2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

5 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Can they beat the Japanese in terms of reliability?

Catching up. But some minor issues here and there. I do hear a few Honda Civic 10th gen owners complaining about such minor issues too anyway.

I guess, for the price, it is a compromise one have to take.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 4/9/2020 at 11:08 AM, 13177 said:

Why cant korean cars fixed on a model name for every new generation they launched? Always keep changing and even phase out the model without anymore new model launch? Like last time the popular Matrix and Getz, no see any new model liao?

The naming is fixed overseas.... Elantra for US and Avante for Korea... it's also fixed as Elantra in Malaysia...but Australia & Singapore gets the ping-pong nonsense... I don't know why... 

On 4/10/2020 at 9:23 AM, StreamRSZ said:

korean cars are known for high selling price. in terms of resale value than drop pants liao. it is not value for money anymore for korean cars as compared to 20yrs back.

if you are those that drive till coe EOL than it is worth it. but having said that. price still on high side with a kimchi car although i agreed that it packs with features for those who like.

It doesn't matter if you drive it to x years or 10 years... at every point, in today's context you're just going to get the paper value of the car from dealers, whatever car you buy... only AD will give you an overtrade and for ADs with fat margins (like BMW or Mercedes), it's basically more of a discount... so the higher you pay, the more you lose, there's no such thing as resale value in today's context... your OMV, PARF are all not secret... so not difficult for anyone to work out the paper value of any car... who will offer you more than your paper value? Only private buyers cos it's more worthwhile than buying at inflated prices from a dealer and you would rather sell to a private buyer to get more... but doesn't matter what brand, it's your PARF + a few thousand dollars more lor... and since most people trade in their cars, resale value also moot lor...

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

It doesn't matter if you drive it to x years or 10 years... at every point, in today's context you're just going to get the paper value of the car from dealers, whatever car you buy... only AD will give you an overtrade and for ADs with fat margins (like BMW or Mercedes), it's basically more of a discount... so the higher you pay, the more you lose, there's no such thing as resale value in today's context... your OMV, PARF are all not secret... so not difficult for anyone to work out the paper value of any car... who will offer you more than your paper value? Only private buyers cos it's more worthwhile than buying at inflated prices from a dealer and you would rather sell to a private buyer to get more... but doesn't matter what brand, it's your PARF + a few thousand dollars more lor... and since most people trade in their cars, resale value also moot lor...

But many people still think otherwise 

20 hours ago, teomingern said:

Yes, paper value for most cases. Sometimes if the AD is good, they might pay you a bit more if your car condition is still good. What they call "body value". The difference is not great however. 

This car could have been really good looking.

It just needs a nose job and Koreans are good at nose jobs.

So the midlife face lift should make it better looking.

:grin:

image.png.354290b5a0dde05cf979935384f34a01.png

Take a leaf from Ford stealing Aston Martin's grill.

image.png.d96390c91ff5dd8b4ac33901cbb92ae5.pngimage.thumb.png.ec5e96420c54a42ff04b9c32cc34ba2c.png

22 hours ago, DemagHyundai said:

Hi anyone head light have water mark??

You mean water vapour? If so, yes. Mine have too.

Supersonic
24 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Oh... that's not acceptable leh... should get it changed under warranty...

Maybe it is common to have water vapour after car wash or heavy rain? If the vapour go away, then it is not consider defect? 

(edited)
23 hours ago, 13177 said:

Maybe it is common to have water vapour after car wash or heavy rain? If the vapour go away, then it is not consider defect? 

Cannot be lar... the lamp cluster is supposed to be hermetically sealed as water will cause corrosion and potentially short-circuit the lamp... so there shouldn't be any vapour inside the lamp cluster... points to a leak somewhere inside the lamp cluster... I had my rear lamp replaced on warranty due to the same issue... Komoco could not find the leak so they just replaced the whole lamp cluster module...

Edited by teomingern
Typo
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 7/31/2020 at 12:59 PM, teomingern said:

Cannot be lar... the lamp cluster is supposed to be hermetically sealed as water will cause corrosion and potentially short-circuit the lamp... so there shouldn't be any vapour inside the lamp cluster... points to a leak somewhere inside the lamp cluster... I had my rear lamp replaced on warranty due to the same issue... Komoco could not find the leak so they just replaced the whole lamp cluster module...

https://www.carlightblog.com/2018/10/23/condensation-in-your-headlights-is-nothing-to-worry-about/

Seems like fogging in headlight units shouldn't be anything serious... 

On 7/30/2020 at 1:47 PM, 13177 said:

I suspect it is more like due to the condensation when the inner lamp is hotter than the exterior surface.

I am not too concerned as of now as the issue is not like trapping water.

SA told me this is "normal" as well. But will just monitor, if things dont get well, will ask it to be replaced closer to the warranty end date. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
On 7/30/2020 at 1:22 PM, teomingern said:

Oh... that's not acceptable leh... should get it changed under warranty...

Ya. Covered by warranty.

↡ Advertisement