2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone here done a air intake change? Or used this device called the Surbo? Any advice which is a better choice? 

↡ Advertisement

On 2/27/2023 at 8:50 AM, Z030005 said:

@tpgblack4 Personally, I'm quite happy with the car and the workshop service. 

The car is neither premium nor luxury, it's a decent pointA to pointB car. Refer to my review here (https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_reviews.php?CarCode=12399, under Z030005). No regret to this date. 

Workshop wise, I have been visiting Kembangan Service Center for EVERYTHING except 1) an upgrade to add cruise control (this is done in SG as well) and 2) battery change (I delayed my service appointment by a few months so as it died in the odd hour unexpectedly ).

The price is not cheapest, staff is not the most friendly/ chatty one, but there's a level of consistency and professionalism you can be expect, there's no hard sell and they go by book. Some times you might feel they want to con you, for example I was told the tyre should be changed after 3 years regardless of mileage, you can just turn them down and then they won't pursue further like telling you stories... 

On the higher service fee or so, I think it's mainly because they do include some extra thing (that you might want but can't remove/exclude), for example they top up your windshield fluid, battery health check and tyre rotation. 

Actually I do change my tires after about two and a half years .. 

I thought topping up fluids and the others are all standard service for most cars?

@therock I'm not saying changing tire every 3 years is not right. It's like frequency that you should change your tooth brush or get your watch serviced, every manufacturer has their own understanding and system, like Omega recommends you to do yearly maintenance to ensure your watch remains water resistance. 

Most "attractive" package (like SGD 99 for 10k service) does only what the package states such as engine oil change, no extra like topping up fluid, tyre rotation, and X point inspection (like engine mount visual check)

On 2/24/2023 at 11:33 AM, Compro said:

@dy777 Local support is none, KMC is hopeless. I have the older version with helps from Taiwan HP dealer. It works well. Use google to search if not, send me your email address and I can send to you the firmware file and instruction.

Hi Compro,

I have sent you a PM, thanks.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:33 AM, Compro said:

@dy777 Local support is none, KMC is hopeless. I have the older version with helps from Taiwan HP dealer. It works well. Use google to search if not, send me your email address and I can send to you the firmware file and instruction.

Hi Compro, can you send me the firmware and instructions?

I had sent you a pm some time back.

Thanks

@Sillyme Quite common for them to reply this way. This workshop simply cannot make it. I would not get another Hyundai especially EV which is very much software dependent.

1st Gear
On 1/19/2024 at 11:30 PM, Compro said:

@dy777 Sorry missed that as never login for long time. Try this website. 安鈦科技-下載專區 (antaih.com)

Thanks @Compro. Will try it out.

Neutral Newbie

Hello i am planning on getting a PARF 4 year old Avante 2019 model.
I have sent for workshop check and everything seems fine except for one small detail.

In the attached photo circled part, is the white color thing (under the nut/washer) normal?
Anybody knows if it comes like this from manufacturer?

Other than this all else seems fine, no tell tale signs of accident before but i am just worried about this white colored "seal" since my mechanic told me this seems abit off.

Thanks in advance

1.jpg

2.JPG

↡ Advertisement