value compare to Korean ride. So personally, the term resale value high is very subjective because Avante back then after years of driving, I check on its resale value, I don't loss much compare to if I get a Japanese ride.

Till date, I still believe Korean rides still is value for money given its selling price. Japanese ride themselves are in fact known for their high selling price instead with lesser features. It is only in recent years that the Japanese, or rather Jap local dealers start to up their features but still with same high selling price or even higher. Honda and Mazda are good examples.

well.. at the end of the day, money still come out from individual's pocket. is only how much you loose when u sell or scrap it. after all car is not a asset but rather liability to most.

enjoy your ride. stay safe and healthy.

14 minutes ago, StreamRSZ said:

well.. at the end of the day, money still come out from individual's pocket. is only how much you loose when u sell or scrap it. after all car is not a asset but rather liability to most.

enjoy your ride. stay safe and healthy.

Yes. Ultimately as long as once the car purchase is committed, one will just lose money, just a matter of more or less. 

Finally same goes to you and your family and everybody in the forum. Stay safe and healthy. Cheers.

Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement