2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

On 4/13/2021 at 5:37 PM, yellowshaun said:

When I enter the car, it felt alot like going into the Civic (how low it was)... Are you comparing to other cars you test drove, or a car that you have been driving for some number of years already?

Have driven many cars, avante first gen was 1 of them. I don’t remember the suspension for the rear is so hard that it can be bumpy.

↡ Advertisement

On 4/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, teomingern said:

Bump not absorbed??? That would mean the car is bouncing up and down after passing over a hump? Unlikely lar... this means the shock absorbers are spoilt... perhaps you mean the suspension bottoms out and your car hits the suspension bumper? Not clear what you mean... usually for small cars, the car suspension is often described as crashy... that is the car undulates quite a bit so every time the car passes over some road imperfections as if the imperfection was so large... and usually we say the suspension is good when the car settles quickly or almost unobtrusively after passing over road imperfections... a lot depends on the type of shock absorbers & spring combination + tuning, and design of the suspension geometry & parts...

Not up and down. It’s like bicycle with no suspension if you get what I mean. When you cycle and hit a bump. It’s that kind of impact I’m describing. Normally, it should absorb a bit. Not the thud impact. 

1 hour ago, Passion said:

Not up and down. It’s like bicycle with no suspension if you get what I mean. When you cycle and hit a bump. It’s that kind of impact I’m describing. Normally, it should absorb a bit. Not the thud impact. 

Wah sounds like the shock absorber gone ah?

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Ha ha... what did you drive over or through daily?

Flat roads. Nothing special. Go over hump slowly also. But it seem like the absorber is notoriously hard.

12 hours ago, teomingern said:

Hmmm... so far only you complain too hard leh...

Maybe I used to soft suspension like those in Toyota. Even my conti car I find it just right. Hyundai’s one.... a little too harsh or hard.

6 hours ago, Passion said:

Maybe I used to soft suspension like those in Toyota. Even my conti car I find it just right. Hyundai’s one.... a little too harsh or hard.

suspension design do play a part. 

but just curious you are comparing to which model of make ?

On 4/24/2021 at 4:34 PM, Passion said:

Flat roads. Nothing special. Go over hump slowly also. But it seem like the absorber is notoriously hard.

I share the same experiences that the absorber is hard. You need to go slow over hump.

Positive side, the body posture is good during tight cornering. 

15 hours ago, Contipro said:

suspension design do play a part. 

but just curious you are comparing to which model of make ?

Previous gen altis or Camry, or Nissan sylphy or Latio. 

My 2020 Avante has this rubbing noise when turning the steering wheel. I wonder anyone had this problem and managed to get it fixed by Komoko under warranty?

12 hours ago, skboy said:

My 2020 Avante has this rubbing noise when turning the steering wheel. I wonder anyone had this problem and managed to get it fixed by Komoko under warranty?

It will be fixed under warranty... you need to replicate the problem and show the customer service officer...

On 4/26/2021 at 10:18 AM, Passion said:

Previous gen altis or Camry, or Nissan sylphy or Latio. 

Just to share my experience on 2018 Elantra, when i got the car, the rear suspension is stiffer but when you drive more it will soften out. Another thing is since it is ard 8k... you might wanna go back KMC to check on the suspension... no harm doing it.

Anyone can share the tyre pressure you guys have on your ride? Seem like 230 recommended tyre pressure seem a bit too hard for the ride. And the hard suspension isn’t making it better.

Also, anyone changed shock absorber before? Like the ride get more softer?

On 6/19/2021 at 9:07 PM, Passion said:

Anyone can share the tyre pressure you guys have on your ride? Seem like 230 recommended tyre pressure seem a bit too hard for the ride. And the hard suspension isn’t making it better.

Also, anyone changed shock absorber before? Like the ride get more softer?

I do 35-36psi when the tyre is hot. Not recommended to go too low as low tyre pressure will increase fuel consumption. 

Slightly over-inflate will help save petrol and won't harm your tires or suspension... or affect safety... I tend to do 5 kPa higher than what's on my door sill... so my car's recommended is 235 kPa but I will pump up to 240 kPa... 

On 6/21/2021 at 9:15 AM, Ahtea said:

I do 35-36psi when the tyre is hot. Not recommended to go too low as low tyre pressure will increase fuel consumption. 

And is this bumpy? I mean for the rear suspension.

↡ Advertisement